Barren Glory Part 2 by Karn

Terrified for her life, Glory desperately tried to call out for help, her anquished pleading muffled by the black hood that was tightened around her face. In a panic, she started to blindly gallop around her confines, bumping and slamming into the walls of the trunk. It hurt and was seemingly to no avail, but the noise she was making caused whoever was driving the car to yell angrily, his words difficult to make out over the loud engine and through the frame of the trunk.

However, this momentary distraction caused the driver to swerve, with the entire car suddenly careening off the road and into the woods, a sudden impact with a tree sending Glory flying roughly against the trunk wall one last time, knocking the wind out of her. As she rose to her feet, she could feel a gentle breeze on her mane and could smell grass. Trying to ignore the terrible pain she was in, she crawled to where the wind was coming from and found that the trunk had been knocked open, with the car now on it’s side. Still blind, Glory ventured slowly and carefully out of the car and into the woods.

After the initial shock of the crash wore off, Glory realized how cold and hungry she was. And unlike the fluffy parks her mother’s attendant would take her to, the ground was far too harsh for her hooves. Eventually, the reality of her situation dawned on her, she would probably never make it back home, never see her saferoom again. Her thoughts drifted to her human mother, screaming at her since the Veterinarian’s office. Glory didn’t know what she had done to anger her so much, but she wished she could apologize and just go home. Collapsing from hunger and her own despair, Glory began to quietly sob as the sun went down.

Her dreams a fevered mixture of her old home and the attack that had taken her from it, Glory shook violently within her sleep, finally being stirred by voices nearby.

“Wat am fwuffy hab on head?”

“Nu kno? Am fwuffy otay?”

“Hewwo…hewwo nyu fwend…yu otay?”

“See if fwuffy can wawkies. If nu, den weave fwuffy…”

Glory started to scream, flailing on the ground as she was grimly reminded of the hood around her face, the blindness terrifying her. Suddenly, she felt movement, as though the voices she had heard were surrounding her, in a desperate panic, she flailed her hooves, yelling and screaming as she did.

“Nu huwties Gwowy! Nu wan nu mowe huwties!”

As she struggled, she felt the other fluffies trying to hold her down as one tried to get behind her, their teeth digging into the nape of her neck. Bucking wildly, Glory tried desperately to free herself.

“Nu gib sowwy hoofies nyu fwend!”

"…*SCREEEEEEE!!! Meanie fwuffy gib owwies…nu wike… "

“NU MOWE! STAHP NAO! WASCAWW FWEE SEE-PWACES!”

The hood slipping off of her head, Glory could see several fluffies all around her. Letting go of her and now backing up slowly was a green stallion with a blue mane. He had small patches of blackened fluff all over his body and was filthy.

“Fwuffies nu wan huwties nyu fwend…”

Turning slightly, she saw a pink unicorn, a mare like her. Her mane was a light purple and like the green stallion, her fur was matted with dirt and grime. She was rubbing her jaw which was swollen.

““Fwuffy hab huwties…nu wike.””

A healthy distance away she saw a blue pegasus. Glory gasped and had to wince as she looked away. He was missing one of his wings, with a terrible scar that went from his haunches to his neck. His mane was jet black, and like the others, he could do with a bath.

“Fwuffy…fwuffy nicies?”

Realizing that she still felt someone behind her, Glory turned to see a large red stallion with an orange mane. He was easily double the size of the other fluffies and looked quite ferocious.

“Fwuffy nu gib Wascaww’s fwends huwties…ow ewse…”

The exhaustion, the hunger, and now seeing all of these strange and wild fluffies was too much for Glory, as the pegasus’ eyes fluttered and rolled as the world went black.

Apologies for the short nature of these. I think I’m going to write these like this while I work on other projects. Enjoy :heart:

30 Likes

Ok. This is looking better now.

1 Like

Hmmm hope this new ferals would have a good new begining.

Love her panic causing the car to sweer and have an accident. My guess the man is her owners butler or assitant?

2 Likes

Heavily implied that it was Reginald

3 Likes

I like the colored text for each fluffy. Makes it easy to read and know who’s talking. Poor Glory though, stumbling around with a hood on in the middle of the woods. It’s a wonder she was even found by other fluffies.

1 Like

Karn

Barren Glory

God I can’t tell if this is a coincidence and I’ve just been too deep in mtg recently or if it’s intentional.
… Err, anyway great story so far!

1 Like

Intentional :heart:

1 Like