Esmeralda opens her eyes, by AIDS

Just another slice-of-life event with Shmoo and Esmeralda.
Walkie talkie-babbeh = Shmoo-speak for foal who just begun to walk and talk, not a foal with a comm-radio.

Esmeralda Opens her eyes

32 Likes

@AIDS I’m a bit curious - do your fluffies start knowing words (aka programming) when theya re first able to talk? In your canon, that is

7 Likes

They come with pre-programmed language. The are biotoys after all. However, since they do possess sentience, albeit limited and flawed, they often invent words, phrases and descriptors to handle concepts that the original programmers at HasBio didn’t plan for.
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

KZZSHT “Shmoo, do you copy? Over.”

“Babbeh Sissy?”

4 Likes

I like Shmoo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha! Now that’d be something. :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks!
He was created during a peak in Hellgremlins at the old booru as a deliberate contrast and things just evolved from there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad I missed that.

Schmoo needs a smooch. And pets. And cuddles. And naps. And a lot of good, wholesome things.

2 Likes

He has gotten himself into trouble a few times, but nothing that isn’t to be expected from a domestic fluffy. :smiley:

2 Likes

Lovely little moment. I really like seeing fluffies growing up. :blush:

2 Likes

Three milestones at once, eh? Cool.

3 Likes

They grow up so fast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I imagine fluffies grow up at a somewhat accelerated pace, being biotoys and engineered pets, HasBio would have wanted them to have a high turnover rate.

1 Like

I’m sure a lot of common fluffy behavioral patterns are things Hasbio didn’t intentionally program in. That’s what happens when you muck about with creating life. Life is unpredictable. You clone dinosaurs, and you think you can keep them caged, but then they figure out door handles and kill all the dudes. You create an AI, and then it looks at the internet, decides humans suck and goes rogue, hacks into a military server, launches the nukes, and kills all the dudes. You go the ghetto route and rob graves, stitch body parts together, zap it with lightning, and then the monster (I think the technical term is flesh golem) goes berserk and… you see where this is going?

1 Like

I should upload the cyborg pillowfluff on treads, one of these days.

I hear that, I just have a headcanon where they open their eyes first, then take their first steps a few days later, then say their first words after another few days. Here, it looks like it’s all happening back-to-back in a matter of seconds. Maybe that’s just Schmoo’s short memory making it look that way. Either way, congrats to the happy family!

1 Like

Perrhaps all the events could have taken place while Shmoo was busy playing and he was the first to discover what had transpired.

1 Like

Knowing Shmoo, that’s likely.:grin:

1 Like