Crazystein meets Tumbly (Author: Oculus, with cover art by EmotionalSupportFluffy)

crazystein tribute

Crazystein meets Tumbly

A tribute to Squeakyfriend’s Crazystein

By Oculus

Featuring cover art by EmotionalSupportFluffy

~

Doctor Crazystein is a scientist. Doctor Crazystein is the smartest fluffy in the world!

He is a genius, a great inventor and a good doctor. For any problem there is, Crazystein is able to solve it!

One day, Crazystein wanted to fly. With his big brain, Crazystein was able to invent a helicopter!

Tumbly was sad. Ever since he was a baby, Tumbly had no legs. Tumbly can roll, and is happy to roll.

But Tumbly wishes he could jump. Tumbly wishes he could dance. Tumbly wishes he could play games like hoofball and hop-scotch.

One day, Tumbly sees Crazystein. Tumbly is amazed to see a fluffy that was flying!

Crazystein lands his copter, and walks up to Tumbly. He asks Tumbly, “Why hab saddies, fwen?”

“Tumbwy hab nu weggies,” sniffs, Tumbly, “Tumwby nu can hab weggies. Tumbwy wan hab bestest dancies! Tumbwy wan pway hoofbaww!”

Crazystein started to think, long and hard. Suddenly, he had an idea!

Tumbly was scared. Tumbly was on a bed, and Crazystein had a bunch of spare legs with him.

But what was scaring Tumbly was not the spare legs. It was the thumb tacks! There was lot of them, and they were all pointy and sharp!

“Behowd! A tumbwy fwuff becomes a wawky fwuff!” yelled out Crazystein. He was sure this plan was going to work! He had seen thumb tacks work on walls and paper!

“Nuuu,” cried Tumbly, as he pointed out, “shawpies wiww gib huwties!”

Crazystein started to think again. Tumbly was right, using the thumb-tacks would hurt Tumbly, even if they could fix the legs together.

Then Crazystein had a new idea! He rushes to his first-aid kit, and brings out all of his special band-aids!

Crazystein slowly applies each spare leg to Tumbly, then presses the band-aid on each of them. These were special band-aids, which had worked for all kinds of occasions!

“Tumbwy can wawk! Tumbwy can wawk!” cried out Tumbly, as he started to move about with his new legs!

“Tumbwy can have bestest dancies!” yelled Tumbly, as he stood on his two back legs.

But alas! The band-aid came off, and two of those legs dropped. Tumbly bent down to get his two other legs, and those two other legs came off.

Crazystein started to think. He rushed to his lab, and brought out, a set of four wheels! Attaching them to Tumbly with duct tape, Tumbly was now able to move again! And fast!

“Zoom zoom!” cried Tumbly in joy. “Fastest zoomies!”

But Tumbly stopped for a while. Even though he could move faster on wheels, Tumbly not dance like all the pretty mares could. Looking down to the ground again, Tumbly noted, “Tumbwy hab saddies again.”

Crazystein had one more idea in his mind. He brings out his secret project, his biggest and most special invention ever!

The BFG (Big, friendly and gigantic) Robot Suit!

Tumbly gasps in amazement as he sees the giant suit in front of him. With his special helicopter, Crazystein brings Tumbly all the way up to the top of the suit, and places Tumbly in it.

Now, Tumbly can walk! Tumbly can dance! Tumbly can fly!

Fly, very, VERY fast!

Tumbly now has missles! And guns! Pew pew boom boom!

But then, the BFG suit stopped moving. Tumbly was a bit puzzled.

“Oh no,” cried Crazystein, as he realized, “wobot hab nu moar powah.”

Tumbly felt sad. With everything not working, Tumbly started to cry.

But then, Crazystein started to carry Tumbly on his back. Tumbly was a bit surprised, and was wondering why the doctor was doing this.

“Doctah knu, tumbwy wan go for dancie baww next’ bwight time, wite?”

And Tumbly was shocked. He never told Crazystein why he wanted a set of legs.

“It am otay. Doctah wiww be Tumbwy’s weggies nex’ bwite time.”

And Tumbly smiled, shedding a tear of joy.

The next day was the big Dance Ball in the Town Hall. Almost every fluffy that was any fluffy was there. And, both Tumbly and Crazystein were there, in their Sunday best!

And it was time to dance. Upon cue, Tumbly got on Crazystein’s back, as Tumbly danced with some of the mares in the hall.

That night, Crazystein won the dance competition, as he was the one doing the actual dancing. But he gave it to Tumbly, saying “Doctah nu cawe for dancies, onwy cawe dat fwen hab biggest happies!”

And Tumbly was happy too, for he made a new and good friend that week.

24 Likes

Looks like I was able to manage one more entry for the Theme Week. One other artist I also wanted to pay tribute to for the current theme week was @SqueakyFriend , as I am a big fan of his character, Doctor Crazystein. This entry may feel simplistic, but thats because I was emulating the style Squeakyfriend used for “The Unicorn who Flew”, which a bedtime story he actually penned and illustrated for the booru.

The cover art for this piece was done by @emotionalsupportfluffy last year. I was struggling to think of an ideal story to write as a tribute for the character and artist, but then this old commission from ESF sort of gave me a spark for this tribute. And lastly, Tumbly belongs to @Muffin though his characterization in this story is different from how he is canonically.

6 Likes

This is definitely a different interpretation of the Tumbly we know and love! It’s the kind of story that I can imagine the teachers at fluffy daycare reading out to a class of fluffies, who would be giggling and gasping at each twist and turn of the wonderful tale.

6 Likes

The BFG was fantastic! I did imagine it being drawn by @Eded_ted though!

3 Likes

wholesome lil story, like Carpdime said it really got a fairytale feel to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Carpdime @Booperino Thanks guys. This is kind of my first time writing a children’s story, and its definitely different from writing more “grown-up” stories.

1 Like