an mother, that asking for help. (LeoTheHugboxer)

i like to head canon fluffies being more cartoonish looking than real life animals i drawn this French bulldog with a mare, as a thought of that idea

58 Likes

French bulldogs, like fluffies, continue to remain extant only because us humans insist on keeping them around.

Seriously, French bulldogs can’t even give birth without human assistance. Have you ever seen feral French bulldogs before?

17 Likes

nEsvupNKhsk

9 Likes

It’s like playing Whac-A-Mole, isn’t it?

3 Likes

hello

1 Like

He’s trying to tell you that you have to put your name in the title.

1 Like

ohhhhh.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re not the first person to make that mistake. Damn near everyone does it when they’re new.

Just keep that in mind, because when Mr_Owl sees someone forget to put their name in the title, it’s like a shark smelling blood in the water, or a cat hearing the sound of a can opener, or Jason Voorhees hearing teenagers having sex.

Okay, I’m exaggerating a bit, but you get the point, right?

8 Likes

My phone’s autodial has memorized the fraze “don’t forget to put your name in the title” by heart. I just type in the first two words, and then it automatically suggests me to put in the rest

11 Likes

We thank you for your service. o7

2 Likes

the dog was like, I don’t know about you but I already bought my popcorn for the show.

You don’t see feral toy-sized dogs at all, for several obvious reasons.

Chihuahuas are the bad smarties of the dog world, for example. Those little abominations are easy pickings for wild predators.
Small Dog Syndrome is not a trait which promotes survival in the wild.

And brachycephalic breeds need constant maintenance to ensure their health. A poor little Pug, Frenchie, or Shih Tzu would never be able to survive in the wild with those breathing issues.
Not to mention, their legs are short and that along with their small size makes them easy prey as well, so even Retro Pugs and other healthier derivatives of brachycephalic breeds would fair poorly.

Honestly, the fact that extreme deformities are still purposefully bred for in many places is extremely inhumane. Hopefully Retro Pugs, Dollface Persians, and the like will catch on more so no more dogs and cats (and even some rabbits, too) have to be born with such extreme health issues purposely bred into them.
Same with getting rid of bent-back, frog-legged German Shepherds. The creator of that breed would be appalled if he saw what the AKC has done to it.

There are Retro Frenchies too, btw. Just look at how much healthier the dog on the right looks!

6 Likes

My point exactly. Even a more competent breed of dog would have a hard time going from sleeping in the house and being fed by humans three times a day to living in the wild and having to hunt for food, wouldn’t they?

A lot of people, especially city people, tend to have forgotten that nature is not very nice, and doesn’t play fair, and that there’s a damn good reason we built all of those cities in the first place. They think that all animals are basically just dogs in different costumes, or very sophisticated animatronics. They think that nature parks are just like Disneyland, because, hey, theme park, nature park, same thing, right? They think that food just magically materialises out of thin air in the back rooms of supermarkets.

And then you end up with people releasing their hamsters into the wild to live free and happy, and the hamsters get eaten about five seconds later.

Or they try to snap a photo of their kid with a bear cub, and they get mauled by an angry mother bear about five seconds later.

Or they drive past a herd of bison and pull over to pet the “fluffy cows”, and they get trampled on about five seconds later.

Those kinds of people have gotten too comfortable.

So I think it’s people like that who are drawn to the particularly small and yappy breeds of dog the most.

3 Likes

Yeah, people like that aren’t much smarter than fluffies. Which is concerning, since unlike the fictional little pighorsehamster biotoys we all love and hate, those kinds of idiot humans actually exist.

And speaking of idiots releasing pets, it’s not only inhumane for the pets, but can also be dangerous for the environment. Ever seen a full-grown goldfish?

This is both why it’s inhumane to keep them in tiny bowls and why it’s dangerous to release them into non-native environments. They’re hardy, naturally live up to at least 15 years, and outcompete native fish species.

6 Likes

Yep, and the shitty thing is that civilization is pretty much built to keep those idiots alive against all odds. Idiots are an unfortunate side effect of civilization. A byproduct, maybe.

Let’s face it, there’s only two alternatives.

One is tearing all of the safety nets down and letting natural selection sort it out, and I don’t want to live in a world like that. I wouldn’t live very long. By day five, my skull would be some big burly biker’s soup bowl. Do you like your odds?

The other is establishing a eugenics program, and you know what happens when someone opens that can of worms. Whoever is in charge of deciding who gets to reproduce effectively has the future of the human race in their hands, and who can be trusted with that kind of power?

So it’s either this or one of those, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Well, one thing that could be done to help a little is not killing innocent animals if some idiot human gets themselves killed by wandering into their territory.
If Mama Bear and her babies eat Cletus Dunderhead for fucking around with them, that’s his fault and they should be left alone.
And that whole “taste for human meat” justification people use is bullshit. Human meat isn’t some magical substance that automatically becomes a predator’s favorite food after one meal.

And also not wasting resources on stopping daredevils from dying due to doing stupid shit or on stopping suicide (which infringes upon the right to choose death that everyone should be entitled to anyway) would be nice too.

Basically what I’m saying is, instead of risking the dangers that adding new rules and regulations may bring, just get rid of the stupid ones and let people sort themselves out as long as they’re not endangering anyone else (human or non-human).
So a guy running into traffic to kill himself would be a no-no because it could cause an accident, but another guy jumping off a bridge is fine.
And if a drunk idiot jumps into a tiger enclosure at the zoo, that tiger should be left alone as the idiot forfeited his own life. Unless he has a weapon and is trying to harm the tiger, no one should interfere.

1 Like

Not really. Depending on what’s under the bridge, it could cause a lot of damage. Especially if it’s a road, and the jumper lands on someone’s windshield.

There’s also the fact that suicide is not exactly fun to watch for anyone who happens to witness it. Imagine being a kid, and having a nice field trip to the zoo ruined by a guy getting mauled by a tiger. That’s the kind of thing that the kid would need decades of therapy to get over. And they still wouldn’t be able to look at a box of Frosted Flakes without wincing.

I don’t think the zoo would just let you book an 11:30 AM suicide, and make sure that no kids are near the tiger enclosure at that time.

And don’t forget that the person committing suicide isn’t the one who has to clean the mess up afterwards.

Honestly, those suicide booths from Futurama might not be such a bad idea after all.

No, but if it’s over something like water or a ravine, it’s fine.

That would happen regardless. Thus, the best course of action is to either leave the tiger alone or shoot the idiot in the head. This is assuming there’s no possibility of an everyone wins situation where the tiger can be humanely tranquilized and the idiot removed from the premises.
If some kid who loved tigers saw one getting shot to death at the zoo, they’d be scarred way more than if they watched some drunkard becoming prey for one.

My zoo example has nothing to do with suicide; it’s about Darwin Award winners and the fact that non-human animals’ lives are more important than retarded humans’ lives.

Well if voluntary euthanasia were legal and freely available, then there wouldn’t be the problem of someone having to clean up a mess.

Not a bad idea at all, indeed.

1 Like

I think euthanasia is allowed here in the Netherlands under very specific circumstances.

Of course, we all know the real reason that society discourages suicide:

Dead bodies can’t pay taxes.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)