A few words before we make our website changes; (come talk with me)

Thank you Virgil for inviting me into this community. I’ve met so much amazing people that pushed me forward beyond what I thought I was capable and honestly I think everyone here should’ve been more thankful for your work. Because without you and your work none of this would’ve happened, regardless of what anyone claims they could’ve.

Overall you don’t need to apologize, fox man.

I’m sorry.

8 Likes

Very well said.

Thanks for everything. If it weren’t for you, this place probably wouldn’t have been here for me to find when I did and I wouldn’t have been able to get somewhat acquainted with all these wonderful weirdos.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. Hope you can get at least a little peace for a while. Stay cool, eh? :beaver:

6 Likes

There is so much I want to say but don’t know how to phrase it.

@Virgil thank you. You will be missed.

5 Likes

While I stepped away from the community for over a year, I did enjoy our talks in VC in discord and the times we played games like jackbox as well. I can understand that trying to be a leader in any community is quite mentally demanding and I understand why you are stepping down. I do hope you at least stick around for all the fun times we can have in the future as well. You will always be a friend.

5 Likes

First things first.
Don’t you dare be sorry about anything.
You rescued this weirdo little community from the jaws of death, when the booru went tits up, and all things fluffy seemed lost.
You stepped up to the plate and did what nobody else had the balls to do.
We all owe you for that.
We wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for you.
Fluffies would be either dead or confined to Reddit, a fate worse then death.

And now you are stepping down and leaving the community in capable hands.
You could have just as well said fuck it and left fluffies to die again.
But you didn’t, even if this community is like herding cats.

I don’t consider anybody here my enemy, after all we are all in it together in our weird connection with little talking rat horsies.
i just dont see eye to eye with people some times, and vice versa.

I’m a lazy twat when it comes to creating, with long spells of nothing and then short brief spurts of intensive action followed by lassitude again.
But I do plan to keep on drawing fluffies.
I personally tend to swing between extreme abuse and extreme hugbox with nothing in between.
Sadbox and weirdbox don’t really get my creative computations going for some reason.

And i am thankfull for the community that’s still around.
And i wish you nothing but the best, but is also hope you wont abandon the community you resurrected and wont be a stranger.

If you do plan to leave fluffies behind you, then I begrudge you nothing.
You did more then anybody could hope for, and went the extra mile when it was thought impossible.

8 Likes

I am new. I’ve only been here since about January/February so I don’t really know anything about the Booru or any schisms within the community.

All I know is that, because I happened upon some old The Click videos, I found out about a very interesting community and was kind of intrigued by all aspects of it.

I generally love the emotional aspects of it; the sadbox and the hugbox, the abuse generally makes me feel sad for the fluffy on the receiving end unless they’ve done terrible things.

So many stories, comics and drawings have made me laugh and cry and feel.

This was one recently that made me feel so bad for the foal Lil’ Blue and made me really sad. It’s part of why I love this community, the catharsis.

I have read more short stories on Fluffy Community than I have in real life for many years. I’ve found a lot of writers that are really talented and worked on it. I tend to enjoy most stories to some extent unless the English language skills are really poor to the point of near illegibility.

@BFM101 and @Biorb_Biorb are a couple where I see a new story and have to read it.

You, @Virgil, made all this possible and I can’t thank you enough for the work you’ve put in.

7 Likes

Its a very very long story that started in 2012 on the chans and ends for the time being on FC.

4 Likes

I haven’t always been the easiest person to deal with. I’ve had my share of toxic moments and honestly contributed to what is most likely too much stress for you. For that I apologize to you.

I’m sad to see you step down but I’m happy to see you putting your mental wellbeing first. That’s all I really ask of anyone.

5 Likes

As sad as this situation is, all I can hope that this isn’t the last we’ll see of you. I’m reluctant to take on this much responsibility because I know you were the perfect fit for it, and I don’t think there’s ever a chance I can live up to the expectations that you set just by being you.

I’ve mentioned this to you before, but there will always be a place for you as long as I have a say in it, be it as a regular community member, a member of staff, or even just an anonymous lurker. You’ll always have people love and appreciate you for what you’ve done for the community, for good reason.

Thanks for putting your trust in me, and I’ll try my hardest to do right by the ideals that you envisioned, because you’re right, there’s a lot of strife in the community, but at the end of the day we’re all the same weirdos, so it doesn’t matter what box you really belong to, we’re one single community.

5 Likes

Dog to be compared with BFM like that… that means to world bro, thank you so much

4 Likes

I only know you in passing and don’t know much about you at all.
But the fact that you are willing to shoulder the burden of taking on and hosing this bunch of loonies should say enough.

I am sure you wil do the best you can and wil be a worthwhile admin.

6 Likes

You did well as our head admin and there is nothing to apologize. Hope at least you drop by and say hi :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I arrived barely a year ago but this place has placed its hooks firmly into me. The subreddit may be fine I guess but I’m generally not fond of reddit and feel like this is the place to be since you can more easily find what you’re looking for.

@Virgil - I am forever grateful to you for keeping this cozy little haven going. Thank you for all the hard work. Remember that you’re awesome and you’ve got nothing to be sorry for. You’ve been like a firm but loving guardian which is exactly what FC needs. :heart:

@Ryou - though we’ve never quizzingly poked one another I think you’ll do fine shouldering the responsibility since you know the expectations and still does not shy away from the role. You’ve got the communitys back and we’ve got yours. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

You protected my childhood. Thank you so much!

3 Likes

it seems like only yesterday you were bright eyed and bushy tailed looking to make a place in this world for fluffies now that you are properly jaded and indifferent you leave us . at least you gave us some wonderful strange days but you also tied us to reddit so a hardy fuck you for that

2 Likes

@Virgil Thanks for giving our weird little herd a place to call home. Thank you for handing over the reins instead of just dumping us off the website. Now we won’t have to scatter to reddit and 4chan and all the other places from whence fluffies come.
I haven’t been around long on this new site,less than two weeks,but I will always appreciate the fact that you gave us
somewhere to congregate. One of the biggest appeals of fluffies to me is the creativity of the community,and it simply isn’t the same if everyone isn’t gathered in one place.
I’m generally a hugboxer/sadboxer,but I don’t get pressed when I see abuse art or talk to someone who’s a fan of abuse. We’re all people with this strange hobby of tiny chimera horses. Thanks for keeping all of us fluffy fans gathered up.
@Ryou Thanks for being willing to take on the role of keeping this site going as well. I hope the community learns from this and your hands won’t be as full as Virgil’s.

4 Likes

Leaders aren’t supposed to be forever. You’re supposed to put in a few years and leave the community in better shape than you found it. If you did that, you did a good job.

One bit of practical advice I’d suggest to you and @Ryou (whom I’ve spoken to about this) is to give yourself a deployment plan for the transition. That includes having a plan to back out if the transition goes haywire. From what little I understand the transition shouldn’t be that hard. I would also suggest using a cloud instance for the container or the server, but I don’t know what your budget or your local capabilities are, so that might not be feasible.

Good luck to all of us!

3 Likes

@Virgil
With my last oz of Aberlour Speyside single malt Double Cask matured 12 years, here’s to you, the FC-site and the folks who made it possible.

A new chapter in the story begins, and it’s time for old heroes to get their well-deserved rest.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking care of this community, for recreating what I missed most about the booru.

I hope you’ll stick around, even if you aren’t running things anymore.

2 Likes

I know it might be too much to ask for, but it’s the any chance of having a basic functional website up and running, ready to receive posts ahead of time?