Cruel Damnation - Comics- (Cmss for RandomAirPeople) (InfraredTurbine)

Yup…im still gonna need to stomp that fucker’s balls and rip his legs and thrown him to the hungry enfing wanting stallions :laughing::smiling_imp:

Keep up the good work :+1:

2 Likes

Turbine and I got something super super dark in the works. I always wanted to explore the cold and detached world of Industrial Abuse…

3 Likes

actually we showed that fluffies sometimes just don’t care about others over their own necessities. sometimes they are just assholes. There is no intention to ruffle feathers, just illustrating a story of them being assholes xD nothing here is personal

5 Likes

Lol then lets see that Fallen Magic! I may leave this as a stand alone, but I’m never gonna stop people from making their alternate realities. End of the day I don’t own fluffies and to be honest, I wouldn’t want too. It would take away from the creativity of this fandom for one person to have total and final say over every little thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s being a selfish asshole and then there’s being an infanticidal rapist.

This is a great comic. I’m just saying it feels much more like a hategoats parody as opposed to anything a smarty would actually do. In fact, it’s so over the top evil I’d consider this more a weirdbox (mainly cuz the absurdity made me laugh :joy: )over abuse or sadbox. That doesn’t change the quality of the comic. It’s great. I’m just giving my reactions.

3 Likes

oh yeah I know, sorry xD not complaining

2 Likes

I reject a lot of the Hell Gremlin vs Fluffy school of thought when I write, because I personally believe that its really splitting hairs and tries too hard to dictate the loose canon. I believe that fluffies are generally individualistic and their personalities and moral ethics can range wildly. Fluffies I don’t think necessarily have a set code of ethics or particularly a strong moral grounding and when left to their own devices with their limited intelligence, can really go in any direction. This is why a lot of my stories , fluffies that are bad can be a bit extreme. In Kyle’s case He comes from a station of privilege ( An S Rank Quality Stallion, an enabling daddy who dotes on him and never bothered to train him, as well as Kyle is on the smarter side of being a Unicorn).

In the case of Kyle and why he is so evil, I wanted to illustrate a story of just abject cruelty. Kyle has everything going for him and is generally a destructive brat. He felt entitled to enfies from that mare, viewing her as an object for a quick release; and saw her foals as simply an obstacle in his way. Although to us it is pure evil (infanticide) the babies for Kyle were just objects in the way of getting what he wants ‘Gud-Feews’. Kyle got his way and was able to dodge complete responsibility for how he ruined her life. In real life there are so many stories of people who get away with completely fucking peoples lives over, this is a reflection of that. Its actually an interesting social phenomenon, how easily we are willing to forgive or ignore bad behavior by our “social superiors”.

I more so felt the need to explain, because I get that sometimes my villains can go too far or go to bad extremes. However, there is always a point as to why. I try and be deliberate in story writing, as much as I can be. Also I think everyone can Agree, Kyle was the perfect name for this Smarty.

5 Likes

I totally get that. And I understand headcannons with intense smarties. It’s just

1. The entire world is out to kill fluffies. So fluffy-on-fluffy cruelty is usually only done for shock factor, as there are a nigh infinite amount of ways for fluffy suffering without smarties. Though the injustice of a smarty getting away with it karma free is oddly satisfying and

2. Don’t take this the wrong way, but Kyle is SO evil it’s more funny and endearing. Like he has the heart and soul of Ted Bundy but the only things he could possibly harm are fluffies. And I don’t care about those. Kyle would get his shit kicked in if he tried anything on a real animal or human. So you wind up with this cartoonishly evil Ed Gein wanna be plush toy who rapes and murders, but only other toys. It just comes off as funny to me. And maybe that’s what you were going for.

My tl;dr is just fluffies are so pathetic and any number of things can threaten a fluffies well being, so fluffy centric villains kinda feel like a gag or a gimmick.

But I didn’t know this comic was based on a story. I’ll have to read it and see if it doesn’t change my mind. :+1:

5 Likes

Its not based on any specific story, I just did the writing for the character and the flow of events while Turbine did the artwork. Though if you do want to see some of the writing I’ve done, I brought over my “A Heart of Darkness” story over to this website. It is nearly done, only a few chapter’s left.

1. It wasn’t explicitly done for shock value, like I said earlier it was to illustrate cruelty we see in our own world. The world is a dangerous place for man’s failed attempt at playing god and there are many ways for fluffies to die or suffer. In the case with stories I write, I try to focus on the psychological impacts and the social dynamics of characters. I’m a huge fan of George Romero’s zombie flicks, the very reason being that the Zombies aren’t the true villains of the movies. They are merely an external force, that brings out the darkness in desperate people. The horror comes not from a decomposing corpse, but people willing to throw each other under the bus in a stressful situation. The Concept of a Smarty (a pack alpha) gives many opportunities to work with hierarchal dynamics, group think, and complicity in crime; which I find very interesting.

2. I’m surprised you found him so evil that its over-the-top and near comical. If anything I don’t think Kyle is much like Ed Gein or Ted Bundy, I think to an extent he doesn’t view what he is doing as explicitly wrong. I think its a mix of being a spoiled brat and a psychopath. Kyle most definitely can’t relate to the mare or the now dead foals, but I think to an extent he probably saw it as “opportunity to relieve a fluffy boner” vs a compulsion to murder and rape. He’s so simple it came down to “Kyuw Wan Enfies, Mawe Say Nu, Nuu Maw say Nuu to Kyuw! Mawe - Dummeh Babbehs = Gu Feews”.

I think Fluffy centric villains can be played well, depending on how their written and what the story is attempting to convey. Though I suppose it be like that sometimes.

4 Likes

I appreciate both your positions. Thank you for the long, well thought out posts.

2 Likes

Usually it attempts to covey “fluffies are evil, and thats it”
I can see from here that Kyle is a different case tho

3 Likes

Why do you say thank you so often?

1 Like

Personally I think that is lazy writing, to leave it simply as evil for no reason at all. Like even my antagonist smarty in, A Heart of Darkness; isn’t outright evil. He’s a smarty of a herd that has had insane luck in survival, and just keeps sticking to what he knows. Land = Valuable, The Herd is top priority, and everyone else is competition that needs to be removed. His decision to murder three of the babies and maim/rape the surviving one, was done explicitly to spite Chris who he see’s as his “herd’s” smarty. Although from the reader’s perspective he is Genghis Kahn, in his herd’s eyes he is a fearless hero.

A fluffy villain can be well done, if you build them from the ground up with intent.

2 Likes

Yeah. I think knowing assume of the cases mentioned helps. If anything, one could simply say, “those who are the most distant/protected from the consequences for their actions for others may not consider or care about them.”

3 Likes

Good question. Uhm … I’m not sure if I’d look to my mother’s British-ness (she’s from there), my dad’s family (2nd and 3rd generation Okinawan), or having a lot of exposure to Japanese growing up here in Hawai’i.

At this point it’s pretty well ingrained given I’m middle aged.

3 Likes

I say this is just what happens when you use a litterpal. Turns your fluffs into the worst and diseases your home.

4 Likes

It’s an enfie pal, but your logic holds. If anything, it helps partly explain the entitlement.

2 Likes

Time for a late fluffy abortion

2 Likes

“Look at them and hate them” :sleeping:

1 Like

Good point. That story at the end pisses me off so much.

1 Like