Floodplain (KerosineCannibal)

This was commissioned by @anon68543914!

257 Likes

The world is a cruel place to tiny horses.

37 Likes

nuuuu the babies!!!

8 Likes

Damm, dude stole some museum just to make this part

Masterpiece dude

39 Likes

Ended up better than I could of hoped for, Thank you @KerosineCannibal

14 Likes

The house I grew up in was by a river. They cemented up the riverbed because of erosion and the winter rains making it over fron tthe banks. Im sure people diedfrom those times.
So, hits a note for me.

Fantastic work, love the panel layout. Great Story telling!

7 Likes

This is fantastic

5 Likes

Wonderful work as always.

4 Likes

Absolute masterpiece. The frame structure, the setup, the art, all beautiful!!

7 Likes

Amazing.

6 Likes

I love happy endings :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Modern art, really great job!

3 Likes

This sad :cry: she never expect it would rained and reach her nest then again its a fluffy so…

Awesome work as always :+1:

7 Likes

Something something Rosita something.
:rofl::kissing_heart:

Yeah. Imagine if we had to relearn everything every year. Seasonal stuff like weather would get us so often…

Honestly, she picked a great spot all things considered. But her ignorance (lack of knowledge) undermined her otherwise good judgement. Safe spot, looked like it’d be not too hot or cold, lots of food… Just no knowledge of flooding.

I think it’s what helped make this so good. It’s foreshadowed, no less.

7 Likes

Well we all know fluffies just takes everything for granted without thinking the consequences this is one of them and most often aftermath.

Unless it was a “smart” fluffy

5 Likes

True, but this is out of ignorance rather than brattiness or entitlement. She’s probably only a few months old herself. She’s probably never seen the rains like this before.

Hell, no telling if this is a normal rain or a freak one for the area. It’s been dry here the past few years but I can remember when it seemed like it would rain for a week straight. And when I was in Georgia? The first year it was like weeks of off and on rain, but didn’t see that again for years…

5 Likes

God must really hate these creatures.

4 Likes

Yup sadly fluffies cant determine the surrounding outcome until its too late always.

Added the weather is unpredictable

4 Likes

Sometimes Fluffies deserve to be treated like shit, other times it’s wholly unfair.

Shame, she was doing so well otherwise

6 Likes

She’s a good mummah, but nature doesnt care. :cry:

3 Likes