Fall of Foalcan Inc. (Artist:Carpdime) (FB id: 22477)

I’m still keeping to that canon/approach for the story. Of course, if I have to go any further it’d go into further spoiler territory for everyone else here xD.

The corking part was added at a later time via another comic.

In a way, details like that didn’t bother me when the drawing was first created, but there was certainly a bit of peer pressure from comments to resolve this problem!

Plus the whole corking thing was great to illustrate the industrially abusive nature of the whole Foal in a can operation…

1 Like

Huh, so they were corked. I take it the comic you’re referring to was the production guide? Also by cork I was thinking of an actual cork added to the foal to prevent it from premature pooping (at least until its removed from the can)

Also, I just realized I didn’t factor that in when I was writing Chapter 1 of Avo…

Yeah that’s the comic about corking. Corking in this instance refers to the function rather than material. The material is probably some sort of soft, waterproof material, but I’m not a material scientist so I could be mistaken!

I mean if we want to delve into details, perhaps the cork eventually dissolves, or just falls out when the foal grows after purchase?

2 Likes

If the foal grows then what was “secure” before ought to be “loose” later. Maybe. I… kind of don’t want to ponder the idea too deeply at the moment.

2 Likes

My head-canon:

• “Foal in a can” or “F.I.C’s” these foals are supplied by breeder mills you’ll often find FIC’s sold at flea-markets, fluff-marts and other similar discounted fluffy stores in low income areas, and online marketplaces i.e. Craigslist, Offer-up, FB market place.

• The quality of foals are low quality either runts, unpopular colors, dull colors, etc. These foals are often riddled with genetic defects and health issues generally the life span is around 1 - 3 years if they actually are allowed to live. It’s not uncommon to for “FIC’s” to be dead inside either.

• Although there’s a high end FIC’s vending machines and fluffy stores i.e. Designer Foals, Highest quality foals, Alicorn’s, these FIC’s vending machines are like the Apple and other luxury products vendhing machines. You’ll often find them in affluent areas and will be under tight security good luck breaking into them.

2 Likes

Yup, that makes sense. The foals are otherwise worthless to them, this way, they make something off the foals. Even if it’s just a few cents, it’s still more than they’d make by snapping the poor runty bugger’s neck.

Plus, since they’re more fragile, it’ll easily guarantee repeat customers. One guy in my stories spent a lot of money on canned foals.

And it didn’t even slake his bloodthirst. Fluffies didn’t keep him entertained for long.

Over in Japan they sell ones with live fish inside

And yes, they die inside

1 Like

Not just in Japan, US has started too. With fish, bugs, and pet spiders like tarantulas and jumping spiders.