Cow Fluffs (ESF)

Inspired by Beast’s cow subspecies!

The lore is… iffy, to say the least, but these are all “premium meat fluffies”. They contain cow DNA, but that doesn’t magically give them the colors and patterns of the cows - the patterns in this image are selectively bred for them to look more like the cows they are meant to represent.
(The cow DNA does alter their musculature, tails, ears, etc though - they are certainly more fit for meat production than a standard fluffy.)

These fluffies cost around 200$ apiece, but this varies depending on breed. For example, a Belgian Blue or Brahman fluffy will cost much more than an Angus or Hereford. They’re generally professionally bred, not your average street or fluffmart grab.

If you want to adopt these fluffies as characters, they’re also up for adoption, though they weren’t drawn with that in mind. I’m keeping the Hereford.
(I can provide a bit of personality for them if you want more info)

46 Likes

They all look amazing! Happy my piece can inspire others

6 Likes

Misread that as ‘Belgian Glue’

4 Likes

Give it a few years and he will be.

6 Likes

Squee? Squee! So very squee!

4 Likes

Want the whole lot for my farm, load them up. Lol

These are absolutely adorable and would love a couple if possible. I have a soft spot for fluffalo and these give me the same warm feeling.

3 Likes

Sure! Let me know which you’d like, as long as they aren’t the Hereford.

3 Likes

Which are male and female? Besides the two obvious females. (Simmental and Shorthorn)

1 Like

Nice.
Are adoptable?!?
Can I have Simental? thanks :wink:

3 Likes

I messaged them asking for Simmental and Angus.

But I’ll take the Shorthorn instead so you can have the Simmental. :heart:

2 Likes

Finally, some actually respectable, cute-looking fluffies. Not neon-coloured talking-ersatz-soft-toy abominations.

4 Likes

Sorry for the late reply!
Angus, Limousin, Belgian Blue, Hereford are male. Simmental, Shorthorn, Brahman and Charolais are female.
@Aurix you can have the Shorthorn and Angus if you’d like and @Pinkyfluffy can have the Simmental! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, I love Charolais but am not fond of the idea of mainstream Fluffy meat consumption in the first world beyond the limitless gourmands that eat live octopus and dog meat and the like.
Plus none of my characters would be shelling out that much for a Fluffy unless it was an efficient source of milk of Foals.

I know cows deemed unfit for consumption by humans due to various issues are often sold for practically nothing for dog food, and sometimes donated to shelters in the case of smalltime operations if the cow is not a danger due to disease or something.

How industrialized is the scale? How useful would they be for consistent milking compared to a standard Fluffy?

2 Likes

I wanna make a strawberry cow fluffy

4 Likes

To my knowledge Charolais cows are a specialized meat breed, but Charolais fluffies (along with all cow fluffies) would have a much higher milk yield than a standard fluffy. However, a Charolais fluffy wouldn’t have a milk yield /as/ high as a specialized milk cow fluffy.

I imagine that, at least in my universe, there are very few “fluffy farms” where genetically modified fluffies are bred for milk and meat. It’s a super specialized process and there are maybe 15 industrial farms throughout the entire US. Cow fluffies are moreso bred as a novelty for real cattle farmers, urban folk who want to have a “little cow”, et cetera.

I imagine a possible scenario where an urbanite purchases a cow fluffy for the aesthetic appeal and has to give it up due to different care needs (special feed, more free roam time, larger fluffy in general).

All that said, if you adopt the fluffy you can do whatever you want with it and totally change the lore if you’d like, I’m not all that protective of these designs !

4 Likes

I’d like to get the Charolais then if you don’t mind. She’d be useful for Simple Creatures.

2 Likes

She’s yours!

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

How many are we allowed to adopt at a time? I’m interested in three of them, but I don’t want to take too many.

2 Likes

I had the same issue. :sweat_smile:

1 Like