Chonky in Wolfram_Sparks Style (by Booperino)

Fun fact! The idea of Chonky came after i read @wolfram_sparks Caring for a Pillowfluff (by: Wolfram_Sparks)
I think i was so heartbroken with the last panel that i wanted to make my own pillow fluffy and give her a happy life to cope with my own feelings after reading heh.
So here my attempt of drawing chonky in a wolfram-like style and the pillowfluff of that comic in my style

40 Likes

Feels good to see another sad story getting a happy ending. :blush:

4 Likes

My current conspiracy theory is that Booperino is copying other artists’ styles in a covert attempt, given the rate at which they produce content, to eventually take over the entire site and do everything by themself.

10 Likes

OH CRAP I BEEN FOUND OUT

10 Likes

“He jumped out the window, there’s no way he survived that.”

5o76ge

8 Likes

intention was less a “ending fix” and more just a cute homage to the character who inspired me to create chonky :slight_smile: i know the original pillow has a much less pleasant fate so think of this more an alt universe at most lol

3 Likes

Circles

1 Like

Landing on stairs with all that momentum and just shrugging it off like that? Jesus, is that video even real?

1 Like

Probably, when it comes to parkour, there is nothing those people can do.

1 Like

Ehhh, dunno about that. I’ve seen a fair share of parkour videos, and been jumping for a long time. It just doesn’t make sense. If he was landing on even ground, that height would definitely be possible, possibly without a safety roll with strong ankles. But on stairs? One foot has to go lower, which means the other has to take most of the impact, and the balance at the moment of landing is skewed as well.

1 Like

maybe its from a movie

1 Like

Came for Boop.

Stayed for physics problem.

1 Like

I went over it frame by frame, and I think you’re right. Something is off. It looks like the feet land on the railing, and then there is a possible jumpcut.

Frames

frame_38_delay-0.1s
frame_39_delay-0.1s
frame_40_delay-0.1s
frame_41_delay-0.1s
frame_42_delay-0.1s
frame_43_delay-0.1s

2 Likes

That’s what I thought! Landings usually look way cleaner, and blurring and sharp turns are often used to hide the cuts.

1 Like