Curable Vs. Incurable Smarty Complex Headcanons (Star-The-Alicorn)

The “Smarty Complex”, as dubbed by humans, has 2 types; Curable and incurable. Curable Smarty Complex can be treated, and can even go away permanently if the fluffy’s owner is on top of discipline. Incurable Smarty Complex can never go away, the fluffy will never change.

Curable

Curable Smarty Complex is a flaw in the fluffy’s personality. The fluffy may have been raised to think that is the best, the leader, etc.

Usually, this kind of complex can be diagnosed at home. The fluffy, after acting out, will feel guilty and regret it’s actions after being punished for them. They learn, and actively make an effort to change for the better.

Usually, things such as scolding, the sorry box, or grounding from toys does not work. The fluffy will not listen to words or reason while acting out. Physical punishment such as the sorry stick can help the fluffy snap out of its aggression and learn that actions have consequences.

If the Smarty Complex completely goes away, they’re just like any other fluffy: Empathetic, sweet, and fearful of violence. If left untreated, the complex may go into it’s more serious stage: Incurable.

Incurable

Incurable Smarty Complex never ever goes away. It’s a permanent aggression within the fluffy, ingrained into their very DNA. Foals they have may develop a temporary curable smarty complex.

This kind of complex needs a fluffy psychiatrist in order to be diagnosed, as it is far more serious. The fluffy will never feel sorry for its actions after being punished, and may even do them again to get back at you for punishing them. They do not learn, and are permanently aggressive, manipulative and cruel.

No punishment ever treats this complex. No matter how painful, abusive or awful. It is best to either have the fluffy put down (These kinds of fluffies are dangerous to other fluffies, pets and small children) or have it put in a shelter specifically for fluffies with incurable smarty complex. None of those fluffies are adoptable except by the employees.

10 Likes

In my head canon, due to immense levels of false information pushed through media and Hasbio itself, smarty syndrome is labeled as incurable, though in reality it’s due to a fluffy being either spoiled and told they are the best, usually arising from a bestest babbeh, or a much milder form that simply arises from a fluffy taking charge over a herd. However, due to the abundance of misinformation and lack of understanding of fluffies as a whole, both types are labeled as incurable and immediate euthanasia is the only recommendation given, despite both being treatable, but type one takes more effort to rectify.

7 Likes

Ah, so at that point, are fluffies with incurable smarty syndrome “hellgremlins?”

1 Like

I suppose so! It seems hellgremlin-ish.
It sort of reminds me of one of my pet roosters, a tiny aggressive spawn of Satan who likes to kick me in the shins whenever he sees me. I’m not sure he’ll ever calm down.
But these headcanons are on the older side. I’m not too sure if these apply to my version of fluffies anymore.

1 Like