Bloated Pegasus Dam (Artist:Carpdime) (Fluffybooru id:27231)

“Don’t think I’ve done this before.”

• Carpdime, November 3 2014
74 Likes

“Don’t think I’ve done this before.”

• Carpdime, November 3 2014

~

Carpdime’s illustration of an immobile pregnant fluffy dam. One of the approaches to fluffy pregnancy is that fluffy dams would “bloat up” and be rendered immobile, and rely on other fluffies to literally “roll them around” in order to achieve mobility. While the idea is silly, comedic and definitely weirdbox, it also opens up to abuse potential. However, it is not a canon that many may not agree with.

It was this image that got Carpdime added to the list of artists that follow the “Immobile dam headcanon” on the Fluffy pony wiki. However, and knowing @Carpdime , I think this image was done purely for the fun of it and not mainly to establish an adherence to a specific canon. (After all, in The Hunt, the fluffy dams don’t seem to be bloated up, and other images Carp did of pregnant fluffy mares were not bloated up) That said, I would like to get Carpdime’s perspective on this image.

5 Likes

Why are they called dams?

Female dogs that called that too.

From Etymology 2 here: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dam

Female parent, mother, generally regarding breeding of animals.

2 Likes

I just love this so much. :purple_heart:

1 Like

God dam!

1 Like

Reminds me of a “dam buster” piece back on the Booru, a play on the dam busters of WW2

2 Likes

Rather coincidentally, Spoons also drew that! As in, the play on the WW2 dam busters.

I say its coincidental because I’m researching Spoons at the moment.

I’m a bit critical of it. I’m not fond of the immobile dam headcanon, and I prefer how some like Shadysmarty and Fiercedeitylynx depicted fluffy pregnancy, where the dams were still mobile to some degree.

I also asked Carp about it, and he clarified that mostly did this picture as a one-off.

2 Likes

Completely understand and I’m mostly on the same page. I would only see them at the “immobile” stage at the final day, two max, and only with a massive litter size.

1 Like

I find this concept to be super cute, regardless how unrealistic it may be.

It was/is used by talented artists like McGonagall, artist-kun and Nekuchan, just to name a few.

3 Likes

Looks like she he’s more than 20 foals in her.

1 Like