Brothers, Last Day Part 3 (By NovaUmbra)

I’ve got some bad news for you…

2 Likes

Oh cool, there’s antivaxxers in this universe too.

1 Like

If my kid became Mother Teresa I’d be very disappointed

2 Likes

Somebody lost their balls!

1 Like

Shit brother is bestest blue’s shit eater!

1 Like

“Holy shit, lil’ Stwumpo, how did you get so old and Albanian?!”

1 Like

Claims of alleged racism and colonialism

Oh cool. It’s the retarded kind of criticism shouted by autistic howler monkeys that I can ignore.

Find me one person who hasn’t faced scrutiny or criticism. Our world is insanely bipolor. You had people screeching we elected literal Hitler with Trump. Then flipped and said Hitler’s real mistake was not going far enough when Israeli-Palestinian confrontations escalated earlier this year.

Yeah, I’m jaded. Sue me.

2 Likes

Those racism and colonialism claims are pretty stupid, to be honest.

The major criticism for me is that she denied dying people access to anethetics and other perks of modern medicine, because suffering means a closer bonding to Jesus or something. Also, they made sure everyone in her hospice was baptized before their death - even though these people were mostly Hindus. She reminds me of a twisted hugboxer, or Nekuchan’s PETA lunatic.

2 Likes

Not to get off topic, but what’s wrong with this? Either Catholicism is true and she’s doing people a service or it’s not and this is just an empty ceremony. It’s not like Catholics are headhunting people out of Vallhalla or Nirvana and forcing them into Catholic Heaven.

Like if my dying grandfather (who is baptized __________ religion) was in her care and was baptized Catholic before he died, I wouldn’t care. If I believed Catholicism had authority on the afterlife I wouldn’t be my religion, I’d be Catholic.

It’s a little insensitive, but people need to stop being such offended bitches nowadays, you know? Sorry about getting off topic

2 Likes

Because religions are not as simple as that (atheist here)
By performing a catholic baptism on someone by force you are removing their religious autonomy and should the person being forcibly baptized’s religion turn out to be true, they just partook in a blasphemous act and are no longer fit for whatever their heaven would be, should their religion be harsh like that.

Baptizing a muslim into catholicism just before death would rob them of their heaven should Islam be true and catholicism be false, for example.

2 Likes

This is most prevalent in Abrahamic religions where their god is a harsh and abusive entity who demands complete faith or they will condemn you to hell or oblivion (depending on which branch we are talkng)
In such religions, being baptized by an opposing religion would be a great sin.

1 Like

The problem I see here (which kinda scrapes the racism/colonialism debate) is that it seems she was not respecting the beliefs of the people she tried to help. And a dying person is probably not in the condition to consent or refuse to this practise. The nurses at the hospices were also very careful to keep the baptisms hidden, like “we’re putting some water on their foreheads so they feel better (but we’re actually baptizing those heathens, tee-hee!)”, probably because they knew the locals were not okay with this. Why even do this when people just come to them to die in peace is beyond my understanding. I’m not a religious person, and I try to respect other people’s beliefs, but this feels wrong to me, morally. People need to realize that her work wasn’t entirely altruistic, but to further the cause of the Catholic Church, an organization that is extremely rich, powerful and worth criticizing.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think those are the people you think they are, those groups cover a whole lot of ideological real estate.

What’s worse is that it’s not like they helped people pass painlessly. The Church has always been big on the virtues of suffering. It’s how we can grow closest to Christ.

Not making that up.

1 Like

I think I know where this is going… I’m looking forward to see if I was right :eyes:

1 Like

I want to know what will happen next

1 Like

Just gotta repair my computer and I’ll get on it

1 Like

Was this ever continued?

It will be as soon as I fix my computer.

It’s been half a year. Did your computer got turned into a minecraft block by a WALL-E trash compactor?