Ask FluffiesAreFood Vol 1 #20

ASK FLUFFIESAREFOOD

Volume 1 Number 20

Happy Hump Day, Fluffherders! It’s time for another edition of Ask FluffiesAreFood, the advice column that seeks to answer questions of fluffherders and fluffy eaters everywhere! If you have a question, just ask here!

We have a short column today, because I’m expecting guests over for dinner. I have a live fluffy that I’m preparing for the meal, and I need to play with her so that she’s happy when I cut her throat. It’s the little details that make for a good meal!

FluffyPuncher asks:

Dear FluffiesAreFood, what is a good recipe for fluffy meat loaf? Is grass fed fluffy best for this, or does kibble fed fluffy taste similar enough.

This is a great question on two levels, FP!

First, you ask whether the best fluffy for fluffloaf comes from grass-fed fluffies or kibble-fed fluffies. The answer is, grass-fed…but you can get grasses in kibble form! In fact, most kibble is compressed and formed alfalfa. Occasionally kibble manufacturers will combine it with other flavors, such as tomatoes and spices (“sketti flavored”), for pets; but for fluffherds just trying to raise meat animals, regular old alfalfa kibble will do.

Now, let’s get to the recipe!

FLUFFLOAF

INGREDIENTS

1 pound ground fluffy meat (distressed or undistressed) - leg meat works fine for this, but some prefer to use fluffy steak.
1 pound uncased foal sausage (maple, tears, or spicy flavors all work)
1 egg
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 sweet onion, minced
1/2 cup cheap dry red wine
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoning salt

Topping:
1/4 cup ketchup
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon rosemary

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350

In a large bowl, combine ground fluffy, foal sausage, egg, crumbs, onion, wine, garlic powder and seasoned salt.

Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated.

Lightly spray a glass baking dish with cooking oil.

Move meat mixture to baking dish, and press to the sides.

Mix topping ingredients and spread over the top.

Transfer to oven, and bake for 1.25 hours.

Let stand for 5-10 minutes.

This makes 8 servings. Side dish suggestions: broccoli or brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes.

Bon appetit!

Ask FluffiesAreFood is a service of the Fluffherders’ Association of America. If you have a question about raising, slaughtering, or eating of fluffies, you may comment here.

8 Likes

Dear FluffiesAreFood are fluffy bones suitable for making gelatine?
If so, how does it compare to gelatine made from other livestock for making other desserts?

Also, have you ever made Aspic with fluffy before? If so how did it turn out?

4 Likes

Dear FluffiesAreFood, is it possible to over-distress a fluffy to the point where the meat is near inedible? I imagine at some point it goes from savory to just plain nasty.

3 Likes