*DISCUSSION* The fluffy ratio and what is and isn't a fluffy.

I disagree. Subspecies are not only a realistic extension of the universe, they provide new avenues to explore while still remaining fluffy-centric. The only rules I would add is that any new fluff-species needs to be heavily discussed and scrutinized, not everyone is able to come up with something sensible, and it’s easy to run into OC territory, but by and large I am fond of the idea.

Before I joined the team, I wasn’t even subscribed to the anthro category. Wasn’t even aware they existed here. My point being, there’s a good percentage here that might not be fans, but we have them as a separate category and you legit don’t even have to interact with it if you don’t want to.

Anthros are in so far okay as to clearly state that it’s on some level parody material, and for that reason alone I’m against removing them outright. They aren’t “fluffies”, they should never be considered “fluffies”, and they are only acceptable in the Non-fluffy category of the website. If necessary we will make a category exclusively for anthro, but for the time being that’s my stance on the situation.

This is a genuinely good point raised. We have a strict “non-human violence” rule in place. If anyone chooses to draw anthro, then for all intents and purposes, that’s considered a human in my eyes. And by extension, if you draw anthro, violence should be off the table.

I’m fairly certain we’ve listed similar things, but you are correct, something that’s universally identifying and can easily be called out on would cut down on anyone deviating from the norm. I like the proposed qualifiers. I think it’s easy to forget that all of us veterans know this by heart, but newcomers might not.

Excellent point that can be combined with the previous argument. If we have a unifying rule that either limits them by appearance or behavior, we’re pretty much set. Birdfluffies are an edge-case, they might alter the appearance of the fluffy too much, but if they’re still flightless like pegasi, it might be ruled okay.

I’m going to spend the day (once I’m done working) to make a couple of new groups, I think. Specifically, one for anthro. That will further help separate the content people want to see.

What this discussion has illustrated to me is that, at the core, people have issues with anthros and/or subspecies, but there’s also fervent supporters of them. To ban either is to alienate a portion of the website, and if we start resorting to that, it’ll open a can of worms of what will remain okay to exist.

This will also follow, as soon as I’m able. This list will also go into detail about some rules of subspecies.

4 Likes

Yes please, I realised I wasn’t seeing non-fluff content, and the fact that being in
controversial and non-fluffy at the same time exposes you to a big mess of Anthro titties was a bit of a shock. Being able to opt in and out of Anthro while still seeing Puffys and Deep-Sea Fluffs would be nice.

1 Like

We now have an “Anthro Fluffy” group that works akin to “Controversial”. By default, nobody’s in it. You have to opt-in, much like with any other group.

3 Likes

I maintain my above stated position:

Anthros Delenda Est.

I’ll settle, for now, for simply refusing to interact with any such content. Thank you for making it opt in so that shit is never within 500 feet of my fucking eyes.

1 Like

So I can be in Non-Fluffy without having to risk seeing and being grossed out by anthros now? Awesome!

3 Likes

Because sea fluffies are just fluffies, but in the water. They didn’t behave all that differently from your standard fluffies. They’re no stronger or smarter or more dangerous. They are just your average fluffies… but they live in the water.

People cant really decide if sea-fluffies is fish-like or mammal-like. Well it doesn’t really matter for sea-fluffies because what matter is that they live in the water.

Its because the goddamn creator of that subspecies added Hunting Friends to the wiki

Before the click there’s only like four to five hunting friends story. When the click bring in bunch of new bloods those people read the wiki, saw the hunting friend entry in the wiki, and made more Hunting Friends story/art thinking that its something popular/established in the community and not just Some One Guy OC.

4 Likes

What a loser. The wiki should’ve deleted his page.

I came from The Click too but I still know a Mary Sue/Gary Stu when I see one. Shame so many others apparently don’t.

1 Like

We were planning to hijack it and do a massive cleanup…
Didn’t go past the planning phase yet

3 Likes

Jellen are a topic the best writers rarely touch and they tend to be low-grade abuse stories. Personally, I wouldn’t miss a thing if there were never another Jellen post.

2 Likes

I think we need to limit it, or we could run into a form of the “Nazi Bar Problem” where low quality or heterodox content eventually starts driving away quality authors until the site has fundamentally changed.

In my headcanon, they’re just an amateur’s attempt at a biotoy. Desk pets that don’t really do anything.

Personally I try to avoid stories that put fluffies into horror/superhero/40k etc. settings. I don’t think they violate the “not fluffy enough” idea but they should have their own mutable category like anthro does.

As far as anthro, I think it is fine as long as the anthro is clearly a bio-toy type creation and the work isn’t soley about anthros dealing with other anthros. I don’t read the anthro stuff on this site though.

Stories that focus MUCH MUCH more on the relationships between humans are really just writing exercises with fluffies added as an afterthought.

Visually I don’t think I’ve seen many recent depictions of fluffies that didn’t look fluffy-like.

Oh yeah, I forgot to touch on sub-species: for the most part I think they are fine. Anything that still behaves mostly like a fluffy is still a fluffy, like aquatics, micros, whatever. The cannibal or flying/predator trope is pushing the line of what a fluffy is: a biotoy created for children (just as an anthro is a biotoy created for adults). Jellens are part of the parody/horror genre of fluff and aren’t going away.

You can mute the tags (and category in the case of Horrorbox) for these already. They just aren’t muted by default.

There’s still a lot of anthro posts in Non-Fluffy. Could you or another staff member move them please? I reported a few of them already but there’s tons more, unfortunately.

*wrong tag
Everything you just flaged had no anthro tag

1 Like

Okay, thanks.
Btw I just got done flagging the rest of them. (Sorry if I spammed you guys’ inboxes. :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

It’s okay. Thank you for finding the other half of them

1 Like

No problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So the art is still in non-fluffy, but anything with the tag “anthro” is only visible to those in the anthro group?

Just asking, wouldn’t it be nicer if “anthro” was it’s own category only visible to the anthro group?

That way anyone in the anthro group can enjoy non-fluffy for biotoy ideas and fluffy adjacent content without it being overshadowed by the massive amounts of anthro art.

Also, keeping the “anthro controversial” as a subcategory would be great.

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

Edit:

How about renaming non-fluffy to something like “fluffy-adjacient” and putting up some rules regarding posts over there?

If someone wants to share completely unrelated art, they can do so in chat conversations ( as long as it’s appropriate ) or in personal/shitposting category

Fluffy-adjacient would be for things like ideas for separate biotoys, character sheets maybe? And similar.

Anthro would then be for, well, anthro.
With an optional anthro controversial category so people who don’t want to see naked anthros don’t have to.

1 Like