Bad Mummah, Page 1 (DarrolLayman)

My first ever fluffy based comic.

To explain the helper fluffies, the green one with the horns is a Fluffalo by the name of Hank. The white and brown fluffy is Bernard, named after the St Bernard, the namesake of his color pattern. They are trained to watch the daycare and babysit the fluffies while the owners are away. In the event there is any trouble, they blow the whistles they wear around their next and rush in to solve the problem, all while buying time for human attendants to respond. Most have grown to do their job just because it’s the right thing to do, but some still do it in hopes of gaining a reward. Also, in my headcanon, foals don’t open their eyes and their ears don’t articulate until they’re at least 2 weeks old, 3 in some runt cases.

Bear in mind I’m still kinda finding my voice as far as fluffies are concerned, so if the fluffies’ art style changes from one panel to another, just bear with it. Rome wasn’t built in a day. As usual, constructive criticism is always welcome, so please don’t be that guy. Lemme know what you think.

Next

62 Likes

Love it also your fluffies look great

1 Like

I appreciate it. Humans are my stronger suit, so this was my first hesitant step towards something different. I’m actually pleased with how it turned out and I’m glad people actually think it’s alright.

Also, does the guy in the ACU jacket look familiar?

1 Like

They are so cute

Why, thank you kindly. For my first time drawing fluffies, I’m actually glad you like how it turned out.

1 Like

Oh yeah i noticed that from your first drawing, dope

Yup, got himself a new job and got himself cleaned up. A happy ending for a proud veteran.

2 Likes

what’s that Bernard? Make her into a milkbag? Not a bad idea.

1 Like

This might just be a personal prefference, but I tend to get taken out of the story a somewhat when fluffies are too articulate, or talk too much like humans. What you have here though is really good and I hope to see more

That is perfectly fair. Everyone has their own preferences. To each their own. I really appreciate the feedback, though.

1 Like

Bewnawd agwee, bu’ wha abou’ babbehs?

I like em thought they looked pretty consistent. I think the lack of emphasis on consistency is what I like about drawing fluffies.

Very good comic, and wonderful characters.

Nicely done! Looking forward to seeing the next part :slight_smile:

interesting concept but the lack of text bubbles and the different colored fonts kind of make it hard to read/follow. i hope to see more of maybelle doing what she does best (being a poor parent)

and to kinda echo what said, more intelligent/articulate fluffies kinda take away from their vulnerability in my opinion

Yeah, i can explain that one. I borrowed a page from Carpdime and ArisenLeaf, using color coded fonts to indicate who’s taking and trying to put the text in close proximity to the speaker.

As for Maybelle, she’ll get hers, don’t you worry.

istockphoto-157687095-612x612
Equally heroic

ohhhh this looks aaaawwwsooome so far! cant wait to see more!

1 Like

Funnily enough, the St Bernard was actually what I based Bernard off of. When he’s not the first one on the scene, he’s a big old softie.

He gives off that energy petfectly! I love him