Bella’s Vacation - Chapter 4 New Friend (By: EzPete)

Over the past few days, Martha had figured out just how clever Bella was. She may have been old, but she wasn’t an old fart. She looked on the internet all about fluffy rearing and found out all about smarties, bitch mares, and other behavioral issues. In all honesty, it reminded her of raising Cindy. Cindy had been a troubled child and she felt as if her strict parenting may have caused her to have the problems she had. A pang of guilt spread across her chest.

There was no helping it now. Cindy was in and out of rehab for a while before finally relapsing and Dan giving up and filing for divorce. He won full custody. While he would let Cindy visit for birthdays and holidays, her time with her daughter was next to none. Martha had completely disowned her daughter and made sure Cindy wasn’t invited for Christmas on the farm.

Secretly she wondered if that was half the reason for Cindy springing a fluffy on Marie last year, the care of the newborn filly and her own disgust for the biotoys resulted in Dan keeping Marie home for Christmas and that let Cindy spend the holiday with her daughter, lavishing her with a mountain of cheap toys and fluffy accessories for Bella. Cindy did love her daughter, but she would never give up her habit for her.

But Bella was different than Cindy, she was a certified psychopath. Martha played nice the way she did with her granddaughter and all that did was make the shitpig think it could get away with anything, including apparently infanticide. Well, at least one fluffy was dying today.

Bella softly cried under her arm but did not fight for fear of her ‘bestest’ falling a whole four feet to its death. She set him there for a twofold purpose, one to control Bella and two to free up her left arm. “Now then, I said you were getting a reward and I meant it. You got a wingy baby here and he’s gonna get to meet some more wingy babies.” The crying stopped “weawwy?” Bella asked with hope in her tone. “Really!” Martha called back excitedly. Under her breath she mumbled “you fuckin psychopath…”

“nyu fwend?” A quieter voice chirped. Bella felt tears of joy well up in her eyes, her bestest had just spoken his first words “YES BEBBEH NYU FWENDS!” she waved her hooves happily in a little dancing motion. “Wuh gwanmummuh hab in stwange bowl?” Bella now distracted enough to pay attention to the bucket of cornmeal Martha was carrying in her left hand. Martha chuckled, “these are nummies for the wingy babies.”

“Bestest babbeh make fiwst wowdies an habe fiwst hawd nummies! Bewwa suu happeh!” Martha chuckled slyly; her happiness would not last. Eventually they reached a wire fence and Martha carefully lifted the bucket over it before using her now free hand to open the gate for herself and her two passengers.

She set Bella down and began to scatter the corn meal across the yard. Bella carefully removed the lime foal from her back. Bella smelled at the nummies and tried to lick up a few before deciding they were too crunchy and spitting them back out. “Siwwy Gwandmummuh, why nu put nummies in bowl fow wingy babbehs?” Martha smiled down at Bella, “Oh, you’ll see.”

As she walked towards the coop. She lifted a small wooden hatch and a stream of yellow chicks swarmed out of the coop and into the pen. Around fifty of them swarmed out. The chirping was intense as they sprinted across the yard looking for bits of corn to scarf down.

The Green colt giggled with joy, he didn’t understand what was going on. These weren’t fluffies but they did have wingies and were the same size as him. “NYU FWENS! NYU FWENS!” he giggled as he ran between the chicks. Bella tried to cover her ears at the sound of the cheeping but eventually realized she couldn’t stop the noise and smiled as her bestest got to play with these strange wingy chirpie babies. She even stopped watching Gwandmummuh and forgot all about the poopie baby. In this moment it was just Bella and her bestest baby getting to have all the fun and playtime he deserved.

Then Martha opened the larger door, it was necessary to separate the chickens initially during feeding since the hens would eat all the food before the chicks otherwise. She knew how vicious they were and had seen from time to time them eat field mice and chicks that had been trampled to death.

The pegasus heard a loud knocking sound like when the two weggie mummuh would open the wall boxies in their safe room. Then all the wingie babies started to run away. He was so confused and sat down to collect his thoughts. “Wewe go nyu fwens? Wewe go!?” A shadow fell over him and he felt even more confused. He looked up above him and saw a big wingie babbeh looking down at him. At least he thought it was, a wingie not yellow not-babeh? “…nyo fwen?”

Bu-gawk The chicken pecked at the fluffy’s face. Striking him in the eye and partially blinding him immediately. ”SCREEEEEEE NYUU FWENS NUU” More hens took note at the sound of the screeching foal and began to rush in and peck at their fresh meat. After the first one had struck, the lime foal had instinctively moved his hooves to cover his face. “NYU FWEN! NYU FWEN!” he screamed over and over; his limited vocabulary made it impossible to call for help.

Bella heard the scree of pain from her foal immediately from within the sea of feathers. “Bebbeh? Bebbeh!?” she asked first with concern then with panic in her voice. “Where bebbeh, am bestes otay?” she began to run towards the sound of her foal but was stopped with the heel of a boot pushing down on her neck. Martha leered down at Bella, “Uh oh, looks like bestest was being a nummie thief.”

“NYU FWEN!” PECK “NYU FWEN!” PECK “NYU FWEN!” PECK “NYU FWEN!” he felt tearing at his joints as he was lifted and tossed about. “NYU FWEN!” A sharp pain ran down his spine as his tail was ripped off. Wowstest huwties he wanted to cry but he didn’t know how to speak it. “NYU FWEEEN!” The smell of blood set the wingy not fluffies off. They all began to pull and tug at him.

His hooves were stretched in every direction. “NYU FWEN!” He kept his one good eye shut, half in fear half in hopes that this was a bad night sleepie picture. Wingies pwease save babbeh he thought to himself. He folded them open to begin flapping and then he felt weightless as a gust of wind overtook him. He let out, this time weakly, “Nyu Fwen!”

He was not flying, out of pure luck, one peck managed to strike him at the base of his skull and paralyze him from the neck down. This saved him from the pain of what came next. His wings as they had unfurled were ripped off immediately. Martha laughed to herself, a horse was the one being drawn and quartered. Well not actually a horse but it still felt ironic.

Three of his hooves had been ripped off and the incessant pecking had disemboweled him leading his tummeh sgetti to be strewn about and pecked at immediately. The gust of wind he felt was the flapping of the hens as they began to fight over the entrails. Whether through shock or damage from hens pecking at the tattered flaps of skin that were his ears, he no longer heard the chirping of his new wingy friends.

Martha was so taken in by the sight that she forgot about Bella for a moment. That was all it took for her to wriggle out from under her boot and sprint towards her bestes babbeh. As she charged, the chickens all scattered. Martha ran after Bella, she knew the chickens would swarm her next if they got the chance, but they did fear her.

The Green Bestes tasted booboo juice in his mouth. It had a strange taste, and he didn’t recognize it. He faintly heard his mummuh distant and muffled calling for him. “bestes babbeh” She cried getting louder and louder. He felt brave enough to open his one eye. “nyu fwen?” He weakly let escape. He couldn’t hear his mummeh crying but could see her sobbing and didn’t know why. Bestes had flown away to escape the big chirpy munstahs.

He mustered all his energy looking up at his crying mother “mummuh…” He didn’t know why he couldn’t move his weggies or neck now. Flying must be really tiring, he thought to himself. Bella looked down at the pile of fluff and gore that was now here bestes “mummuh…” she heard him exhale. “Yes babbeh!?” She got down next to his face, holding back tears as she listened to his last words.

“… mummuh…nuu…” the pegasus rasped in a deep gulp of air as his ruptured lungs began to pool with blood. “nuu…cry” with that, he let out a long exhale and closed his eye. He wanted to make her happy, he wanted to stop her tears and say ‘bestes wubs mummeh’ but he couldn’t find the energy to do so, he had never said those words before, so it was extra hard. Weird tasting wawas began to pool in his mouth and it made it even harder to make talkies. He knew he could try after a nice nap with mummah. He thought about how much he would fly and talk for his bestes mummah after he got some sleep.

← Chapter 3 - First - Chapter 5 →

24 Likes

You are posting this fast Dayum!

I already wrote the whole story. I know people hate long hiatuses between installments and I figured I would be less inclined to get writers block and abandon the project if I finished it before posting each chapter.

3 Likes

I have a question to ask you above writing…may i DM you about it? Sorry if its a weird thibg to ask

No problem. I have no issues with DMs and am happy to give and receive feedback.

1 Like

Chickens are the real bird to fear. Geese got nothing, geese are coke addicts with pool noodles. Chickens are karens with switch blades.

3 Likes

I dunno man, you ever been around canadian geese? Those are the Emus of the north.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, they’re all over the park in my hometown in summer. When your 6’4 You tend to not give a shit about how something acts towards you if it’s only comes to your knee

I feel ya on that one mate, just bad memories as a kid fucking around with a nerf gun.

1 Like

That final sentence was so well done. Really loving the storytelling

2 Likes

This is super good, I just don’t empathize with grandma as much as I’d like to. She’s running through these innocent foals-as-examples right quick, without reflecting that her granddaughter will probably be horrified once the bitchy mare squeals.

1 Like

Oh but also the foal figuring out only one fluffy term to say and only being able to say it for a while? Even when in horrible pain? That’s :pinched_fingers:

3 Likes