No Stupid Questions (ask anything you've wondered about Fluffies)

This.

I’m down to answer questions you might have, if I know the answer.

Do fluffy wings have actual feathers or is it just more fluff?

1 Like

They have feathers, but don’t allow for actual flight

1 Like

Traditionally Pegasai and Alicorns have actual feathers in their wings due to the use of bird DNA when trying to create the Pegasus type. However, their wings are too small and ineffective for actual flight. Really old stories had it that Pegasus fluffies could glide from high places. But over time most authors and artists went with the canon that the wings were just for show and that’s how it’s remained. Pegasus fluffies still had the obsession with flight and would still try “Fly” from high places but it was up to their owner to help with “Flying” (By picking them up or using a harness to help them “fly”).

4 Likes

Also the root of an old classic pegasus fluffies jumping from 12th story buildings

2 Likes

Like others have said, the feathers usually are genuine. That said, that isn’t always the case— in his story “Interlopers”, Gardel uses this evocative description of fluffy wings:

They were like the wings of a little sparrow but instead of feathers it had this rayon-like fur on it with the texture of feathers.

The same story also has this little gem from a mere sentence before:

After like 3 hours in line you could finally pet a purple stallion and it felt like that cheap plastic fluffy fabric they use for teddy bears, yet this thing is biological, not a robot!

4 Likes

Yeah but if we get into headcanon shit we’ll be here all day

Fluffies have real feelings? Or are they just programmed to respond in a certain way to certain actions? How real is an emotion if you are programed to feel it?

If you shave a fluffy does the hair eventually grow back? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I’ve seen very few stories where the fluffy actually grows back

1 Like

Most take into account that yes, it grows again but it is a very uncomfortable period for them, the only exception is when a chemical product is used that damages the follicles.

2 Likes

Only because they are usually killed sometime after, but it does grow back

1 Like

Some people make them programmed biotoys which simulate emotions, which I ultimately feel isn’t real and takes away the point of abuse.

Some people make them regular animals which feel real emotions, which I prefer because it makes the abuse feel actually impactful.

4 Likes

General consensus is that it’s a bit of Column A and a bit of Column B. Exactly to what extent for either one is, again, dependent on headcanon.

1 Like

I know this is kind of an odd answer but I’ve always assumed that even abusers have to on some level think they have feelings otherwise what satisfaction is there ? You may as well smash a furby with a sledgehammer

3 Likes

Gta npc’s doesn’t have feelings either. Doesn’t stop me from driving on sidewalks

3 Likes

Headcanon can vary on just how “Programmed” a fluffy is but in the vast majority of cases. Fluffies have very real feelings but some humans write them off as “Programmed” due to the way Hasbio promoted them as toys which is why fluffies are seen as just disposable toys to be used up.

The typical headcanon most use is that the “Programming” Hasbio gave them is really “Ingrained Knowledge”. If they see a ball. They know what to do with a ball. Same with a litterbox. They know to do their toilet there. They don’t have to spend time figuring things out because they can put 2+2 together instantly on items. And this also was a feature to help Hasbio breed them out much quicker because the parents would just know what they needed to do and how to raise their foals. But all their feelings, hopes and dreams are all real.

It grows back. But the risk with shaving a fluffy is they get very uncomfortable and potentially freeze to death without it because their skin is very sensitive and can’t regulate heat (Which the fluff is designed for) so they need to be kept in comfortable conditions if you aren’t going to destroy them afterwards.

2 Likes

There’s significantly less shit to clean up in gta when you drive on the sidewalk as well

2 Likes

Apart from that ancient 4chan greentext story, is there any real reason as to why fluffies have such an obsession with spaghetti?

Supposedly it’s something they added to their programming, because one of the most important sponsors of the"fluffies pony" program was a canned pasta company.

2 Likes

No. Every single explanation, like “they tried to do a sneaky promotion during develpoment stages” is just to explain the green text

5 Likes