Chad Thundercock: Origins (EzPete)

Chad had always wanted a pet, but cats and dogs were too expensive. He hated the idea of a fluffy because they were so needy and conversational. He remembered his childhood dog, a Shepard that was silent but loving, alert, and loyal. Another Shepard was off the table. Even a large dog without a pedigree cost upwards of 15 grand nowadays. About the price of a used car ever since the big crash.

His coworker suggested he get a “splorin baby” since they were apparently much more independent than other fluffies and didn’t need constant play and attention from owners to avoid going into a depressive loop.

He swung by the Happytime Fluff Shelter on his walk home from the subway station. A shelter was his only choice as his budget was tight and custom order foals from fluffmart cost a wing and a horn. The train had been delayed because some feral family had managed to climb down onto the tracks and take shelter under the third rail when the train came in.

In the alley right beside the shelter was an entire herd with a line of mares, tits out like ladies of the night, holding their babies up to passerbys and asking for nummies or new daddehs and mummahs.

With a whole herd giving away babies for free, who would want to adopt, Chad wondered.

Chad stepped into the front door, bell ringing to notify staff of a visitor, and was immediately assaulted by the cries of the good colored window display fluffs and the last chancers in the cages just behind.

“Nyu daddeh!?” “Pwease Gib Huggies!” “Wub yuu fowebah!” and other such phrases came from the headlining fluffs.

“Wan mummah!” “Nu wan fowebah sweepies!” and “Nee bebbehs! Su manneh heawt huwties" came from the assorted brown and gray fluffies just beyond.

A middle aged volunteer with blonde hair walked up to Chad, her name tag indicated she was named Carol. “Welcome to Happytime Fluff Shelter! I see you aren’t making a surrender; can I help you find a new best friend to take home today?”

Chad looked down at her with some confusion, “Um, there’s a herd right outside. Do you guys just want to leave them there.” Throwing his thumb over his shoulder for emphasis.

Carol pursed her lips in a polite smile. “I can see you don’t currently own any fluffies. Those are all feral, we only take domestic surrenders. Wild fluffies have so many behavior issues that they would spread bad behaviors to our fluffies and hurt their chances of getting adopted.”

“Huh.” Chad nodded. Apparently this whole fluffy ownership was more complicated than he previously though. “Well, I’ve never had a fluffy before, I was contemplating getting a foal.”

Carol continued to feign a smile, many people walked into the shelter hoping they could get a good colored well behaved alicorn breeder for pennies compared to fluffmart prices. “Um, foals can be a handful for first time owners. Why don’t you take a look at our adult stock while we discuss what you are looking for in a fluffy?”

Chad nodded in agreement and let Carol lead him past the front display tanks with pregnant mares demanding skettis and safe rooms for their tummy babbehs. Most had signs indicating they had developed BMS. Chad indicated he didn’t have the space for a whole litter in his apartment.

Next was the last chance cages. Many had signs indicating they were from unplanned litters that the owners couldn’t give away.

Each had a number counting down the days till Euthanasia and a little sheet detailing their pathetic circumstances. One with a vomit green coat and brown mane tried reaching through the cage bars towards Chad for a hug. Chad briefly reached out and squeezed his hoof.

Colt
Name: Grassies
Special Care Requirements: None
Days left: 1

‘Hello, my name is Grassies. My momma snuck off and had babies without permission. I’m a huggy baby who is sad because all my siblings were already adopted so I have no one to hug. I’m a little ball of love who want nothing more than to hug my new mommy or daddy all day. I am weaned on standard kibble and don’t need lots of toys to be happy. All I need is your affection.’

“Nyu daddeh?” He chirped hopefully.

“Sorry little guy, I work long hours. So, I wouldn’t be able to give you hugs all day.” Chad said sympathetically.

“Nuu! Pwease! Nee daddeh ow fowebah sweepies!” Grassies flailed his hooves at Chad.

They walked to the next area with communal pens. Assorted fluffies of half decent colors filled each cage. These were sorted mostly by gender and age with elderly fluffs who’s owners died kept in a quiet corner while a few hot colored toughies scuffled in another. Delusional mares sang about getting owners and having babies despite all being spayed.

The whole time they spoke, and Carol silently determined a stallion would be the best fit for Chad. While they went to the rows of males. It was apparent which ones were fixed as foals and which ones were fixed as adults based on who was crying over missing lumps, or demanding enfies, and who was playing nicely with their fellow inmates.

Chad looked through each cage. Not seeing anything that caught his eyes. Just then, he felt something wiggling over his boots. Looking down, he saw a pale blue colt.

Tee hee Spwowin bebbeh am bestest spwowew!” The colt chirped as he scaled the toes of Chad’s boots.

“Damn it Jake! That damn colt got out again!” Carol yelled back towards a doorway leading further back.

Dozens of fluffies gasped in unison and condemned Carol for ‘bad words’ as a teen scrambled out to scoop up the colt and apologize.

“Um, actually, can I see the foals?” Chad asked.

Carol, checked her watch, “Um, actually its almost closing time. Are you sure you don’t want one of these little angels?”

Chad looked over and saw one of the red toughie stallions mounting another crying stallion backwards and dry humping his face. “Uh…”

“Fine, follow me.” She led Chad to the Nursery. “Jake, why don’t you help close up front while I help this gentleman look at foals.”

Chirpy litters were collected in little padded baskets under heating lamps on a shelf. Several milkmares were in a pen feeding chirpy litters that had been brought of the shelf with gentle care. One mare however was strapped in a contraption that made her look like she was being crucified while she cried about the foals being milky thieves and threatening to stomp them.

On the other side of the room was a big play pen with dozens of foals fighting over a handful of tennis balls and carboard blocks. A trough of soft kibbles and a formula dispenser sat in the room’s center, mostly depleted.

Carol started gathering foals up into plastic bins that looked like recycled laundry baskets and stacking them up on shelves for the night. Each litter had a color-coded collar which made keeping siblings together easy. “Feel free to look around, but if that huggy friend out front is too much for you then all of these certainly are too.”

Carol was also scooping up limp foals and tossing them into the appropriately labeled, if crude, “dead baby box”. Next she started collecting peeping and injured fluffies and they made their way into the box as well. Chad was shocked by the callousness but figured they just didn’t have the budget to treat every fluffy.

Chad scanned around for the ‘Splorer and located it. He was currently squeezing out of the basket he had been put into through a crack in the side that folded back closed as soon as he was through. “Teehee spwowin bebbeh am suu smawt!” he chirped to himself.

Carol was oblivious to his prison break. He watched the colt expertly navigate the shelf all the way to the end, then jump down onto a bag of kibble and slide safely to the floor before trying to sprint on his two-inch-long legs for the doorway. Chad reached down and scooped him up, eliciting a peep of surprise.

“Can I get this one?” Chad asked.

“How did he…. Sure, yes whatever. Just take him to the front and they’ll ring you up.”

Chad walked to the front as Jake was pulling the last chancers from their cages as they cried about forever sleepies. Grassies reached desperately for Chad. “Nyu daddeh! Pwease sabe Grassies!”

Chad rang up his chirpy, donated a few extra bucks to the shelter, and got the number for the cute girl working the register. “By the way, what happens to the last chancers?”

The girl looked down sadly for a moment. “Umm… we put them down in front of the behavioral fluffies to remind them what happens to bad fluffies.”

Chad returned home with a damp brown paper bag. Inside, the baby blue earthie foal peeped and wiggled making scaredy peepees that slowly leaked through the waxed paper. “Wet! Spwowin bebbeh owt! Nyu daddeh! Pwease!” it managed to cheap between deep hyperventilating gasps of fear.

“Calm down little guy! We’re finally home!” He said, prying open the stapled shut bag and dumping him on his dining room table. The Splorer ran from end to end of the table looking for a way down. “Wait a moment! You need a name and some rules first!”

The foal’s ears perked up. “Bebbeh hab name? Weawwy?”

“Yep, let me think…” his first thought was of his first dog. “… how about Champ?”

“Bebbeh name am Champ!? Champ wub Nyu namesie!” The foal cheeped excitedly.

“Wub yuu daddeh!” Champ said, tugging at Chad’s heartstrings. “Bebbeh, gu spwowe nao!” Champ said, turning and tumbling down onto one of the dining chairs, righting himself, and going to jump off the seat to the floor.

“Whoa there Champ. You need to be careful.” Chad interrupted. “A fall like that can kill a fluffy.”

“Wut am kiww daddeh?” Champ asked wide eyed.

“Uh…” Chad scrunched his brain thinking of the fluffy terminology he had seen on signs and on TV. “… you know what forever sleepies are, right?”

“Champ knu, mummah gu fowebah sweepies. Den gu ‘way! Su nao bebbeh nee’ tu fin mummah an make wakesies!”

Chad felt a pluck of sadness at his heartstrings. He broke the news to Champ that his mummah was never coming back. Champ cried for a bit while Chad held him close. Afterwards, Chad explained the rules, no splorin outside, no chewing wires, only making good poopies (for now on newspaper), ect.

He fed Champ some takeout noodles, let the fluff climb all over is living room while he watched sports and texted the girl from the fluffmart. Then let Champ sleep on the pillow next to him, making sure to leave a way down off the bed for Champ to use the newspaper to poop or pee in the middle of the night.

The next day, Chad took Champ to the Fluffmart, tucking him the specially made foal seat in a cart to roll around the store. Champ complained about needing to run around and splore but Chad told him he would get crushed by a cart. They looked around getting litter, a litterbox, a collar, and nametag. While at the tag engraving machine, Chad noticed that they had custom bowls as well and grabbed one for kibble.

They kept going up and down the aisles and soon Champ forgot all about wanting to ‘splore as he looked at all the fun things on the shelves. Chad grabbed a “Barky Friend” Stuffy friend and handed it to Champ. He began hugging it immediately, excited for a new friend to play with.

They finally made it to the specialty care aisle and Chad covered Champ’s eyes as the rolled past the sorry sticks and other discipline ‘toys’.

By good fortune there was a sporin’ baby section. Chad grabbed a pamphlet and flipped through it. It explained basic stuff about splorin’ baby needs and how splorin’ was an instinct to be a provider for special friends and herds, it explained that ‘splorers did well alone because they could focus on being a nummy finder instead of talking or playing with other fluffies.

Chad looked at the shelves of fluffy toys. Many were simple food puzzles. One was just the Kong dog toy but made of a softer silicone instead of polyurethane rubber. There was a pop-up tent maze. Textured toys of assorted shapes to hide for your fluffy to find. Even a few boxes of assorted scent bait to give your fluffy sensory experiences besides bright colors.

Chad grabbed the Kong and the textured shape blocks. He swung the cart around and was interrupted by screeching.

“Bebbeh! Nuuu!” He looked down and saw a red smear where his cart’s front wheel clipped a yellow? foal and turned it into paste on the store tile.

A pink and purple alicorn mare tried to hug the red pile of gore that was left while sobbing. On her back, tucked into her fluff between her wings, was a pile of assorted colors. Apparently her remaining foals, who had begun sympathetically peeping in fear at their mother’s wailing and the smell of blood.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry!” Chad kneeled down instinctively to help the mare before realizing there was nothing to grab.

The mare stared up at him, sadness distilling into anger. “Meanie Munstah! Hatchu!” she cried out and began assaulting him with sorry hoofs. More foals tumbled off her back and into the blood and gore on the tile.

An employee rounded the corner to see what the commotion was.

“I’m so sorry! I’ll pay for the foal!” Chad said helplessly as he held out his hands to stop the Mare’s blows. After a few hits, realizing they were harmless and letting the mare pummel his thighs indiscriminately.

“Oh, that’s not one of ours.” The employee said. Chad sighed in relief until he realized the mare had a collar and he had still killed a foal on accident.

“Pricilla, where did you go my darling?” an overdressed woman, early 30s, in heels called out as she rounded a corner. Locking eyes on the mare “Oh there you are!”

Pricilla tumbled back in fear at the sight of her angry mother and managed to trample a foal underhoof.

“Ma’am. I’m so sorry!” Chad blurted.

“Oh nonsense, she ran off to have foals without permission and then she ran off while I was shopping.” She clicked over and fixed a leash on the mare.

Leaning over, she whispered into Chad’s ear, “I wouldn’t mind if you took care of the rest. I’ll even make it worth your while.”

She started dragging Priscilla back while she resisted, reaching for her remaining foals. “Nuu! Wun Way Fwom Munstah Bebbehs!”

“Come now darling! Let’s get you away from the meanie man before he gives you forever sleepies too.” She reached into her purse and flashed a hundred-dollar bill.

Chad looked at her and inferred her intent. He honestly didn’t think about how he was going to afford all the toys and kibble for Champ. He stood up and grabbed his cart.

“Wut am happen daddeh?” Champ asked quizzically, unable to see the gore underneath and behind him.

“Don’t worry about it Champ.” Chad said as he began pushing his cart back forward over the remaining foals, too slippery on the bloody floor to run away. Pricilla began screeching even louder at the sight.

The indifference of the woman, and the Fluffmart employee who had returned with a mop for that matter, shocked Chad. He knew there was the perception now that fluffies were garbage, but he thought that only extended to strays and ferals.

The woman scooped her sobbing mare up and pulled her into her chest. Hiding her face, then walked past Chad, slipping the hundred-dollar bill and a card with a handwritten number behind Champ.

Chad wheeled Champ up to the register. The blood trail eventually stopping, much to the joy of the employee following close behind with the mop. Chad handed the hundred to the cashier and paid the remainder from his checking account. They cashier threw in a non-toxic crayon set seeing that Champ was just a foal. The box was labeled “Fluffy Memories”.

Making his way home with Champ he set everything up. Champ was fairly smart for a two-week-old fluff, if not for his lack of self-preservation instincts. Chad was able to explain the litterbox to Champ and have him master good poopies in two tries.

The next week went relatively well. Chad would go to work, come home to find the sensory toys he hid all over the apartment collected in a neat pile in the kitchen, feed his fluffy, change the litterbox, and relax on the couch watching sports or news while champ tried to get sketti treats out of the kong. Chad was so busy with his new fluffy that he even forgot about the girl from the shelter.

Champ never complained of loneliness or of wanting toys or skettis or of special friends. He managed to somehow get stuck under the fridge one time, and inside the couch another time. Chad rescuing him both times. Still, Champ was a good boy and didn’t make the same mistake twice.

When Champ got too tuckered out, Chad broke out the crayons and gave him a few sheets of printer paper. While Chad watched his little splorin baby draw, he remembered the older woman from the Fluffmart. He pulled her card from his wallet and dailed her up to thank her.

Click

“Hello, this is Stephanie Delestre, may I ask with whom I am speaking to?”

Chad almost hung up immediately in panick. The Delestre family was pretty important in this city. The mayor was Thomas Delestre and the wealthiest law firm was composed of members of the Delestre family as well. It wasn’t a common enough name to be a coincidence.

“Um, hi, hello. Uh. This is Chad. Uh, Chad Thundercock. We met at the Fluffmarket the other day. I was uh just calling to thank you.” Chad stammered over his words.

“It’s a pleasure to formally make you acquaintance Mr. Thundercock. I was waiting for your call. Actually, if you wouldn’t mind, I would like to hire your services again.”

“Um, Ma’am? Again?”

“Please, it’s Ms.” She corrected him “You helped me a lot with my precious Pricilla. You see, I am perfect to her, and I can’t have that reputation ruined. Dealing with the foals for me saved me from gaining her ire by killing them myself or having to take them away. Now she thinks that a monster took her foals away and that I saved her.”

“Huh, I understand.” Chad nodded, not really understanding her callousness.

“I’d like you to reprise the role, if you would.” Stephanie continued “I’ve been wanting to get her fixed, but she went and got pregnant again. Why I even bother… Anyway, if a monster could take her to the vet and get her fixed. I would reward you handsomely.”

Some muffled sound came from the other line.

“I will call you tomorrow. I unfortunately have another matter to attend to now. Buh-bye.”

Click

Chad thought about the offer.

“Daddeh? Who am tawkin chuu?” Champ cheeped with a crayon between his teeth.

“Just a lady friend Champ.”

“Daddeh hab spechow fwen?” Champ’s overactive imagination made many leaps of faith.

“No silly, just a friend. Let me look at your drawing.”

“Ochay daddeh!”

ChadOrigins

It had been several weeks since then. Chad had spoken to Stephanie the next day, her plan was to wait until late pregnancy to traumatize the mare off of babies as much as possible.

They had even met a few times for coffee, and it became apparent that she was interested in him specifically. She could have hired anyone to deal with the mare but had essentially become his sugar mommy.

They organized a few, more formal dates. One was at a fluffpark, Stephanie brought Pricilla but sent her off with her assistant while Chad let Champ ‘splore.

The Delestre family was the sponsor of this park, and it was safer and more entertaining to the common fluff than any run of the mill fluffpark. One defining feature was the feral proof perimeter fence.

Chad even found himself invited to the family estate where he and Stephanie did the horizontal monster mash.

Pricilla spotted Chad and still recognized him. “Mummah mummah! Am munstah man! Sabe Pwissiwwa!” She cried. Stephanie scooped the alicorn up and ordered Chad away in the most playful voice.

As Chad left, the bloated mare thanked her mummah for saving her from the munstah!

The day of reckoning for Pricilla finally came. Chad took off from work and spend the morning playing fetch with Champ. After a quick subway trip uptown and a car sent to bring him the rest of the way, he made his way into the estate. Walking down familiar hallways he found Pricilla’s saferoom with a pet carrier outside the door. He picked it up and stepped inside.

The alicorn’s back was turned away from him as she sat on a large pillow splayed out, toe-tapping, and singing a mummah song to herself.

“Hewwo Mummah Pwissie am be bestes mummah ebah!”

Chad inched forward across the massive room trying not to stomp and tip the mare off to his approach.

“Pwissie wuz just tewwwin tummeh bebbehs bout wast bebbehs! Dey wuz good bebbehs bu’ Pwissiwah nu wisten tu mummah an’ bad munstah man make dem gu fowebah sweepies! Huu huu….”

Chad’s impression of the mare from Stephanie was one of a callous selfish mare, one he didn’t understand why anyone would care for.

“Buh Pissiwwa hab bestest mummah ebah an’ she am scawe bad munstah man ‘way! Suu Pwissie an bebbehs hab bestest mummah ebah! Nuttin ebah gone happin tu dese bebbehs cuz mummah wiww pwotec’ fwuffehs fwom munstahs!”

As he made the last few feet he saw Pricilla had been drawing a picture in crayons.

“Wook mummah! Pwissie dwaw pichow ob mummah an pwissie an bebbehs an bebbehs in skettiwand!”

Sure enough, the crude crayon drawing featured Stephanie and Pricilla front and center, colorful circles to either side of them, and above them all were clouds topped with skettis and little colorful circles that could only be foals if they weren’t rainbow meatballs.

ChadOrigins2

Chad felt a pit in his stomach. Pricilla didn’t deserve this.

Before he could leave, Pricilla turned her head and looked up. “Wai mummah nuu tawkies? Nu wub pichuh… uh… MUNSTAH MAN!”

She began screening and flailing her legs. “MUMMAH SABE FWUFFEH! MEANIE MAN GOIN CHU HUWT MUMMAH AN BEBBEHS!” shit fired like a jet from her ass, narrowly missing Chad, and the carry crate.

He sat in on end and wondered how he would get out of this. “HATCHU HATCHU! GIB YUU FOWEBAH SWEEPIES!” The mare shouted. Bending her abdomen like a jelly bean and swinging her front hooves towards him as best as she could.

He thought about just leaving, but realized Stephanie would just get someone else to do it. He was already a monster in her story, he may as well collect a paycheck for it.

He reached down and scooped the mare up. Holding her tightly against his chests as he lowered her down onto the cage. She closed her eyes and screamed while trying to bite his shirt.

Fortunately she had evacuated most of her bowels in the initial volley and the inside of the carrier remained fairly clean. He took the carrier out to the car, Pricilla crying and screaming for mummah the whole time.

One the ride to the vet, the stress became too much. “Tummeh bebbehs! Nu gib mummeh huwties! Nuu! Nu am time yet! Yuu stiww tummeh bebbehs! BIGGEST POOPIES!”

The foals were all two weeks premature. Another week and they may have survived outside of the womb, but they were all hairless and had underdeveloped lungs.

Chad listened as the mare cried and licked the foals one by one, a few gasped and writhed, Pricilla tried giving them their first milkies but none would latch on.

“Wai? Wai!? Bebbehs Nuu!” The distraught mare attempted to perform resuscitory huggies on her dead children for the remainder of the drive. The car stopped in front of a vet and Chad carried the mare in.

Chad set the wailing mare on the counter and whispered to the nurse. “1:30 appointment for Pricilla.”

Another nurse came out and comforted the mare. “Don’t worry, the vet will take good care of you. There’s no need to worry.”

“Vet!? Fwuffeh doktow! He can sabe bebbehs! Pwease! Sabe bebbehs!”

Pricilla was almost catatonic the whole ride home. She muttered to herself with her cone amplifying the sound.

“bebbehs gu tu skettiwand… huuhuu… pwease beh nice tu bwuddahs an sistahs… huu huu… wembuh tu shawe aww dah skettis… huu…”

Chad silently carried her back inside to her room. It seemed the maids had cleaned the mess Pricilla made while they were gone. He set the carrier down and walked back out. He spotted the picture the mare had drawn in the trash and fished it out as he left.

Standing on the other side of the door, he listed to Stephanie walk in and comfort her mare.

“There there my little girl. Did the big meanie man hurt you…”

Chad rode home, holding an envelope of payment with the crude drawing.

When he arrived at his apartment, Champ asked why he smelled like chirpie babies. Chad made up a lie, took a shower, then dumped an entire can of skettis into Champ’s bowl.

Chad ignored Stephanie’s phone calls for the next few days. He felt dirty and hadn’t cashed his blood money yet.

“Wai daddeh saddies?” Champ chirped, stopping his question to free the sketti treats from his kong.

“Daddy had to do a bad thing Champ.” Chad said, admitting his guilt.

“Den how bout daddeh du gud ding den? Gud dings awways make Champ feew gud!” The blue colt suggested.

Chad looked at his fluffy. He was getting pretty big now and was almost a proper stallion. “Well, what do you suggest then?”

“Champ dink dat daddeh shuwd take Champ tu fwuffeh pawk!” He shouted excitedly.

Chad chuckled. “I think you are just trying to trick me into taking you to the park.”

“Nu am twick! Champ awsk tu gu to pawk! Twick wuwd be tu awsk fow fwuffeh aise cweam!”

Chad thought about Champs words. Taking Champ to the ice cream stall in the fluff park would end up with them in the park. Champ was a lot smarter than he let on at times. He was probably right that a trip to the park would cheer him up.

“Ok Champ, you sold me!”

Arriving at the park, Chad unleashed Champ and let him run free. Chad kept him leashed and in his arms the whole trip to the park. For his good behavior, Chad let him run unleashed in the park. He was very responsible, and Chad was so happy he had gotten a splorin baby.

Chad got an ice cream and sat down at his usual bench. From off in the distance, Stephanie spotted Chad and told Pricilla to go play. She approached and sat down next to him.

“Darling I’ve missed you so much. Why haven’t you answered my calls?”

“I haven’t felt that good since the vet trip.” He responded emotionlessly.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss. “Really darling, they’re just fluffies. You shouldn’t get that attached to them.”

He leaned away but her kiss still landed on his cheek. She rubbed her hands all over his chest. Reaching down towards his waist as well. He grabbed her wrist and pushed her away.

“Look, I think we need some space right now.” Chad delivered sternly, standing up, and walking away.

A few moments later, Pricilla came trotting up. “Mummah! Pwissiwwa nu wike pawk annehmowe! Nu can pway cuz ob stupid cohwn! Nu can hab spechow huggies chu make bebbehs nao! Suu manneh heawt huwties!”

Stephanie reached down to scratch her Alicorn’s chin. “There there baby. Momma’s here. No more sadness.” Pricilla sniffed at her mummah’s hand and recognized a familiar smell.

“munstah… Mummah smeww wike munstah man! Wai mummah! Wai!?” She started backing away.

“I can explain baby.” Stephanie tried to calm her alicorn.

“Mummah help meanie man huwt tummeh bebbehs! Mummah am munstah tuu! Yuu am wowstest mummah! Hatchu! HATCHU!” Pricilla turned and began to run away.

Stephanie could easily have chased after her but figured it would be better to let her calm down first. It wasn’t like she could leave the park anyway.

Champ was having fun rooting around in the dirt. He had found a black mushroom nummie between the bushes and beneath a big oak tree.

“Champ am bestest spwowew! Fin’ bestest nummies! Gun show daddeh an’ he gun hab bigges’ heawt happies!!!” He announced to no one in particular.

“Huu huu!” a voice came from the other side of the bushes.

“Who am dat?” Champ chirped out.

“Hewp! Fwuffie am stuck!” a mare called out.

Champ pushed through the bush to inspect the source of distress. It was a pretty Pink and Purple mare with a pointy and a weird cone around her neck that got caught in the bush.

“Hewwo! Name am Champ! Fwuffeh nee’ hewp?” He confirmed.

“Yus! Yus! Pwissie wun way fwom meanie mummah! Buh dummeh cohwn get stuck in bwanchies!”

Champ circled her a few times, examining her trap and then pulled backwards on a strap in her cone keeping it tight on her neck. She kept pulling backwards and her cone came free.

“Dank yuu bebbeh! Pwissie am suu happies nao!”

Champ chirped back “Yuu am wewcome! Wan shawe nummies!?”

“Pwissie wub nummies!” She exclaimed, swishing her tail excitedly at the thought of free food.

Champ led her back to the Truffle he found. “Yus dis am bestest nummie!” recognizing the smell from her mummah’s kitchen.

“Wai babbeh aww awone?” Pricilla asked, savoring the smell of the truffle too much to bite into it.

The colt puffed out his chest with pride “Champ am Spowin babbeh! Daddeh wet bebbeh spwowe!”

Pricilla tapped her hooves together happily. “Pwissie hab pwetty yewwow spwowin bebbeh… buh… buh … meanie man gib bebbeh wowtest squishies an bebbeh gu fowebah sweepies!” Her happy demeanor descended into sadness as the trauma of losing her first foal came rushing back.

Champ watched as the mare cried and rushed up to give her a hug. “It am otay! Nu cwie pwease! Nu am meanie mans hewe in pawk! Onwy gud mummahs an daddehs!”

Pricilla nuzzled into the kind colt comforting her, her nose sinking into his fluff. He was the perfect role model for a little colt or filly. She would have really loved for her foals to have met him. Wait…. Sniff

Sniff Sniff

SniffSniffSniff

“MUNSTAH!” Pricilla recoiled from the colt, kicking him away. “Yu am munstah man bebbeh! Nu huwt Pwissiwwa!”

Champ was confused. “Nu am munstah! Nu saddies! Champ jus wan gib huggies!” He slowly approached the mare again hoping to comfort her.

“Nuu! Stay way!” She rammed her head towards him, feeling her horn connect with something soft.

“Wowstest Owies! Daddeh hewp!” Champ chirped out.

As Pricilla pulled away she saw Champ standing there confused. Booboo juice soaked his neck fluff as it gushed out. He swayed and stumbled backwards tripping over the hole he dug and fell.

“Bebbeh? Pwissie sowwy! Nu mean tu gib bebbeh huwties!” She ran back to the foal and began hugging it tightly, huggies would make everything better.

She began sobbing as Champ grew weaker and weaker in her hooves. “Pwissie am sowwy! Su su sowwy! Pwissie am bad mummah! Gib bebbeh wowstest huwties! Pwissiwwa am wowstest mummah ebah!”

As she looked down at Champ breathing heavily, he looked past her, trying to raise his hooves. He mouthed a single word “daddeh…”

Turning around to look up, Pricilla saw the munstah man standing over her. She backed away in terror.

Chad looked down at Champ. Lying on his side, soaked in blood and staring silently into his eyes with a mixture of fear and love.

Chad was standing in his family farm over his childhood dog again. A mountain lion had gotten into the sheep and Champ fought it off. The big cat had swiped his throat and by the time they found him he was laying in a pool of his own blood, breathing slowly and heavily. Staring silently up at Chad with love in his eyes knowing that death was coming. They never caught the mountain lion.

Chad snapped back to the present.

“Pwissiwwa suu sowwy! Nu mean tu! Pwease nu huwt! Su sowwy! Su sowwy!”

Stephanie found Pricilla hours later. Stiff and cold. Her horn was snapped off, her legs were ripped off, Her wings shoved down her throat. she lay in a pool of blood that was too much for a single fluff.

21 Likes

I love 'sploring babbahs! Poor Champ! ;-;

5 Likes

May cham be 'spwowin on skettiland with squeaky’s Reddy.

Fuck Priscilla, fuck her with an anchor…

4 Likes

The typical irresponsible mayor who wanted babies, but didn’t realize that babies aren’t toys they’re responsibility. Keep up the good work, man.

3 Likes

Poor Champ. He was a good fluffy. Priscilla, otoh…

Poor Chad. I’ve been there. It sucks beyond anything.

2 Likes

I tried to write Pricilla sympathetically. She kinda had the world conspiring against her and her entire world collapsed on her in an instant moment.

She was grieving the horrific intentional deaths of her children at the hands of her mother figure and a boogeyman.

1 Like

god out of the two the real monster Priscilla’s owner who selfish actions ruin to innocent beings plus that of the lives of newborns brought by selfish desire and ended by a cold-hearted bitch

2 Likes

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for Priscilla, she suffered the loss of her babies, but she was also very stubborn, and what she did to champ is not justified for me, but well, I don’t like alicorns, they elevated them so much that every now and then I like to see them be selfish and get what they deserve.

3 Likes

What did surprise me was that he made a lovely baby explorer I fell in love with champ,and I was saddened by his death ,I hope he is with the shepard ,running and playing .

2 Likes

Grief or not, she murdered a child because of who his father was.

2 Likes

More like manslaughter than murder. She was acting defensively with the mental faculties of a sheltered child.

Champ

Utterly cursed name for a fluffy

2 Likes

Well maybe Pricilla shouldn’t have ran off to get knocked up, TWICE

1 Like

She was grown-up enough to get knocked up twice and try for a third. Then, even manslaughter is a crime.

Her mom let her run around a fluffy park unsupervised and unfixed.

And I didn’t make it clear but was already pregnant the second time before she lost her first litter. She didnt run and get knocked up right after tragically losing all her foals.

1 Like

Yea but intent is a big part. She fucked up but you cant give a toddler a gun and expect it to go well.

I strongly imagine unicorns and alicorns regular injure other fluffies by accident with their horns because they don’t really understand how dangerous they can be.

1 Like

Gotcha. Still, she’s a hypocrite. She wants babbehs, but killed someone else’s because of his father. Mental illness is a factor, not justification.

(I’ve spent too much time reading up on this stuff.)

The smell of Chad was giving her PTSD panick attacks.

She literally freaks out afterwards when she realized what she did and is apologizing to Champ and trying to fix his injury because she had only meant to push him away.

2 Likes

I agree with @ezpete,he did it unintentionally,but still,it’s a fluffie and I’ve seen worse things done to them for less than that.

2 Likes

Sorry I was in “abuse mode” not “literary analysis mode”. Now that I am I wanted to know how Chad went from loving a fluffy to full scorched earth, even with the incident with Pricilla it’s a hell of a leap

3 Likes