Can fluffie be racists against humans? (By: BiologicalDisaster)

In my headcanon they are hardcoded to view their prospective owner as the single best, most amazing human irrespective or any other consideration.

A side thought, but I always have felt something warm for homeless people with an evidently well cared dog for company. Something similar with fluffies has some hugbox potential.

3 Likes

I always thought “poopie” prejudice was a none-too-subtle satire on racism to begin with. (That or the chan’s idea of subtle.)

Anyhow, in-universe it’s a design choice meant to cull non-marketable colours by concentrating on feeding and caring for the more popular colours - with the inherent assumption that these things are for kids in an age range where bright colours are everything. (Adults might be expected to like more natural-looking colours, but fluffies weren’t intended for us. That’s part of why it’s funny when adults punish fluffies for not having adult morality.)

For that reason, fur colour prejudice is just categorically not applicable to humans, whom fluffies are programmed to adore even above other fluffies. Even if it did apply, they’d probably view clothing as the equivalent of fur and be drawn to people in colourful clothes (again, children) while considering dull officewear boring.

Racism toward humans is a learned behaviour, as always. Even in something as hard-wired to love and trust as fluffies are, we’re too damn good at teaching the innocent to be awful. So yes, fluffies could learn to be racist little shits.

2 Likes

It wasn’t satire at all. It was an excuse for fluffies to get more scatological and make more “Shocking content” like designing a way to making fluffies eat poop and also “Justify” abuse to the fluffies making the put upon brown fluffy eat poop. There’s a reason why oldfriends from around then don’t like it because it drove away a lot of creators because the booru was starting to look like a scat fetish site. And it’s why people refer to it as the period that nearly killed the fandom.

A big reason why people who were involved in the fandom from the start hated it was it completely and irrevocably fucked the hive lore people had designed and worked on for so long. The hive lore was that Hasbio didn’t build in any color bias at all because if they did and played eugenics with fluffies. It would be a colossal PR disaster if it was leaked out that the ultra cuddly, love and hugs obssessed bio toys would ruthlessly bully and belittle “Bad” colors to the point of killing foals not making their standards. When a big project like that is under immense pressure, they couldn’t do anything wrong. They’d have made sure that outside of intended rejection behavior like runts and “Glitches” like Alicorns. Fluffies wouldn’t reject offspring. And once Hasbio revealed fluffies for the first time, it paid off because everyone wanted one no matter the color and were prepared to part with thousands of dollars for even the worst browns and greens.

Another golden rule: Think about what a corporation would actually do. Cute fuzzy biotoys having built in eugenics features is a nope for a very public, very high pressure project because that would be an executive career killing scandal. People write and art “Hasbio Retarded” because it’s very easy to do “Evil and incompetent corporation” when the old lore on Hasbio were that they were quite competent but greedy with the fluffies mostly being designed to be the way they are outside of a few glitches Hasbio were going to “Fix” like Alicorn rejection and Smarty Syndrome.

That’s another reason why Fluffies can’t be racist to humans. You have to think like a corporation and they would absolutely not want a PR scandal because a fluffy called a black or brown person “Poopie”. It would be one of the first things they would make sure would never ever happen

4 Likes

they can definitely learn to. but naturally? if you’re going to try to make toys for kids, you don’t really want them to be openly racist.

2 Likes

I would say not by default. I remember a story about a fluffy in a Fluffy Store calling another fluffy “poopieh” and an employee of color asking that fluffy if it thought she was poopieh as well. The fluffy said no, and that she was a pretty color of coffee (or something).

I agree with that canon. And in my canon the reason fluffies are prejudice against certain colors is for two reasons:

A programmed bias against bad poopies that was inefficient or unfinished
A self-sorting mechanism for colors HasBio believed would be desired by customers; in my canon the group Peta released was a herd in an experimental living environment testing out self-sorting instead of manual or mechanical sorting.

1 Like

It wasn’t This story by any chance was it?

And even if it wasn’t, that story gives my answer, Fluffies aren’t racist to humans

2 Likes

Well, yes and no. This might require some nuance, bear with me.

If racism is written in the first place, you’ve got to be careful about it and do your homework. Depending on how it’s written, it can be either accurate representation of what minorities go through or just plain needless racism. Think about why you want to include it; Is it an integral part of the story, or is it just an excuse to hate the fluffy?

Yes, these are fictional technicolor pighorses. Still, it’s best to take real-life minorities into account and be as respectful as possible when representing the issues minorities face. Think about it this way; If a real person of color would read/see it and find it racist, then it shouldn’t be posted.

For example, a smarty being racist towards specific human races. Would a real POC find the fact that racism was deliberately written in the first place offensive? Would they find any abuse of the racist fluffy cathartic?

Best do your own research beforehand, just to be sure. Ask people of color (who are willing to answer questions like this) if it’s offensive. If it is offensive and you aren’t sure why, simply ask why and they’ll let you know. People who are willing to teach you things are usually willing to answer additional questions, even if you’re nervous to ask them.

All humans have different lives, especially if the way we experience it is inherently different from the beginning. It’s quite impossible for people to fully understand each other. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be respectful and lend a listening ear to one another.

Wuv and huggies and all that.

2 Likes

The whole notion of fluffies is an act of crass indifference and senseless tastelessness and your long diatribe reeks of Twitter. Your post stinks and you should feel bad.

2 Likes

Watch me trotting happily to ask some black people whether my hamsterhorse abuse offends them or not, because some fictional hamsterhorse said “niggew”, just so I can post it on a site for autistic retards deemed too autistic for 4chan. Just so I can post my piece containing physical and mental abuse, murder, rape, torture while still feeling morally superior to people who didn’t ask. Yeah, nah, kek.

3 Likes

This is a website hosting content relating to rape, violence, abuse, murder, torture, and pretty much any other horrible act possibly committed against a sentient creature.

But when someone says a mean word, suddenly it’s too far?

I’ll never understand the logic behind that argument.

3 Likes

What if I ask three people of color, and two of them say it’s not offensive, but the last person says it is? Do you think all black people are going to feel the same way about it?

2 Likes

What if you ask three people of color of different origin - a latinx and a chinx, and one afroam person, and the first two will say it’s fine and the last one will say it isn’t, then is it okay or not?

Niggerfaggot

Then I think it’d be best to go with the majority of answers. And it depends on which race is involved with the stuff written. It’s possible for one race to not realize something is offensive to another (Take portrayals of black people in old anime, for example) I don’t think they’d all feel the same way about it. I guess it depends on the individual.

1 Like

Yes they can I once saw a story where a Smarty called a black dude a nigger and that was the funniest shit I ever saw.

I think it’d depend on what race is involved in whatever’s written. It’s possible for one minority group to not realize something is offensive to another.

2 Likes

I also have to imagine most people (of any race) would be more confused than anything if I asked them what slurs a fictional pig-horse can or cannot say in a story.

3 Likes

I just cannot understand how people can unironically believe this on a forum like this one.

Sure, torture a fluffy foal. Pull its eyes out with your fingernails. Slowly saw its hooves down the middle as it screams and begs for its mother. Skin it as it begs for even a modicum of mercy. For hugs, for love, for all of these things that will never come. Slam it to the ground, shattering its bones so it can’t run away. Let it writhe in pain, twitching on the ground, crying. A poor unloved child who never got a chance at life. Who never knew the love of its mother. Whose cries for help fell on deaf ears. Whose only experiences in life were cruel, unimaginable torture far beyond anything any living creature should experience, much less a child. Who will die, only to be thrown in the trash like the toy and commodity the world believes it to be.

But make sure not to hurt anyone’s feelings.

4 Likes

Based reply. Also, “not to hurt anyone’s feelings regarding badspeak”. There will be people willing to defend abuse but wishing death upon someone daring to call you a fag.

2 Likes

I think the idea is ‘they’re not real’ which, fair enough, but also…

Imagine if we took every goddamn thing on here and ran it through that same ‘What if X group is offended?’

https://fluffy-community.com/t/vent-star-the-alicorn/36407 This is from their gallery. Whether they’re a victim of sexual assault or not doesn’t really figure into the equation if we’re going from ‘Well could someone else be offended?’. I can’t imagine all victims of SA would exactly feel comfortable having themselves expressed in the retard shitting pighorse medium, and that’s OK. Because that’s how Star decided to express himself and other people’s feelings shouldn’t encroach on how he conducts himself. He just doesn’t have the amount of critical self-analysis to realize that.

It’s just stupid Twitter posturing. A way to give oneself a gold medal and a pat on the back because you’re standing up for the poor POCs. It’s the laziest form of social activism and a sign you’re dealing with a water-on-the-brain dumbass.

2 Likes