Writing things down to see how silly they are.

You ever worry that you secretly upset people, like you did something annoying or are actively annoying people but no one tells you for the sake of being polite until eventually they tell you after years of knowing them. And your just left there wondering even though it’s probably a silly thought that isn’t true because people would probably tell you if you did something annoying but your still worried about it for some reason. And also actively being worried that talking about the things yout worried about is also annoying people.
Yeah that’s silly.

18 Likes

All the time.

1 Like

How could you say something I may identify with so strongly but am unwilling to admit it.

And then you hear people talk in another room too quietly to distinguish the topic and are stuck thinking that they are discussing your numerous faults.

2 Likes

All the time, as soon as I leave and hear people talking it has to be about me, couldn’t possibly be about spaghetti or something.

3 Likes

If you leave a fluffy and it starts talking it’s probably about sketti

1 Like

Yup know that feeling. Yay insecurities.

2 Likes

You know, I did not come in here to be called out like this. . .

Yeah all the time. I’ve finally reached a good balance of meds and self awareness that lets me keep from worrying too much, but it’s always there. Waiting for my guard to slip and then I’m back on the worry rollercoaster.

1 Like

Every time I talk to someone

1 Like

1 Like

Felt like that most of my life, luckily not anymore. Godspeed, y’all, I hope you get better. Its not a way to live, honestly.

1 Like

i like pranks, and have no idea what is going on.

1 Like

I understand how you feel and I know it sucks but think of it this way; you are caring and considerate enough to worry about bothering others even if they don’t say it (they may not even be bothered at all!). People notice these kind of things and appreciate it. Also, it’s not like you’re holding them at gunpoint, they could leave but choose to stay. that either means the don’t mind or they enjoy being with you enough to tolerate it

2 Likes

I wish I knew it, something to work on.

2 Likes

Being considerate is good but you have to think about it on a bigger scale, you can’t perfectly please every single person you meet. Best you can do is be what you consider to be a good person and live on with it.

2 Likes

It sounds mean and harsh, but you (as in collective you, all of us) aren’t important enough for the majority of people to think about when you’re not around.

I use to have this fear all the time. Someone had to sit me down and tell me that it was actually extremely prideful and narcassistic to believe that I was continually on people’s minds when I wasn’t around. Don’t worry about people talking about your behind your back or gossiping. The vast vast majority of people are too mature for that.

As for being annoying and not knowing? Ask people if you are being annoying and trust that they have no reason to lie to your face. If they say you aren’t, believe them. If they say you are, believe them, and use it as constructive criticism to become better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I keep telling myself that, it’s just hard to convince myself. Then I ended up thinking it was egotistical to like myself at all. (I’m better now) I wish everyone could realize these sorts if things, I hope everyone learns to love themselves.

1 Like

It’s an interesting balancing act between narcassistic pride and self loathing. You think it’d be easier to find that healthy middle ground, but it’s so easy to be hard on yourself (ironically, even when people are nice to you, you feel like you need to be meaner to balance out their positivity)

1 Like

I’m just in a circle of penance for being stupid enough to think I deserve love, I just want everyone to know how much I love them.

(I’m seeing a therapist I’ll be ok)

3 Likes

May I help with that?

2 Likes

You can try.

1 Like