Are Fluffies Vegan?

Boring answer: No.

Fun answer: Yes, because it’s funny.

Alternate fun answer: Yes, because they have the ability to consent to being used and therefore cannot be exploited.

9 Likes

Another point of discussion. Is synthetic meat (i.e. lab-grown) vegan since it was never part of an animal? If so, does a bio-printed fluffy count as synthetic meat?

2 Likes

Give a crazy person any well-meaning cause and they will twist it into something horrible.

6 Likes

oh i know, a ton of vegans are big time hypocrites that ignore human suffering of underpaid third world workers who harvest their kinoa, i meant more in the ideal principle and less on the reality of it lmao

7 Likes

But, and hear me out here, aren’t fluffies stupider than plants in moronbox? Wouldn’t that make eating moronbox headcanon fluffies MORE vegan than eating plants?

5 Likes

if we go by stupidity and willingness to be eaten, the boopco munchkins from my headcanon would fit as vegan then, since they are made to not feel pain and see everything as a game (and cow munchkins even going as far as asking “can fwuffy be hambuwgew :D?”) lol

4 Likes

aw man i couldnt eat something with a face and consider it a plant or whatever.

2 Likes

If capybaras can be fish than fluffies can be vegan

2 Likes

I thought “now way is that real”

It’s fucking real what.

Fluffies are vegan because they are entirely synthetic. Just like how lab meat is vegan.
Furthermore, fluffies can consent so they don’t fall under the extremely loosely explained “exploitation” argument.

In reality though, vegans wouldn’t consider fluffies vegan for the same reason figs aren’t vegan and honey isn’t vegan. The rules are dumb and can’t survive scrutiny.

5 Likes

I’d say no as they still consist of animal protein and as such anyone with meat allergies would become very ill were they to eat them. :hmm:

Veganism was in the beginning just having a completely plant-based diet. Then came the fanatics and wrecked havoc. Just as some don’t take allergies seriously due to some diet craze excluding things the same goes for me who can’t properly digest animal produce. A single mistake or complete lack of care can cause harm and, for some unlucky sods, even death. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I think fluffies would eat whatever they’re teeth is strong enough to chew. From the various canon I understand a fluffies teeth aren’t sharp and they don’t have a strong jaw as they were designed to not harm a child should they decided to bite the child. With this line of thinking most veggies would be soft enough for a fluffy to eat as well as most pastas (skettis ). If it’s soft enough I think a fluffy would eat it regardless of what it is. If a mare needs “nummies fo to maek miwkies fo babbehs “ she will eat whatever she can.

The question is can fluffies be eaten under a vegan diet not if fluffies diet is vegan

1 Like

I think the question is asking whether a HUMAN vegan would be able to eat a fluffy and still call it vegan. For instance, lab grown tissue sold as meat would be vegan.

Probably not, considering they were engineered with DNA from a bunch of different animals.

I’m changing my vote

@NovaUmbra Did you know clams are Vegan?

1 Like

I did not before you mentioned it, but I can believe it…

@Elcucuyfeo now That is a clever answer to the question and makes me realize that a vegan fluffy would be interesting to write about OwO

Yes.

Because like many vegan products, fluffies are disgusting.

4 Likes

I was also confused at first.

I cast my vote as “it depends on the headcanon”

The cannibal fluffies probably aren’t and neither are seafluffies though there are plant fluffies that could be vegan certified