Favorite Fluffy Topics/Story Elements

Just a poll to collect info on what everyone’s favorite types of fluffies and topics are. Possibly to help story telling in the future.

Favorite Box
  • Hug
  • Sad
  • Abuse
  • Weird
0 voters
Favorite Main Characters
  • Stallions
  • Mares
  • Colts
  • Fillies
  • Human
  • Other (specify below)
0 voters
Favorite Fluffy Type
  • Earthy
  • Pegasus
  • Unicorn
  • Alicorn
0 voters
Favorite Fluffy Age
  • Chirpy
  • Foal
  • Colt/Filly (Teen)
  • Adult
  • Elderly Fluff
0 voters
Favorite Subspecies
  • Normal
  • Sea Fluff
  • Bowl Fluff
  • Micro
  • Fluffalo
  • Other (specify below)
0 voters
Favorite Fluffy Mental/Behavioral Condition
  • Smarty
  • Bitch Mare
  • Cannibal Fluff
  • Downer
  • Exploring Babbeh
  • Singing Babbeh
  • Dancing Babbeh
  • Forever Foal
  • Lobotomized/Brain Trauma
  • Other (specify below)
0 voters
Favorite Physical Disabilities
  • Runt
  • Sensitive Baby
  • Derpy Fluff
  • Pillow
  • Paralyzed
  • Partial Amputee
  • Blind and/or Deaf
  • Mutant (extra limbs, deformed body, ect)
  • Poopie Babbeh (Ugly Fluff)
  • Other (specify below)
0 voters
Favorite Fluffy Setting
  • Home/Saferoom
  • Fluffmart
  • Fluffcare
  • Fluffmill/Industrial
  • Shelter
  • Yard/Park
  • Feral/runaway (Urban/City)
  • Feral/runaway (Suburban)
  • Feral/runaway (Wilderness)
  • Other (specify below)
0 voters

Please feel free to elaborate in comments on what your favorite story types are: Bad Mares that neglect their foals, brave feral foals that watch out for their siblings, smarties that bite off more than they can chew?

I know I probably missed some things so if you don’t see something you like, please share for everyone in the comments.

11 Likes

For settings, I like farms.
Mainly because it’s familiar to me

7 Likes

You can vote for up to 5 on the multiple choice.

For me my personal favorite “mental condition” is one I came up with called an “Asky Babbeh” basically a foal with almost human levels of mental curiosity separate from a splorin baby. These are the kinds of foals that would ask “Wai” one too many times and become personally introduced to a ball peen hammer.

For “Physical conditions” I like when writers take a disease humans have and explore how fluffies develop them. @Pwuppy’s Bathory with bone spurs for example. I would like to see a story of a fluffy with epilepsy or something similar.

9 Likes

For physical disabilities, I like the idea of fluffies being born with health conditions that real life horses/ponies can have, like Lethal White Syndrome and angular limb deformities.

7 Likes

My favourite fluffy stories tend to go for the more mental angle. Gaslighting fluffs is a treat♡

7 Likes

I love a good chekovs gun in a fluffy story. Especially when it’s a sharp rock.

6 Likes

I absolutely love foal-in-a-can stories. I’ve read every post with the tag multiple times. I’m not sure I can articulate why. There’s something in the way that the really good authors deal with the absurdity of an intelligent, sensitive creature being reduced to a disposable commodity that makes for very good storytelling.

Foal-can stories are a subgenre of industrial stories which I also really enjoy for the same reason. Stwumpo, for example, has many good stories that deal with fluffies struggling to cope with an industrialized, commodified existence—sometimes with dignity and sometimes monstrously.

13 Likes

One of my favorites are the panels where Magenta Demon dyes the smarty a poopie color. The emotion and distress she captures are an absolute delight to read.

7 Likes

i love stories where a mare tries to protect her foals and is punished and stories where fluffy is framed for something it did not do.

5 Likes

Thank you for the shout out! This is a really interesting poll with lots of great options. I’d also really love to see more ailments explored through the medium of Fluffs— epilepsy is a very interesting one!

I can’t remember but I swear I read a story once where goals had seizures and the mummah thought they were dancing. That got me good.

I also agree with @Pushka with regards to equine health issues. Not as knowledgable there but would love to see more!

As a whole, I’m fascinated by the issues caused by intense inbreeding dogs, especially in rapid succession— what we’ve seen with XL Bullies in the U.K. (pit bulls are a banned breed here and have been since the 90s, so they’re not as ubiquitous) has shocked and sickly enthralled me. Seeing how much humans can utterly ruin a breed of dogs by selecting the most vicious fighting killer pit bulls from the US and breeding them in the living rooms of new build houses has caused more fatal dog attacks in the last few years than we’ve ever seen before. It’s horrific. The greed of breeders and utter disregard for the health of their animals and the safety of their owners boggles the mind.

Because we have the Staffordshire Bull Terrier as a home-grown breed, people assume the same traits carry over to these gigantic bull types. It doesn’t.

Makes me think about some wacko breeding cannibal fluffs for fighting and they eat someone’s kid or some shit.

10 Likes

I’m fondest of weirdly realistic stories that explore the darkest side of fluffies. SBS foals that grow up in constant pain (and to sexual maturity), any kind of serious illness expressed realistically, the horrors of parasites, realistic symptoms of derping or other brain damage, and industrial abuse with overt psychological consequences (especially if they move into the outer world). Anything with mutant fluffs is good, too.

Once in a while, I love a really good piece of hugbox. Surely, these monstrosities are occasionally happy, healthy, and loved.

I will always love moronbox with an unholy passion.

11 Likes

Me, I kinda like the idea of fluffys stuck in a post apocalyptic world essentially, you have these man Made Creatures that rely on humanity since they were breed it to be living toys/man-made pets, but what happens when you take away the human factor from that depend on humanity

4 Likes

Others:

Mental Disabilities, I like the idea of Bitch Mares and Smarties (REAL smarties, not hellgremlin) getting a happy ending for a change. But they are fun to be abuse/sadboxes as long as its not because a human saw mistreated foal and decided to play god.

I voted for the physical disabilities, but I more voted for them to be used against the fluffies for an unhappy ending. I feel this needs an distinction. Another one I feel that was missed though was ‘Milk bag’.

Fluffy Settings, all of these are always good really. An extra ‘Other’ as I could see Sewers, or even settings they would not belong like Offices, or places that may use them as tools in bleak settings.

6 Likes

Milkbag is a good one.

I spent a lot of time trying to split up mental and physical with such a long list I absolutely forgot that one.

5 Likes

I like most boxes. Which one I prefer depends on my mood that day. Foal-in-a-can is always interesting as well as foal-for-sketti machines. Micros in the wild tickles my fancy as well, especially when they’re mistaken for a foal & unable to convince their larger brethren they are in fact adults.

6 Likes

That would make me hate cannibal fluffies even more. They’re already annoyingly edgy as-is. We don’t need a story where one harms a real animal or a child. Fluffies shouldn’t be able to significantly harm any natural creature.

5 Likes

Micro and bowl fluffies will always get my attention because they allow a break from the standard formula and give the story some weird directions to go to without straying too far from the fiction.

Bowl fluffies are such a strange idea that are just so wonderfully pathetic and exploitable: I love the dynamic they have with their foals incapable of swimming where they’re big, sentient platforms that are pretty much utterly defenseless, allowing for nature itself to fuck them over with threats that normal fluffies wouldn’t need to deal with.

Microfluffs are just pure fun. I love feral packs who fuck up shops and houses with their antics and their unique perspective as they’re inevitably hunted and exterminated, and I even have a soft spot for hugboxy content where they’re just living in little habitats. I like rodents and insects so they’re a funny little version of those that I don’t mind seeing get brutally murdered from time to time.

7 Likes

This, I fully agree with. Its no longer a fluffy if its not so pathetic (in either a good or bad way) anymore.

8 Likes

Gave up on the Pie graphs halfway through? Lol

2 Likes

for the box, i love a mix of multi-box. like hugbox paired with sadbox makes the sadness worse, even if its before or after the hug. hugbox and abuse gives the abuse more punch and makes the fluffy feel like more of a character instead of just a vessel for violence.
just my opinions though so do what you wish with them

6 Likes