Cement Fence Reinforcement by Chikahiro

Wholesale pricing is for other businesses. Got a tax license and contractor’s license? We can talk!

2 Likes

Isn’t it great? That means there’s always something new to sell :wink:

1 Like

A pad with different buttons, one with the image of sketties that opens a timed electronic gate. Not cheap, but if you plan on letting fluffies take shelter in your garden out of kindness or you need…fresh replacements for more nefarious activities but don’t want a murderous (or innocent, again, depending on your personal needs) stray doggo to end up with the fluffies, this might be a good solution.

2 Likes

It’s really ugly :v
you better just dig a few inches and put “chicken fence” in it :v

2 Likes

Well, @thk, you’d have to have a nice plot of fenced-in land for that to be safe. That said, a pet door/gate with a chip reader should likely do the trick.

I’d probably do it in two locations - one for the main entrance/exit to the outside, then another to the entrance/exit for the fenced-in yard. Similar to an airlock. There would need to be an intermediate area/pen I think. A fluffy might get in by tagging along, but I’d think a motion sensor that can estimate the number of fluffies OR maybe having a scale inside one of the gates would help.

Identify fluffy chip, compare to known weight. If the weight differentiates significantly (ie, 30% or more)? Let them in but also don’t open the next gate. Alert owner for manual intervention. I’d probably make that pen a decent size (think a hallway’s width, length depends), and would make sure certain essentials are there (food, water, basic shelter).

Where you thinking this would be for access to the home? Or for a primary secure pen they go to at night after being out in a larger but still protected area?

2 Likes

I was thinking folks who care for ferals by giving them a place to stay but don’t consider them owned. Plenty of folks treat feral animals that way in real life, and its kind of how I’m pushing Simple Creatures. Have an oldschool farm that’s not really being used as anything but a home, let animals live on it, but don’t take too much responsibility for their care since they’re visitors rather than livestock. Enough protection to make them safe from stray dogs and shit, but they can come and go if they want.

1 Like

Gotcha. I think the big thing is if there’s no gatekeeping of any sort? Anything as smart or smarter than a fluffy could get through it. Especially a predator following scents. I’m not sure how I’d rig that aside from teaching a fluffy how to open/unlock a simple mechanism.

2 Likes