Favorite Fluffy Topics/Story Elements

Pie works for small data points.

Bar works for lists.

5 Likes

For “other” with the conditions, I’ve always liked stories with a more naturalistic/animalistic (I don’t know if either is quite the right adjective, @DummehBabbeh had a good term with “weirdly realistic”) types of fluffies, so I like fluffies that might have some traits of a smarty, bitch-mare, sensitive baby, etc., but it’s not treated like “syndrome” where it’s either all-in or not at all. I like the variety that can bring.

Having said that, I know that works better for some styles and boxes than others. This point of view might come from being around the fandom long enough to see certain styles evolve for vague personality descriptions into more defined archetypes which sort of have an on-off switch.

4 Likes

oh! fluffys with trauma! i love seeing how ptsd, or depression, or other mental ailments humans or animals may have can affect a fluffy. especially TRAUMA! fluffy’s are so easily damaged physically but what about mentally? are they resilient? do they put up a good fight or go right to want die? how would a traumatized fluff react to a hugbox end? will it slowly turn sadbox due to the crippling ptsd and the owner not knowing what to do? love me some good traumatized fluffies <3

8 Likes

I personally like the long, drawn out suffering. Sure, you can get a boot a foal and be done and dusted. But seeing them suffer, knowing more will come as the mare have more foals like Soylent Brown, Pwease Nu Huwt Babbehs or even “The Fluffy Factory” & “Sunny Gardens” where you can see more stuff being work through then some of the other tropes.

I personally like when misbehaving, at least subborn, mares and foals, starts something like Soylent Brown with Rarity. Put something in a large scale, having it make money, is something I enjoy as you can see something like this happening irl, to a degree.

But for more clean cut gore for gore sake, Subject B07-C comes to mind. I’ve enjoyed it a lot.

5 Likes

I like all the boxes (except maybe “justice” box) because I think they all feed one another. I do tend to read more sadbox overall, but I really do like just about everything.

My favorite form of abuse is bullying. Drawn out gore and torture can be fun, but it’s not as entertaining to me personally. Simple actions like kicking over a stroller someone left their fluffy unattended in? Hilarious. Breaking their toys, sorry boxes, stuff like that.

Abandoned/trashed fluffies are extra pitiful <3 Anything that drives home just how disposable, how much a commodity fluffies are considered to be is great.

I love disabled fluffies a lot, would like to see more of them. Derped fluffs are supreme but I also love my amputees. Ostomyfluffs were once a thing, which is an extra precarious position for a fluffy to be in.

I don’t care as much about "bitch mare syndrome’ or ‘smarty syndrome.’ Like poopie justice stories, that shit is everywhere and often overcooked. Runts I can take or leave, depends on the storyteller. It’s usually just another box to check in a BMS story so I usually don’t care. SBS is fun if the person writing actually understands what it is

7 Likes

Yeah I’m sick to death of people trying to equate it with Autism. It is not Autism!

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s more like microcephaly or some types of anencephaly. It’s a body, possibly mobile, with little to no higher cognition running it. SBS foals pretty much function on instinct.

6 Likes

I misread this and now want to see a comic where some dude tries to bully a fluffy by destroying its sorry box.

4 Likes

“Dis dummeh sowwy boxie? Wowstes’ stompies!”

2 Likes

SBS and Pillow run the “damn your life sucks bro shame you are so fuck-upable” pyramid :muscle:

2 Likes

I like Smarty Friends. I don’t see it often anymore,but Smarty Friends are strong leaders/intelligent like the typical Smarty,but they actually want what is best for their herds. They don’t take leadership through being the toughest or most aggressive,but by being the smartest and having the best leadership qualities.

8 Likes

I think my favourite type of stories are where the Fluffy is the cause of their own downfall.

Don’t get me wrong, I love abuse stories but humans can come across as this eldritch type God figure, a deux-ex-fuck-you that comes in, wrecks shit up, and goes about its day. A Fluffy actively ruining its own life through it’s retarded choices is so much satisfying, especially if they double down because they’re too fucking stubborn to learn from their mistakes.

8 Likes

I liked them too. If memory serves me right (and I may well be wrong about some details, it’s obviously been a while), Smarty Friends predate modern smarties. The bad/dumber ones were the “dis smawtie’s wand now!”, “smawtie gib sowwy poopies!” variety that evolved into the modern smarty portrayal.

4 Likes

Yeah,from what I remember Smarty Friends were the original Smarties,but the hellgremlin trope took over and now instead of saying “Smarty”,I have to say “Smarty Friends”,haha. I think Smarty Friends are one of those things that mostly fell out of favor,just like nummies piles.

6 Likes

@FallenAngel007 has at least one good example of a smarty friend in “The Path”.

6 Likes

I love reading about/seeing good Smarty Friends. Occasionally they have to succeed, or there are no stakes.

I like mental trauma of the more subtle kind. Not speedrunning the wan’ die loop, but more like “just how much can consistent training (/gaslighting) turn a fluffy into something very non-fluffy-like?” Not necessarily a bloobloo cannibal, but more funny and creative end goals.

On the hugbox end, I love the concepts of assistance fluffs and fluffies trained to do actually useful things. There was a story about an elderly lady training a herd to help with her garden after they destroyed it.

5 Likes

I plan to showcase something like this whenever I finally finish my “Ringing Bell” textpost.
(Fucking writer’s block…)

4 Likes