Bella’s Vacation - Chapter 7 New Names (By: EzPete)

“Go find Bella, I’ll get the foals ready.” Martha’s voice could barely be heard from upstairs. Bella had found her way up to mummah’s room after a laborious climb up the stairs and curled up immediately on her favorite blanket that smelled like Mummah’s special flower perfume (febreze). She was about to doze off when Marie came barging in, “Silly Bella! You’re gunna miss da spagettis again!” Bella awoke both from the door slamming open and the mention of sgettis.

She jumped up and immediately make uppie leggies for mummuh to pick her up. “oof” Marie grunted “you got fat!” struggling to lift her. Her words cut deep and Bella felt a knife twist in her heart. “Sowwy mummeh, bewwa nuu gu on wawkies wid gwanmummah.” Bella knew walkies kept fluffies from getting fat, but she didn’t know why. Martha secretly planned this, restricting the mare to the boring kitchen where she did nothing but lay on her towel, and feeding her carbs and supplements constantly to make sure she produced milk. Now her granddaughter’s spoiled fluffy was a lazy bag or lard.

Bella waddled to the door and slowly down the staircase. When she got to the dining table, Marie struggled to lift her bag of lard up to the tabletop. There, she saw gwandmummah and her foals already sitting at the table. Each foal had its own table setting. It was just like the tea parties mummah loved to have with Bella.

As she settled into her place. The smell wafted over her, SGETTIS. Bella was so excited that she forgot all the suffering she had been forced to endure and broke into a mummeh song “Mummahs babbehs am gud babbehs, gets tu nummie wots of sketties!”

In front of them all were little paper bowls that were upside down. Marie went around the table picking each bowl to reveal the plates of sgettis underneath: first was grandmummah, then the poopie babbeh. Bella scowled at this, how dare mummah give sgetties to the poopie baby before her good bebbehs. Then the good mummah colored babbehs got their sgettis. Then finally Bella. The foals waited patiently for Marie to lift all the bowls grandmummah had given them special instructions to wait while Marie got Bella. Bella thought it was weird that her babies didn’t eat their sgettis but didn’t let that stop her from lunging for her plate as soon as Marie lifted the bowl on her plate.

Marie lifted her bowl last and sat down. Bella didn’t pay attention as she hungrily scarfed down her plate. Then her poopie babbeh started speaking “Deaw gawd, dank yuu fow nummie sgetties and pwetty mummuhs, an… an bestest famiwy. Amen.” The colt didn’t know what these words meant but grandmummah told him they were a magic spell that made nummies taste better.

This was also planned by Martha, of course the fat fluffy sitting across the table from her hadn’t enforced this on the fluffy as it had eaten separately from them before Marie went to stay with her best friend, but Marie knew that at grandma’s house they always said grace before eating. The result was that Bella looked like a rude slob. As she took her last bites of sgetti, her mummeh and foals were taking their first bites. They also ate gently as Grandmummah had be instructing them with wet food the whole week leading up to this meal and didn’t have a drop of sgetti sauce in their fluff.

Bella waited impatiently as her foals ate. Unbeknownst to her, she also received a foal sized portion. As a result, her stomach growled as she stared longingly at her foals’ plates. She shifted uneasily between her front legs as she stared at the many plates of sgetti in front of her. Her poopie babbeh noticed this first and said “hungwy mummuh need good sgettis to make gud miwkies foh sistahs. Mummah can hab fwuffy’s sgettis.” This was not planned by Martha but she wouldn’t look a gift fluff in the mouth.

Bella almost immediately began to walk across the table, dragging her belly fluff across her plate and getting it greasy. Martha stood up and looked right at Bella. She cowered her head and backed away from her poopie’s plate. Bella knew she did something wrong from that burning glare but she didn’t know what she did wrong. She hadn’t broken any of gwandmummah’s rules. “That was very nice of you, but Bella can wait until everyone is ready for seconds.”

Eventually the tiny foals cleared their plates Gwandmummah helped mummah scoop more sgettis out for all of the fluffies. She made sure Bella’s plate was refilled last.

As they all got their fill, the fillies began to look distended and pot bellied. They had smaller frames then the colt at this stage of development. “Why don’t you show mommy all the tricks you learned?” Martha asked the foals around the table. Marie squealed with excitement, locking her eyes on the brown foal. He looked back at his new mummeh and then around the table at his mummeh and gwandmummeh, each made different expressions at him. He knew gwandmummah work hard to teach him nyu twikkies but his mummah looked angry. He couldn’t tell why, then he saw his sisters across the table from him and realized that must be why his mummah is upset. His sisters aren’t getting any attention from their nyu mummeh. “Umm, he gulped, wingy sistew am bestes dancey babbeh!”

Bella smiled at that and started clapping her hooves as she looked over at her good babies. “Yes, fiwwies am such gud bebbehs! Jus wike mummeh!” With the spotlight on her, the pegasus nervously stood up from being splayed across the table. With significant effort she forced herself onto her rear two legs, the extra few ounces of spaghetti on her stomach making it hard for her to keep balance. She made an effort shake her hooves and hum a little song as she did her best dancie babbeh routine but then she lifted her leg in a kick and fell backwards. She was exhausted, full, and didn’t try to roll back over. Marie giggled at the silly foal.

“What about the other fillies?” She asked. The unicorn stood up next, walking towards the center of the table. “Pwepawe tu be amazed!” She puffed up her cheeks and looked constipated for a few seconds. Marie looked in excitement, she heard of glowie unicorns but never saw one before. The unicorn held the expression for a few more seconds before letting out a single high pitched fart before backing away in embarassment. Marie giggled and said “At least you have Spirit!”

Finally they looked at the earthy filly, the perfect copy of Bella. Bella looked at her miniature facsimile yes bestest filly show mummah bestest twikies wike counties and singies she thought to herself. Mummah would be so impressed by how smart her bestes was that she wouldn’t even want to see the poopie’s dumb walking. The filly laid on its side with eyes closed and let out a burp. It had too many carbs and was already slipping into a post meal nap, it was completely unaware they were all looking at her.

“Okay, how about you then?” Marie looked back at the colt, he nervously looked up at her. “Weww, um…” he nervously stepped forward and looked back around. His mummeh was now staring at her sleeping baby, mouth ajar in a mixture of shock and disappointment. He couldn’t make out what that expression was but he knew she wasn’t angry at him.

Then he turned to gwandmummah who looked at him warmly and smiled, nodding to him and indicating to him with her fingers to do his tricks. Proudly he began to prance in a circle around the table center of the table, then he saw the opportunity from the spice shakers in the middle to weave around them. As he made another lap around the table, he saw a napkin folded to make a low jump. It wasn’t there before but he saw gwandmummah smiling at him and he somehow knew she put it there. Marie let out a squeal of excitement and then began to giggle and clap quickly. “Wow, that was amazing!”

The colt felt a rush of warmth over him as his new mummeh praised his tricks. “Why don’t you reward him sweetie?” Martha asked her granddaughter. “How?” Martha pointed at a jar on the table, “With a sugar cube.” Marie reached in and plucked out a sugar cube before offering it barehanded to the colt. He trotted up to her and gingerly picked the sugar cube up in his mouth. Marie giggled again and said, “That tickles!” Satisfied, the colt returned to his place and began to suck on his sugarcube.

“So, have you figured out names for them yet?” Martha prompted her granddaughter. “Namesies!?” Bella chimed in, “babbehs get namesies?” This got the whole table’s attention, all three fillies righted themselves and stood up, the earthie groggy but riled alert by such an important word. The brown colt watched quietly as he sat and ate his sugar cube, his ears were lowered is anticipation for what was coming.

“Hmmm”, Marie looked at the excited trio of foals ”the dancing one can be Ballerina because shes a dancer” “Dank yuu Bawawinuh wub nyu namesie” Next up was the unicorn, “you can be Spirit because you have spirit!” “Dank yuu Spiwit wub nyu namesie” Martha watched as her granddaughter named each fillie, they weren’t the most creative names but that was to be expected form a girl her age. Next was the Earthie.

“Ummmmmm” Bella watch intently as her bestes got her bestes name. “ummmm” Why couldn’t mummeh think of a pwetty name for her bestes pwetties smawtes babbeh. “I don’t know, you’re kinda white like a flower. Soo….ummmm….Lily!” Marie finally decided. “Dank yuu Wiwwy wub nyu namesie” Lily burped out. Bella was content with this. Her bebbeh was named after a pwetty flower.

She turned back to the colt giggling with unbridled energy. The colt stared meekly up at Marie. Somewhere in the back of his mind he though he remembered being called poopie. He knew that what brown fluffies were named. Pwetty name pwease, pwetty name pwease, pwetty name pwease.

Bella glared at the colt. Poopie Poopie Poopie she chanted In her head.

Martha looked down at the colt, she tried her best to steer her granddaughter, but she still only had so much control. Not sugarcube, not sugarcube, not sugarcube, she silently prayed.

“I’m going to name you…uuuuuuum….” Her eyes locked on the old framed photograph on the dining room wall, the photograph of grandma at the state fair with a pony and a blue first place ribbon. The pony that Marie had heard so many stories about and spawned her love of horses. She looked back down at the brown colt and blurted out “Dakota!”

Martha smiled.

“Dank yuu mummuh! Dakowta wub nyu namesie! Mawie am bestes nyu mummuh!”

← Chapter 6 - First - Chapter 8 →

19 Likes

And in the last chapter, Bella tells Marie about what Martha did, Marie tells her dad, they go NC with Martha after she trips and falls and ends up dying alone and unloved in a nursing home.

On one hand I absolutely love the story and it’s very well written, and Bella is VERY much a bitch mare. On the other hand, Martha’s actions in dealing with it annoy the hell out of me.

5 Likes

I had actually thought of that. As I wrote this story I definitely thought about what I “wanted” and what would make good storytelling. What makes Chinatown such a great movie is the fact that it kinda tells the audience to go enf itself at the end.

5 Likes

Considering the audience’s usual hunger for Fluffy trauma it could be said that would mean Martha trips and falls and ends up dying due to suffocating on horse shit.

I agree about Chinatown even though my opinions on Polanski sour my enjoyment of the movie a great deal now. I wonder if the film would be as well received with the original ending from the screenplay.

1 Like

Polanski being a piece of shit non withstanding, it is a well made movie. It would be too convenient to kill off Martha like that. And killing off characters prevents further drama. TBH I loosely based her off of a deceased relative of my own, a cruel southern woman with a lot of demons.

1 Like

Very very true. And death ends the worst punishment of them just being themselves.

And holy hell does everyone have an awful southern woman somewhere in their family? Because yep, part of the reason I can’t stand her.

2 Likes

Holy moly that is the cutest thing I have ever seen on this site

3 Likes

Agreed :+1:

Darn… Give Bella a chance here, Grandma is EVIL… using all these little tricks and stuff how can a fluffy compete lol