Fallen Angel, Chapter Three (By Za)

Fallen Angel
By @Za

Chapter Three

Angel’s gaze met that of the creature in front of her. In terms of size, it was larger than her. Not by much, but it made Angel slightly afraid.

“Nyu fwen?” she called tentatively. The figure twitched slightly, its ears twisting and twitching.

The beast’s eyes narrowed, light from above glistening against their solid black surface.

And Angel thought maybe she was scaring the creature as much as the creature had scared her.

“Angew sowwy,” she said, frowning. “Nu mean to gib scawedies.” The creature’s fleshy tail swished in intrigue. A dull chittering escaped from its mouth as it gnashed many horrible teeth.

Angel felt terrified by the way her new friend looked. But, she thought, that wasn’t fair. She knew that despite its appearance, the creature could be a good friend. Judging people based on their appearance was mean.

How did she know this? She wasn’t sure. She hadn’t known anything in this world until she’d been awakened a few minutes ago.

Regardless, she felt bad for scaring her friend. And for judging its appearance, even if by accident. She reached her front legs out and gave a big smile, as if to say “give me a hug!”

The creature offered a smile of its own. It gaped a fearsome maw, leaping forward and grabbing Angel. It pinned her to the ground and began trying to sink its teeth into her flesh. It was all she could do to hold its face back with her front legs.

“SCREEEEEEE! SCAWY, SCAWY! NU GIB BITIES! AM BAD FOW ANGEW!”

She cried, she begged for mercy, she apologized. She buzzed her little wings, trying to take off and fly away. Angel did everything she knew to do.

But the creature wasn’t stopping. It nipped and bit at her hooves, scratching them slightly. The wound from the glass on her hoof had also reopened.

Angel was afraid. So, so afraid.

She was fighting a crushing weight on her stomach, horrible bites and scratches on her hooves and face, and now…

The only friend she ever had…

Hated her.

It wanted to hurt her.

She didn’t know what to do.

thud

thud

BANG

Loud thunderous booms shook her ears, and evidently also the creature’s. It peered up, leaping off of Angel and standing on its hind legs to see what it could see.

Angel struggled to get up, but once she did, she ran as far as her little legs could carry her. She ran out into the street, turning back just as the creature bolted past her and away further down the street.

There went Angel’s only friend. A rat that had tried to make a meal of her.

Angel felt so, so afraid.

Everything was so big and scary.

thump

SMASH!

These noises sounded even closer.

Angel, of course, was afraid. She looked around for somewhere to hide.

She found a dark place that looked mostly empty. A brown bag, lying open on the street. Angel’s salvation.

She scurried inside as quickly as she could.

And she waited, hiding her eyes in the corner of the bag.

Surely if she couldn’t see them, they couldn’t see her.

New voices spoke.

“Really, Lamp?” came a high, singsong voice. “This is all junk food. I mean, just look at this. Cream Dreams, Townsend Taffy… who the hell was Betty Crocker?”

“Oh, come off it,” replied a slightly posh gravelly voice. “We’ll come back for the rest.”

“Yeah, that’s assuming the Imps don’t come through this part of town before then.”

“Jen, if the Imps find this, they’ve already found us, so we’ve got a bit of a bigger dilemma.”

The bag turned quickly, jolting upwards. Before Angel could even right herself, she became crushed beneath the weight of several boxes of… something. She dared not make a sound.

“Alright, let’s get going.”

The bag zipped shut, leaving Angel in total darkness.

And Angel was afraid.

Next Chapter ==> (COMING SOON)
<== Previous Chapter

8 Likes

Hello hello, many questions many answers.

“Did you forget about WFBL again?”
No.

“Did you forget about Sawbones?”
Probably, at least for now.

“Why’d this take so long?”
Didn’t feel like writing more of it.

“Next chapter when?”
When I feel like writing more of it.

“Why don’t you feel like writing more all the time?”
Couldn’t tell you, honestly. This happens with all of my stories.

“Will Angel always be afraid?”
Guess you’ll have to wait and see.

Thanks for reading as always, sorry to anyone who remembers this story or gives a fuck. I just update stuff when I feel like it, and shit’s been so busy lately that I haven’t had time or motivation.

2 Likes

Good to see more of this dude.

1 Like

Thank you Karn!

1 Like

Poor angel

1 Like

I have enjoyed all of this so far. Though I do have a question: A lot of time has (obviously) passed, out of curiosity how did the foal-in-a-can machine work? Did it keep the fluffies in a kind of cryostasis or similar form of suspended animation before purchase?

Secondary question: Can the fluffies in this story read? She saw the label and chose her name from it, curious if it’s reading comprehension or maybe they just ‘recognize’ certain written words.

Other than that…I hope Angel stays scared. It’s one of the only survival techniques a poor little fluff has.

1 Like

I don’t see myself ever actually answering these in-story so I’ll answer it here.

The machine is basically keeping them in a kind of suspended animation, basically freezing their growth and metabolic functions to keep them as foals until they’re purchased.

As an alicorn, Angel is gonna be one of the smarter fluffies based on the way I write intelligence in subspecies/variations. She can probably read at a very rudimentary level but not particularly comprehend it. The average fluffy would likely be able to recognize letters, and that’s about it.

2 Likes