Barren Glory Part 1 by Karn

This wasn’t the kind of life that Glory was supposed to have. Unlike most fluffies, she had an actual pedigree, going back eight generations, with her progenitors being from a wealthy couple from Augusta, Maine. Each of the female line of her family tree had been used for breeding, with their reputation for rare colors, ease of rearing, and wonderful temperament.

Glory’s life should have been one of luxury and ease, but there is no genealogy for fate. Her first six months were the height of fluffy live, a wonderful and spacious saferoom, a huge flatscreen that was wall mounted and voice activated, and the food! Only fresh, wet food from a can and of course, spaghetti every Wednesday and Sunday.

Tragedy struck at six months old, the proper breeding age for a fluffy mare. The only female amongst her siblings, Glory had a stallion of near matching exellence and pedigree chosen for her as a breeding friend, with the concept of permanent special friends weaned out of her lineages’ mind five generations ago.

All had been set up and a great deal of money had exchanged hands. But when the moment was over and done with, Glory hadn’t been impregnated. She hadn’t gotten the strange tummy sensation that a new mamma could feel instantly after copulation. It was a first for the Newmeyers, the wealthy family which owned her and her family.

Her mother, Queen Agatha, had birthed three healthy litters, with no off colors and even some exotic patterning, which explained Glory’s black coat with dark violet stripes that crossed over from her flank to her wings. And while her sisters from the previous litters had been sold off to other families for a significant profit, the burden of continuing the cycle of her family line now fell on Glory’s shoulders.

A brief trip to the Veterinarian sealed her fate. Barren. Glory had never heard that word before but it had made her human mamma angry, far angrier than she had ever seen her. On the trip home, Glory heard her screaming and yelling into her little talk box, saying mean things about her. No one had ever said something mean to Glory, with the pegasus crying for the first she could remember.

When she was finally home, Glory’s hopes for some kind of consolation were quickly dashed. Her human mamma had the man who worked for her take Glory to a room she had never seen before, one at the bottom of a long set of stairs, where it was dark and cold. Glory had cried and begged for the man to take her to her saferoom, but he ignored her, instead placing her on the cold ground in the scary dark place.

Having cried herself to sleep, Glory woke up, realizing that all the terrible things that had happened weren’t a nightmare as she had hoped. Raising from the ground, the pegasus winced as her hooves touched the ground, the hard and cold stone far too rough for her to walk on. After trying to find some way to walk comfortably, Glory finally gave up, laying on her side as she began to sob loudly. This wasn’t supposed to be her life.

Glory didn’t know how many forevers she was trapped down there. She hadn’t eaten in a long time and her mouth was dry from screaming and lack of water to quench her thirst. Finally, she heard footsteps making their way down the stairs, her tail wagging as she tried to raise her head, her body weak and emaciated.

“*huuu…huuu…huuu…P’we…p’wease hewp Gwowy…su mani huwties…*huuu…huuu…huuu…su hungwy an’ nee’ wawa…*huuu…huuu…huuu…”

Glory couldn’t see who it was and never did as suddenly, something was forced over her face, causing her to scream and struggle as she was lifted up by her scruff. “No need to be gentle Reginald, not where she’s going…” It was Glory’s human mamma! But what was she saying? Glory tried to talk to her, to beg her to explain what has happening, to ask her for hugs and love, but the thick hood over her face muffled her words as she was carried roughly for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Glory screamed as she was thrown, her back hitting a rough surface. She tried to stand up as she tore at the hood with her hooves, unable to unbind her face. A loud and scary noise revealed that she was in a car, with the sudden movement causing her to lose her footing as she tumbled and fell, hitting the walls of the trunk.

This is a short beginning to a larger overarching story based on a story request/idea. Story Idea/Request

Wanted to get the first bit out after I finished up the most recent Chapter of Fourth of July. Enjoy :heart:

37 Likes

Sigh. A well-trained, non-bratty fluffy whose only fault is that she can’t get pregnant, and the author goes straight for the physical abuse. A more sadbox approach would be something like her living with one or more other mares who have foals and see the life that will never be hers. Maybe she could live with sisters of hers who tease her for being “a babbeh-wess dummeh mawe” instead of what seems to be coming in this story.

The owner could sell her and maybe recoup some of her expenses. This is just stupid.

2 Likes

To her owners, she isn’t a pet
she’s a license to print money, nothing else
and now they’ve discovered that she cannot do the one thing she exists for(to them at least) she serves no purpose
Sorry it’s not your cup of tea :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I love this - it’s a great new angle! I can’t wait to see where this goes!!

3 Likes

Fuzz - You don’t have to be a jackass about it. I thought it was good.

2 Likes

Glad you like it so far
saw an older request post and I liked the concept

1 Like

I’m loving it @Karn. Thanks for picking it up!

2 Likes

no problem
part 3 will be longer i swear lol

2 Likes

Gotta love rich assholes doing what they do best by being rich assholes!

3 Likes

right? bunch of assholes…

2 Likes

Fuck, dehumanization of infertile women is common in real life. Obviously there’s third world hell holes, but even in polite first world liberal society its just kind of a socially-acceptable way to other someone.

Being barren is the backstory for many female villains and insane female characters, the Marvel Cinematic Universe treats it as worse torment than being a child soldier, and its more taboo to portray in a positive light than spinsterhood and homosexuality.

4 Likes

Sad start poor Glory :cry:

Thats the problem with breeding due to name and class they hold they would at lease consider their treatment then again money talks here and the owner loose big

They should have checked her before the deal isnt it? If they where suppose class breeders unless the problem will only appear on its first mounting?

Barren mares can’t produce milk right or only by hormone drugs to make milk?

2 Likes

They always been that when money talks of gaining and loosing their mind is gone to the gutter without thinking its creature’s gen gave them.

1 Like

I use the idea that the moment of conception, a fluffy mare knows that they’re pregnant.

As for checking her before, It simply hadn’t happened before, and they didn’t even know it could happen.

I don’t think a barren mare can produce milk. It triggers during pregnancy. Hormones would allow it to produce though.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be fertile or pregnant for it. It can trigger in cows before they are sexually mature even.

The body will react to stimulation with it.

Usually infertility has to do with the reproductive organ itself. Not the rest of the body.

3 Likes

Aware of the third part but was unclear on the rest. assumed that viable lactation was a process that was kicked off by pregnancy, hence the inaccurate correlation. thank you for clarifying. :heart:

2 Likes

If you want to do more research, non-pregnant lactation is called galactorrhea.

It can happen to men too, but no actual milk is produced because a single hormone is lacking. By supplementing that hormone men will lactate as well. But without it men still get painful swelling of tissue trying to become milky breasts.

All it really takes is a lot of nipple sucking/pumping and gland massaging.

Most animals with udders will suck on their own and each other’s, so its not unusual to see.

2 Likes

see now I feel dumb lol
I’ve heard of the term in an episode of House
the one where a woman’s breast cancer has shifted and the growth is lactating

2 Likes

It can happen to babies, including male ones. They’re getting the hormone via their mother.

Summary

2 Likes

This is what I hate about these rats, when they become luxury toys.