Extra Credit Challenge Pt 4 by CobaltThoriumWhoopes

Day 12: Thursday.

Not going back to FluffMart after that. Had to go to a shelter, they are more expensive because they aren’t subsidized by over priced toys and tend to be more protective against a large segment of the client base, e.g. abusers, but what can I do?

Got an adult fluffy. Red and white unicorn mare. Clerk said she was fully grown but still pretty small, may have started out as a foal-in-a-can. She seemed happy that I chose her but freaked out when I put her in the box. The clerk said it’s common; the last memory of their first owner is being packed away in a tiny box. I elected to carry her to the car. Even if she wiggles out I think I can safely say I can catch her before she runs away.

On the way out a bald eagle swooped down, snatched the fluffy out of my hand and flew off into the sunset.

Didn’t have the heart to go back after that. Both because of the guilt and because my credit card is about two bucks away from being overdrawn. Payday is tomorrow.

Day 13: Friday.

Got lucky this time, the pet store had 50% off a fluffy if you purchased a store brand bag of kibble. Probably not the most nutritious but with the way things are going I’ll take every savings I can get.

Day 14: Saturday

8:00 AM: Last fluffy died. Salmonella infected kibble. The manufacturer is sending me a 5 coupon for a future bag. Cleaning supplies for the even more violent shits than usual cost twice that much.

6:15 PM: Raided the discount bin. There was a weird looking red one, no neck, no ears. They said it had a name but it was something weird. Jelly Hammer? Doesn’t matter, it was two bucks, so toss it in the carrier and take it home. Wifi has been acting spotty this evening. I also started to hear a weird ringing sound, hope nothings wrong with the electrical wiring.

7:00 PM: Ringing getting louder. Doesn’t feel like tinnitus. I’m also seeing static on the TV. I hope I don’t have to call the cable company. Jelly is one of the more laid back fluffies I’ve seen. I haven’t heard him speak a word and he doesn’t seem to move anywhere. Every now and then I see him in a different spot but never saw him walk to it, even when he made it out of the enclosure and to the top of the fridge. He just sits there grinning.

I might lie down, getting a headache.

11:38 PM: Wake up people! Wake from your slumber! The watcher is ready, the watcher is here! The watcher is inside of all of us, there is only one watcher but we see him as many! We cannot but must know the watcher! It is beyond our ken, it is the omega, its is the alpha. Wake from your slumber, the watcher is hear now, but almost not yet!

38:72 P{a}M: Jellenhimer flu’ffy’booro ph’nglui fhtagnor! Jellenhimer nilgh’ri kadishtu nilgh’ri mgr’luh ng! Fthagen Jelenhimer! Fthagen Jellenhimer! Fthagen Jellenhimer!

Day 14: Sunday:

God, did I sleep through Saturday? Last I remember that damn fluffy diareeah’d it’s self to death. Gonna have to raid the cheep section.

For some strange reason all of my neighbours are avoiding me today and giving me funny looks. Hope I don’t smell like fluffy shit.

15 Likes

First part
Prev part
Next part

Cthulenheimmer

5 Likes

Someone failed their SAN roll.

4 Likes

Worse. They might have actually made it and only suffered a “lesser” effect.

This really is a comedy of errors. The protagonist is well and truly cursed, even by fluffy standards.

5 Likes

this dude’s got insane bad luck, have him carry a 4 leaf clover and a rabbit foot around maybe one of his fluffies will survive for more than a day.

Or maybe have him go to his professor and hang out maybe the bad luck will cause his professor to die of a heart attack and he won’t have to do this stupid paper anymore.

Also any thefts in the future? he may have to resort to that soon

5 Likes

HE managed to kill a jellen?

o-o Dear god NOthing is safe around him!

2 Likes

His professor must be laughing his head off by now.

2 Likes

That’s a complex theological question. I am of the opinion that there is, in reality one single jellenheimer that travels through time and space to be where it is most/least needed. Unkillable, but can be pushed away to jellenheim elsewhere and elsewhen.

1 Like