No Stupid Questions (ask anything you've wondered about Fluffies)

So for the sake of not wasting everyone’s time

This is basically the “questions about fluffies that we all have but no one wants to ask because it makes us feel dumb that we don’t know “ post

Instead of digging through hundreds of posts to find your answer just drop it here and hope someone has the answer

Look we all have better things to do than read several Tolkien books worth of information to find out if fictional rat sized ponies can tell the difference between angels hair and regular spaghetti noodles

9 Likes

This seems more like something that belongs in Community Posts tbh

You’d be right, it’s been moved to the correct category

3 Likes

Part of me knows you are right

But the other part knows that if I post this in community that everything will be answered in vaguely applicable memes

Wrong. It will become so if you post it in shitposting. Community posts are a cereal business

1 Like

I mean that’s just the nature of the internet, but I usually see people take community posts seriously, provided the poster isn’t being a jackoff

If you ask a few questions first I’m sure some of us would answer you

This.

I’m down to answer questions you might have, if I know the answer.

Do fluffy wings have actual feathers or is it just more fluff?

1 Like

They have feathers, but don’t allow for actual flight

1 Like

Traditionally Pegasai and Alicorns have actual feathers in their wings due to the use of bird DNA when trying to create the Pegasus type. However, their wings are too small and ineffective for actual flight. Really old stories had it that Pegasus fluffies could glide from high places. But over time most authors and artists went with the canon that the wings were just for show and that’s how it’s remained. Pegasus fluffies still had the obsession with flight and would still try “Fly” from high places but it was up to their owner to help with “Flying” (By picking them up or using a harness to help them “fly”).

4 Likes

Also the root of an old classic pegasus fluffies jumping from 12th story buildings

2 Likes

Like others have said, the feathers usually are genuine. That said, that isn’t always the case— in his story “Interlopers”, Gardel uses this evocative description of fluffy wings:

They were like the wings of a little sparrow but instead of feathers it had this rayon-like fur on it with the texture of feathers.

The same story also has this little gem from a mere sentence before:

After like 3 hours in line you could finally pet a purple stallion and it felt like that cheap plastic fluffy fabric they use for teddy bears, yet this thing is biological, not a robot!

4 Likes

Yeah but if we get into headcanon shit we’ll be here all day

Fluffies have real feelings? Or are they just programmed to respond in a certain way to certain actions? How real is an emotion if you are programed to feel it?

If you shave a fluffy does the hair eventually grow back? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I’ve seen very few stories where the fluffy actually grows back

1 Like

Most take into account that yes, it grows again but it is a very uncomfortable period for them, the only exception is when a chemical product is used that damages the follicles.

2 Likes

Only because they are usually killed sometime after, but it does grow back

1 Like

Some people make them programmed biotoys which simulate emotions, which I ultimately feel isn’t real and takes away the point of abuse.

Some people make them regular animals which feel real emotions, which I prefer because it makes the abuse feel actually impactful.

4 Likes

General consensus is that it’s a bit of Column A and a bit of Column B. Exactly to what extent for either one is, again, dependent on headcanon.

1 Like