Broken, hopeless and reborn [By FluffyStalker]

Contest Submission

“Joyful Shelter - Home to all fluffies” is written in big plastic letters above my head, here I am in one of many fluffy shelters “for the abused” where some people come to adopt fluffies when they want to feel like benevolent gods or can’t afford one from a Fluffymart, so why am I here? Yes I’m talking to you who is watching everything through my eyes.

There is no response

I go through the shelter entrance, it is a generic pastel colored shelter, I don’t know what I’m looking for, I only know it is here and I will know when I find it, you know it is here too right? When will you respond to me, seriously.

I’m received by the characteristic smell of a shelter that treats the abused fluffies themselves, a blonde employee came out of the door where the fluffies must be, she looks shaked as if she just saw something traumatizing or tragic, nothing uncommon seeming the place where we are.

“Welcome to joyful shelter, how may I help you?” She said with artificial cheeriness.

“I would like to look through your fluffies, I’ve been thinking about adopting one for a long time and I heard about this place” the words came out of my mouth, they felt out of place, way too planned, as if I wasn’t the one supposed to be speaking, why are you always like this.

“Oh I see, please follow me, we have many little fluffies who would love a new home!”

She goes through the same door she came from, with me following behind and the smell of chemicals became stronger, they must be curing the fluffies in the deepest parts of the building, I was getting closer to what I was looking for.

We are going through a hallway and we are now in an intersection, in front of us reeks of chemicals, must be the medical area, to my right is a door that reads “only authorized personnel” so the fluffies must be to the left, we go through that door and there is a saferoom full of cages with recovering fluffies, some still under the effects of the sedatives.

When we enter, a particular cage caught my attention, there it is, a scarred and broken yellow mare with green mane that made her look like a freshly harvested lemon, and a purple foal with yellow mane, the foal seems fine physically, so both must be heavily dependant on each other.

“Excuse me, I’m interested on that yellow mare and the foal, I see you have already given them treatment, so I was wondering if I could take them home”

“Are you sure? She has only been cured of her wounds, but we haven’t got her to socialize enough to be a pet, and she will require extra paperwork because of it”

“Don’t worry about that, the paperwork is no problem, as for the socializing I will get in contact with an expert to help me with that”

“Of course, let me get the paperwork done and a carrier for them, please wait here, I will need some of your information and your firm”

“What is her name by the way”

“The yellow mare is Anabelle and the foal is Bloom”

Some time passes and the paperwork is done, I’m on my way to the entrance when the employee stops me.

“Please take good care of her, she has already gone through enough” she said in a natural and more emotional tone.

I just nod and go on my way, I walk through the city streets with a carrier with two fluffies until I find it, an empty parking lot where people usually doesn’t come, the place looks abandoned, a faint electric buzzing can be heard, then a loud electrical sound and there it is, the almost black ship with neon purple touches accompanied by a holy sound, stargazer, at least they sent only one ship this time, I quickly get in with the fluffies, there’s a charging sound and we are invisible to preying eyes from the city.

I feel sleepy, no actually I feel like it’s only question of time until I fall asleep, so they don’t need me any longer by now…

Good work, Gabriel, now rest.

In a facility far from the city

“The final test subject has arrived, analysis shows a severely damaged uterus and internal organs, it’s a miracle that she made it to that shelter, they seem to not have noticed because only the leg has been treated, subject has a blind eye and a scarred face”

“Are the DNA samples ready?”

“Yes, a sample of generic base fluffy DNA and a sample of the subject’s DNA”

“Perfect, get the subject clean, use distilled water to get rid of any chemicals after the bath”

With a pristine Anabelle the experiment began, you know, this company called itself “netraris” and released some products to the market and then went dark, anyone would’ve thought that they went bankrupt, but their main operations are underground and their services are acquired through the black market due to their nature.

This is the final test to one of their new services, the chrysalis of rebirth, this service is supposed to restore a fluffy based on hasbio original base DNA and the fluffy DNA within a “creature” that forms a symbiotic relationship with the fluffy until it is completely cured.

two months after the experiment began

The chrysalis is opening, Anabelle shows no deformities, the scar on her face is no longer there and both her eyes look completely functional, the infection on her leg is completely cured and the tissue was restored.

Further testing shows a complete restoration of uterus and internal organs of Anabelle, psychological damage was not cured, but we can take care of that ourselves.

Anabelle and her foal Bloom are reformed, the chrysalis project was successful, in return for her “cooperation” Anabelle and bloom will be sold on the hugbox black market branch of netraris under heavy background checking of any potential buyers.

A new era of fluffy health was born in the underground

15 Likes

Soo I decided to give it a try to hugbox, what a better start that a pre set scenario where I can include my own headcannon, this is for the @Dragonixa contest.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! That’s such an interesting concept! :smiley: I really like it!

4 Likes