Battle Fluffies Brochure, by FosterFluffy89

Years after admiting to the public that the creation of fluffies wasn’t 100% scientific and indeed required some dangerous magical experimentation (and not finding much backlash aside from a few religious groups), Hasbio has fully branched out into this aspect of industrial chimera-making. With that, the now extremely popular Battle Ponies are here to stay.

While their DNA is infused with strong protection spells that make destroying them, through conventional means, nearly impossible, they are unable to reproduce sexually. Each one of them being individually brough to life in Hexbro’s Other Realm™. Additionally, their attacks and spells are 90% purely cosmetic illusion magic and 10% very light elemental magic or low level kinetic energy. So the entire gameplay revolving them is almost entirely numerical, with their HPs and stats being visible through the wearable Stats Visor (sold separately). Do not bring a fire casting Battle Fluffy to your camping trip instead of a lighter if you expect to build a fire, they’ll barely warm up the twigs and dry leaves.

Being basically harmless to both kids and other pets, it is safe to let them play with common pet fluffies, but research has pointed out that nearly 40% them find Battle Ponies to be scary abominations. So it’s advised to carefully test the waters with your common household fluffy before introducing them to a new “Battwe Fwend”.

57 Likes

That’s so cool

1 Like

It’s like pokemon but more expensive but at least it’s less likely to magically damage one’s soul

4 Likes

Ha ha haa you are such a boss, FF. This is super stuff!

These are tricky, tricky angles to do dynamic poses and high levels of render in. Impressive work ^^

3 Likes

I’ve not been big into Battle Fluffies, but, I really love this! I do like the idea of exploring Fluffies like Pokemon, especially with the influence of both magic and/or genetic engineering. And I could see Hasbro (assuming it had both Hasbio and Hexbro) releasing a line like this.

I could imagine a series of stories of these not-Pokemon, save that they speak in fluffspeak as opposed to one-word language of the Pokemon.

3 Likes

This is awesome, and I want to see more!

1 Like

First thought was “zap to the extreme”, except this is a lot better drawn.

1 Like

How creative! I like how you kept their powers in a realm of safety,so parents and children can be happy. Very imaginative,I like this a lot!
It really does look like an ad!

3 Likes

HELL YEAH! this is going in my headcannon

1 Like

Oh, we will get to Fluffychu and Rosefluff, don’t you worry about that!

1 Like

Here to compliment the art

Sees above comment

1 Like

I would also suggest adding edgy kids who grew out of battle fluffs and now use their gaol broken battle fluffs as sacrifices to summon demons to do battle
kind of like the transition a lot of kids went from Pokemon to Yu-Gi-Oh

Summary

RIP Kazuki Takahashi

1 Like

That man was a hero.

You beat me to it

1 Like

Tried to think of a hugbox way of doing it. With some nefarious and suspicious implications, of course. But I’d rather have fluffies fight in a way that is gamefied and doesn’t get anyone hurt.

But… maybe there’s no way they will never accidentally create one with actual powers.

2 Likes

It’s a super cute hug variant on Battlefluffs. I wholeheartedly approve.

3 Likes

I bet finding flaws in the safety measures for them could make for interesting storytelling, though. Accidental super powered fluffies that actually CAN hurt humans and/or have behavioral problems like a never before seen, magic enhanced, super smarty syndrome, demanding that regular fluffies worship them as gods… I’m just not the right dude to do that, haha. Pokemon or Medabots level adventures, with mostly low stakes, is enough for me. Magic pet sthat can shoot fire balls, ice darts or lighting bolts, even if that’s 90% holographic, is enough of an initial premise.

2 Likes

My assumption is that the rare Battlefluffs that could somehow harm a person are kept in specialized arenas when they fight.

1 Like

Disgraced comic artist glitchedpuppet had a thing similar to this in their webcomic (I read it before their whole misconduct with minors issue came out); one of the magical creature species has the ability to perform ridiculously dramatic feats of battle like flying into the air and smashing opponents down hard enough to shatter concrete, but also has a forcefield which neutralises any physical damage from it during competitive or argumentative fights.

If that can be regulated, then yes, hopefully.
But it is true that a lot of the common plot points in fluffy history have to do with corporate hubris. The industrial and commercial use of magic sure is potential pandora’s box for trouble.