Cruel Reality 1: Cruel Necessity (By GreaverBlade)

Next>>

73 Likes

I say continue, make it sadder.

Have the stallion come back and wonder why there are only three babies. And why does his special friend have blood around her mouth

14 Likes

You say that like the special friend is still alive to come back.

4 Likes

Why have him die off panel when he can get bisected horrifically in front of his mate

5 Likes

How do you think she’s going to find him?

1 Like

I was thinking more so he arrives with basically nothing to eat and from some external force he’s killed in front of them. Maybe a dramatic car crash and a stray tire smashes him, as well as tainting the food in his remains.

3 Likes

“Hab wetuwned Speciaw-fwiend, and hab bestest nummies. Dey cawwed Si-ah-nide casuwes”

4 Likes

That’s fuckin good lol, definitely something like this

1 Like

Or he comes back with someone who’s obvious to the audience as an Abuser, but fluffies can’t tell.

1 Like

“Hello there, I’m Dr Josef Mongola, and I’m your new owner.”

“Wai Fwuffy heaw da aww-dee-ence booing?”

6 Likes

Well, you just inspired a new story I’m going to write.

2 Likes

You can really punch up the crying visual in the last panel by giving the fluff under her eyes a darker shade, to make it look like it’s soaked with tears. The addition of the first panel to set up the foal’s death is also a great move.

3 Likes

record scratch

“Yep, dats fwuffy, ‘ou pwobabwy wondewin’ how fwuffy got hewe”

3 Likes

Oh! I like that idea! I need to play with shading more, and that’s an excellent suggestion.

2 Likes

Man, The Emperor’s New Groove was such a good-dumb movie.

Not relevant at all, you just happened to remind me of the narration joke at the beginning and middle of the movie.

I once listened to a YouTube video detailing the creation of the movie, and apparently it was meant to be much different and more serious.

2 Likes

I’m a sucker for that kind of stuff, if you could pm me the link I’d be appreciative lol, sounds very interesting.

I enjoyed the movie a ton.

Speaking of unrelated things, I’ve been enjoying the lost Shrek media to hard been coming out.

Ah, the Greek chorus of the foals, perpetually calling for miwkies.
The Special Friend was gone for what? 10 minutes?

With all the ideas for how to make it darker and sadder, I’d just like to have a quick reminder not to go overboard!

If you do something like have the special friend arrive with food, break up with the mare out of horror at her eating a foal, then get killed by a car as he’s running away from her … It stops being sad because that’s so much contrived trauma it just becomes comedic. Like those soap operas where four or so traumatic events happen simultaneously.

Incidentally, I love how her other foals hear what is presumably the crunch of their sibling being eaten and instantly perk up like “Milk time?”

I have the whole thing planned out. Don’t worry, I intend to keep it sad, and not an absurdity of sadness.

The art is good and simple. I like the plot and the writing names sense. Great work!