A Ray of Sunshine part 2 (By: Kersploosh)

It was a whirlwind of excitement for little Sunshine. It turned out that the nice lady was actually her new daddeh’s daddeh’s special friend. Now the two of them were living in a nice house in another state. Sunshine never did find out what happened to her mummah, not that she actually cared. She knew that her new daddeh would make the fluffy nummer go away if she ever found them.

It didn’t take her long to get used to some things about living in a human house. The one thing her mother taught her of value was that there was a place for good poopies, so litter box training was a breeze with only getting a sorry sticking twice from accidents. The formula she had to be fed was much tastier than her mother’s milk, and there was always enough to fill her tummy. There was also so many toys to play with it hurt her little brain. Her only regret is that her brother wasn’t with her.

However, she did manage to make a new fluffy friend. Melody was a cream colored eathie with a light purple mane. She was Luke’s stepsister’s fluffy that was a former breeder from an illegal mill. It did take a bit for her to get used to Sunshine as she was terrified of foals after years of giving birth, having her children taken away immediately, and being impregnated that day over and over again. Once Melody realized that Sunshine wasn’t going away, she started to accept and eventually befriended Sunshine.

What really brought them together was when Sunshine told her about her meanie mummah. Melody was so flabbergasted that a mummah could be so mean to her babbies, especially after knowing the pain after never getting to hold any of hers. After that, it wasn’t uncommon to see Melody acting like a mother or older sister towards Sunshine, even though she never thought of herself as such. This was the happiest that either fluffy had ever been.

Today was a special day for Sunshine. She was going to go a place called a vet to make sure she was all nice and healthy. The ride in the metal monster, that she now knew was called a car, wasn’t that scary now that she knew what they were. Occasionally, a car beside them would honk its horn when the driver noticed a fluffy was onboard. This didn’t have the effect they wanted as she really couldn’t here them.

Upon reaching their destination, Luke carried Sunshine into the vet office in her not-sorry box and Rachael checked them in. There weren’t that many fluffies with owners in the waiting room, but there were a few notable ones. One couple was holding an unnaturally upbeat pillow fluff with a very distraught fluffy begging, “Pwease nu take smawty’s weggies.” There was also a woman with a very pregnant teal earthie who was crying for her mother not to hurt her tummy-babbehs, but the woman just said, “Sky, I’ve told you a thousand times, this is a c-section, not an abortion. Your babies will be fine.”

Other than that, there was nothing out of the ordinary. They sat there for about ten minutes before getting taken to a back room for Sunshine’s exam.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Gale. And this must be Sunshine.”

“Hewwo nice wady.” Sunshine was so excited, she loved meeting new people.

“I’m Rachael and this is Luke.”

“Hi,” Luke wasn’t the best when talking to new people yet.

“Well, let’s get a good look at this little girl.” Dr. Gale wasted no time in taking the little foal out of her carrier and looking over her.

“Owwies, why put cowd thingy in poopie pwace?”

“Sorry Sunshine, but I need to do this to make sure you’re healthy.” Sunshine was still not happy about this but trusted that the human mare new more than she did. “Everything, seems to be ok. Healthy for a one month old that you say was found in an alleyway?”

“Yes, Luke found her or I guess she found Luke after running away from a mother that was planning to eat her.”

“Sounds like Bitch Mare Syndrome.”

“Bitch Mare Syndrome?” Luke asked.

“A degenerative condition caused by hormones from pregnancy in fluffies. Mostly happens to fluffies that breed before the six month mark.” She gave a couple scritches to Sunshine. “Similar to Smarty Syndrome, it warps the mind of the fluffy and makes them suicidally overconfident and incredibly stupid, even by fluffy standards. This also leads to mothers picking favorites and even rejecting healthy foals that aren’t said favorite. If a fluffy gets this, euthanasia is the kindest option.”

Luke didn’t like the sound of that. The idea of Sunshine becoming a monster troubled him, and he didn’t know what he would do in that situation. “So, we also had to get her some shots today.” He was desperate to change the subject.

“Oh yes, she needs her first round of shots and her ID chip.” Rachael chimed in.

“I have them all right here. Is all the information on the paper correct?” After looking at it, Luke nodded. “Then let’s get started.”

After all was said and done, Sunshine was a blubbering mess. She thought she was being punished as each needle penetrated her. Fluffy nerves being so clustered made the light pinch felt like being stabbed with a knife. “I’m sorry, Sunshine, but these shots will keep you from getting very sick.” Luke tried to comfort her.

“Bu’ why du it need tu huwt su muchies.” Her eyes were full of tears. Luke just petted her and she slowly started to calm down.

“Just how it is for fluffies. Even humans have to get shots sometimes to keep them healthy.”

Sniffle. “Weawwy?”

“Yes really.” She shifts her attention to Rachael. “Well you three are free to go. You can talk to Kathrine at the front desk to schedule the follow up shots in about a month.”

Rachael replied, “Thank you.” The three of them left, paying and scheduling her next shots on the way out. Sunshine was still lightly crying. She felt a bit betrayed. Why would her daddeh let her get such bad hurties? Despite all the pain, deep down she knew he didn’t hate her.

The drive home was going fine, despite the huuhuuing from Sunshine in the backseat. Then it felt as time had stopped. A grimy old pick-up truck ran a red light and slammed into the front passenger side of the car, missing the door but caused the car to spin out. Both Luke and his step mother were fine if a little sore. Luke’s door was jammed and Rachael’s was next to a metal pole. Sunshine was the most banged up, but thanks to her carrier being strapped down, she would be fine after a few days of rest.

Out of the truck a very ornery balding old man got out. Luke immediately recognized him as his old principal. He was one of the people that had ignored his pleas for help.

“Finally found you, you little fucker.” He was trying his damnedest to open the door to the sedan. “Get me fired! Ruin MY life! I’m going to give you what shit people like you deserve.” He went back to his truck to get a tire iron. He then shattered the window and tried to tear Luke out of the car.

“WEAVE DADDEH AWONE!” Sunshine had awoken to the shattering of glass and saw the man trying to hurt her daddeh.

“You have a pet shit rat? Well a shit rat for a shit person is a good a fit as any.” He turned his attention to the fluffy and shattered the glass to the backseat. Rachael had managed to get herself free and grabbed a taser from her purse, but it wouldn’t be fast enough. He snatched the trembling foals left front leg and began to twist, causing her to scream in pain.

“Leave her alone!” Luke desperately tried to get free. “She has nothing to do with this you cowa-”

“SCREEEEEE! NU TAKE WEGGIE!” Her pleas were in vain as the man ripped the leg free.

He started to laugh as both a fist from an angry passerby hit him in the face and a taser got shoved into his crotch. Police also showed up and the man was thoroughly screwed due to everything being on traffic cameras.

As soon as Luke got free he picked up and cradled Sunshine. Fortunately for her, fluffy blood clotting would save her from bleeding out. Unfortunately, she could never hug anyone ever again.

33 Likes

Nooo sunshine :sob: wait she lost only one leg right? Front leg?

So this is a younger luke from Luke story seems indeed a few bad luck was in him from his future self business with his friend

I guess by his adult life sunshine “move on” already :cry:

2 Likes

Front left by the sound of it…This early in a foals development she can grow to be used to it but will still be depressed cause hugs are like one of the few things that calm them down…

4 Likes

I like this . my only constructive crititism is that alot of events are happening at once, given more detail and chapters to breathe would help