Abandoned Angel Part 45 (FB ID: 18848) (by SpaghettiDave)

Abandoned Angel

Part 45: There Is No Try

Susan sat down across from Robert. Both were enjoying a laugh over Erin’s text.

-If you cheat on me with Susan, I’ll personally post Mary’s bail.-

His fluffies had finished dinner and were chattering about and trying their hardest to get attention from Susan and Robert, they had completely forgotten that baths were coming and soon. Susan had given Angel a quick run over. She recommended several specific brands of food to add to the pregnant Angel’s diet.

Susan sat Angel back on the floor, “you’ve got quite a family starting. Going to have room for all these fluffies?”

“Not at all.” Robert leaned back in the chair, “that’s kinda why I asked you over. Flame and Rose had their foal a few days ago and given the choice, I’d rather not keep her. I’ve no idea what I’ll do with the babies Angel is going to have. “

Susan gave Robin a distracted pet while Angel and Brave played the laziest game of tag that Robert had ever seen. Angel was big enough that running was not an option, she just waddled fast now. Susan picked up Robin and held the fluffy in her lap. “And you said that Flame and Rose still have one foal. Huh… If you wanted to know how many foals Angel will have you could bring her in. But you’ll know in a few weeks anyway.”

He nodded, “I’ll just wait. But the big question is: What do I do with all these foals?”

Susan shook her head, her fingers scratching under Robin’s chin. “That’s your call. If you keep them, get them fixed right away. If you don’t want to keep them, you have a few options. Give them away. Sell them if they have some nice coloration. Or, dump them off at a shelter.” Susan set Robin on the floor, “let’s go see your new fluffies.”

Robert led Susan to the garage, closing the door behind them. Flame didn’t run this time, but did cower behind Rose. Robert showed her to Runt first. Susan picked up the protesting fluffy, his rear legs dangling lifelessly in the air.

“Nyu mummah gif owies?” His eyes full of hope.

“No, little one, no owies.” Susan hug Runt to her, his front hooves feebly smacking at her chest. His protests weakened but did not abate. She set him back down on his bed while he grumbled about not getting ‘owies.’

The two humans sat on the blankets near Rose and Flame. Rose, oblivious as always, chattered on about good babies, her broken mind still unaware that she only had one left. Robert called Flame over for Susan to check him out. Susan was pleased with his condition and her interest turned to the black foal crawling through the green fluff.

“Flame, can I see your baby?” Susan asked sweetly. Flame looked between Robert and Susan and only moved once he saw Robert nod. Flame picked up the foal with his mouth and carried the foal towards Susan. He sat down and grabbed the chirping baby with his hooves and held her out to Susan.

The foal crawled around in her hands, black fluff with bright blue mane and tail. “Flame, your baby is so pretty. You and Rose are such good parents.” She handed the foal back to Flame and he quickly put the foal back into Rose’s fluff.

Robert and Susan continued their conversation in the kitchen. She was pleased with Flame and the foal. Rose would most likely never change. “What do you plan to do about Runt?”

Robert shook his head, “I really don’t know. If I get rid of him, it’s a death sentence.”

“And if you keep him you have two options. Do nothing, and he’ll remain a miserable ball of fur that demands pain. Or, you try to fix him. That’s the hard one. Lots of attention, lots of time. It won’t be easy. Hell, you could even do nothing and hope Mary gets out so she can have the three back.”

Robert shot her an incredulous look. “Really?”

She only shrugged. “They are, an no nice way about it, your problem. What are you going to do with the foal? She’s got beautiful colors and is young enough to train and raise into a very nice fluffy, especially away from Mary’s influence.”

“You want her?”

Susan was silent for a moment, pondering. “Sure. Why not? The three from the last litter turned into well behaved fluffies. Brave and Robin are sweet as can be. Runt would have turned out the same if she had given you him as well.”

Relief washed over Robert. If there was one person he could pick to take the foal, it would be Susan. “Guess you’ll have to come over more often until she is weaned. Then she is all yours.”

She smiled warmly, “thanks. I think she’ll be wonderful, and I could use the company.” The two talked a bit more and Susan left. One problem solved. As Robert prepared the kitchen sink for a very long evening of fluffy baths his phone beeped.

-Susan is taking the foal?! That’s great!-

-Yeah. She is gonna visit a few more times before taking her.- Robert responded. Then added on, -Tonight is fluffy bath night. Want to join the fun?-

-lolololol No thanks. I can bathe myself. :wink: Have fun!-

Robin, Brave and Angel had their baths first, before dealing with the garage fluffies. The house fluffies offered little resistance to the warm water and shampoo. Each received a treat for good behavior after getting dried off. Robert placed Runt on the counter next to the sink. Runt’s attention on the other three fluffies wandering the kitchen.

“Gif baff to dem, nu gif baff to Wunt.”

“They already had baths. Good fluffies get treats after a bath.” Robert filled up the sink with fresh water.

“Dey nu gud fwuffies. Dey ugwee fwuffies. Dat bwoo fwuffie dummeh and ugwee.”

Angel’s mouth hung open, “Angel nu dummeh! Angel pwetty!” Never had she been called ugly before.

Robert dropped Runt into the sink and grimaced at his unwanted addition that was terrible at making friends. Runt flailed about, “wawa bad fow fwuffy! NU WAN WAWA!” Robert didn’t respond, but his three fluffies had pained looks. They had suffered silently during their baths. Runt, loudly voiced his disapproval. Twice Robert had to drain the sink from Runt giving the water scary poopies.

Robert dried off Runt, who promptly sniffed at his clean fluff. “Fwuff smeww pwetty… nu wike pwetty smeww.” Robert chuckled, Runt wanted so badly to be angry and hate everything good. Robert returned Runt to the garage. He took a small box and placed Flame, Rose, and the foal into it. He carted the entire box into the kitchen. It was the closest the new family had been to Angel, Robin and Brave since their arrival.

Flame had to be strong for Rose, especially if he was forced to get a bath in front of her. He put on a brave a face as possible as Robert washed his red fluff. Rose, as usual, was oblivious, and kept humming her baby song to the foal. Angel and Robin kept circling the kitchen like a pair of sharks, dying for a chance to see the new baby, and the other two, maybe.

Robert dried off Flame and had the fluffy take the foal from Rose. “Rose, this bath is gonna make your baby love you even more, okay? It’s a special bath.”

“Buh… wawa bad fow fwuffy!” She rocked back and forth in fear.

“Rose, it’s okay. This isn’t water.”

“Ish nu wawa?” She looked confused as Robert set her in the sink. He turned on the faucet and ran the warm water over her fluff.

"Nope, it’s magic.”

“Majik make babbeh wub mummah mo!” She squealed in delight under the faucet. Robert was impressed, she was too stupid to drown.

<<Prev | >First< | Next>>

21 Likes

“She was too stupid to drown” is one of the better sentences I’ve read in the fandom

10 Likes

The magic of being stupid

1 Like