Corkboard notes -- RQ

Never said that.

Never said that.

Never said that

And never said that.
You’re literally getting mad at some non-existent person at this point. I’m not able to argue on behalf of this strawman you keep trying to build, because I’m not saying any of that. Are you “triggered” or something? Is that your reasoning? I don’t know, m8, that’s your thing one way or another.
Again, I’m not saying anything about the art (not that being art makes something above criticism), I’m talking about a single hypocritical comment, and now you’re turning that comment into this grand iconoclastic manifesto.

And+you+can+have+a+bigger+or+smaller+countably+infinite+_14d0fcb48b5ebc25ca11ffd1511c3691
Something, something, propaganda, something something. I’m drawing the line at going in circles with you about literal unfiltered politics.
I’m smack-dab in the middle of the Bible Belt too, the Christians don’t like me at fucking all either, but I’m not going to screech conspiracy theories about them “strip[ping] basic rights from [me]” and I’m not going to play that game with you, especially when all you’ve done is strawman the whole time. I think we’ve already made a mess of 80% of the comment section, anyway, and the website is literally telling me to let someone else have a turn, lol.
I’ma go now. It’s been a fucking trip, m8. Have a nice fucking day.

1 Like

Didn’t know it was considered “strawmanning” to follow a line of reasoning, but I guess if you’re delusional enough to think Evangelical Christians are harmless you can believe basically anything. Sorry for treating your argument like an argument instead of the pointless tantrum it clearly was.

Go simp for the Christians more. They love that shit.

Don’t forget the lumps - better pin them to the board!

2 Likes

Getting into a long argument about politics and religion on a site about tiny fuzzy pony abominations getting stomped to death is kinda funny to me ngl

I happen to be one of those “conservative christians” myself so there’s that lol

Church being at the bottom of the list is such a stark contrast its perfect

Congratulations. Y’all are about the only demographic getting what you want right now. Shame so much of it comes at the expense of women and trans people.

Politics is everywhere. This is an art site, so we’re gonna have some of that sprinkled all over. Besides, the guys who made it into an argument were some overly sensitive Christian who didn’t like his religion being depicted as hypocritical and a well known (albeit quite talented) troll. I’m just autistic and obnoxious enough to oblige is all.

Congratulations. Y’all are about the only demographic getting what you want right now. Shame so much of it comes at the expense of women and trans people.

Yeah we’re totally living in The HandMaiden’s Tale

Politics is everywhere. This is an art site, so we’re gonna have some of that sprinkled all over.

Oh I get that, I just find it funny is all. I don’t think that guy is a Christian tho

Personally though I kinda found this piece funny

Do you automatically think less of people or dislike them if they happen to be Christian

I mean you overturned Roe and multiple states are actively passing pointlessly cruel anti-trans legislation but sure everything’s fine since it’s not literally a Margaret Atwood novel.

Not sure why you’d assume Qwerty isn’t a Christian, the perceived slight against Christianity was what put a bee in his bonnet.

No. I don’t automatically think less of someone for their religious beliefs. I’ve just known a whole lot of Christians and the vast majority I’ve met haven’t exactly given me a positive impression of the overall flock, so to speak. Always crowing on about sin and degeneracy and how marriage belongs exclusively to them.

So yeah, when someone describes themselves as specifically a “conservative christian,” I react negatively. I know plenty of decent Christians.

Never met a good conservative one in person. The stuff Jesus preached is incompatible with such a Reactionary worldview.

Not sure why you’d assume Qwerty isn’t a Christian, the perceived slight against Christianity was what put a bee in his bonnet.

He said “I’m smack-dab in the middle of the Bible Belt too, the Christians don’t like me at fucking all either,”

No. I don’t automatically think less of someone for their religious beliefs. I’ve just known a whole lot of Christians and the vast majority I’ve met haven’t exactly given me a positive impression of the overall flock, so to speak.

Eh I understand, my sister got ostracized in school once for throwing a halloween party

Always crowing on about sin and degeneracy and how marriage belongs exclusively to them.

I think a good compromise would be to just say that “State Marriage” and “Biblical Marriage” can be two separate things. I don’t really mind the whole idea of gay marriage

With that out of the way, I think political discussions might be against the rules of this website, so we should probably just drop this now.

Nope! Just unproductive ranting. Politics are a-okay.

He can say “the Christians don’t like me either” but it doesn’t offset the fact that his complaints and criticisms sure seem to be coming from a Conservative Christian POV. I can say I think fluffies are boring and I hate writing them, but I don’t exactly conduct myself in a way that would lend credibility to that statement.

because the whole “just accept Jesus and you get into Heaven” thing the Protestants have going on sounds like a cheat code to me.

Thats the beauty of God’s mercy

(not my mercy)

“Empathy” is a meaningless buzzword these days

Up up, down down, left right left right, praise Jesus, B A Start.

Now he can die for your sins thirty times.

Next time nail him on a cross instead