Favorite Toy (By: NekuChan)

bury 01
bury 02

Inspired by a picture by Kalooboo from quite a time ago, a grandma buried with her fluffy (alive) wanted to picture a little more about the topic, specially when it’s pretty common for children to be buried with their favorite toys or clothes.

199 Likes

Oh my, this… I love this.

12 Likes

Absolutely heartbreaking. I love it.

19 Likes

The thought of being buried alive freaks me out…like shivers down my spine.

22 Likes
16 Likes

Holy shit

8 Likes

Dark, I like it.

5 Likes

There is a belief that Nikolai Gogol was buried alive. Its a good thing that modern medicine can tell apart sleeping sickness and death now

11 Likes

It used to happen a lot back then, we have a mummies museum when one of them is frozen in time screaming with damages fingers, they are mostly sure she algo got buried alive and got momified with that horror expression she died.

Doctors now can tell the difference way easier, but not always unfortunatly…

14 Likes

Well, worst case scenario… It becomes undead or a vampire, or worse… Because it can become that way with slot of hate, and betrayal of being buried alive, plus it did eat some human flesh and blood.

3 Likes

In the words of Egon Spengler, “Very Egyptian.”

Maybe her flesh is poisoned, or there’s poison in there just like in the death pits of ur. Where courtesans and advisors would have to attend a dinner with the King’s corpse and drink poisoned wine.

3 Likes

This right here is an 11/10 on the “Fucked up” scale.

7 Likes

I am pretty sure there were cultures where, when the husband died, the wife was buried with him, even if she was still alive.
Back to the pic tho, why does the girls corpse looks like… this? I mean the face. Coroner should have made it so that her face is peaceful, right? I know, not as important as the delicious fluffy suffering but it made me do a double take.

7 Likes

Never heard of such a thing, but I feel like if that did happen, they’d probably kill the wife before burying her.
Back to the pic again, I totally missed the girl’s expression, nice catch!

2 Likes

Well isn’t that just depressing. For the girl I mean; Fluffy suffering is wonderful! I’m curious as to the process they’d have done to get the fluffy in, would they put em to sleep and shut them in? Trick them? Or just throw it in or something?

Quality art, heartbreaking twist.

4 Likes

Jesus that’s dark. Awesome work.

Also can’t afford a fluffy? Is this the early days before the spread everywhere?

5 Likes

This is quite literally Sadbox.

12 Likes

Old medicine be like: Checking for a Pulse? WHat’s THAT? JUST TAKE MORE COCAINE!

8 Likes

I tell you more, this is exactly what Egyptians did. In short they believed that everything they put in a tomb with their pharoh will be in use to him in the after life. That’s why their tombs was so ridiculously big, so they can fit in there all the food, gold, servants and family members. Although burying live people didn’t lived long and they switched to using wooden dolls or even just a list of those people. There were no strict traditions on what exactly you should put in a tomb

6 Likes

Ancient egyptian pharaohs used to have their cats killed and mummified along with them when they died, and sometimes even personal servants; they believed that by doing so, such things would follow them to the afterlife.

5 Likes