Floodplain (KerosineCannibal)

Babbehs never stood a chance.

4 Likes

“Wawa bad fo’ fwuffies”, but drowning is still a better way to go than many poor pighamsters get.

1 Like

Great work!

Poor fluffies never stood a chance. Makes me wonder though how long the mummah was away from the nest for the river to completely flood over like that? I’m not the most knowledgeable on how quickly a flash flood can happen, but I would guess maybe an hour or so?

1 Like

Stupid question, but are all of your mummahs single mothers? I think I’ve never seen a father taking care of the family in Kerosine’s works…

Agreed…why didn’t she choose someplace drier, like next to a freeway, or a construction site, or maybe try and move in with a den of bears or something?

2 Likes

Gotta remember despite their ability to talk, a fluffy’s intelligence is not great enough to realize there are better alternatives. Depending on your headcanon, the smartest fluffy might be on par with the smartest dog.

1 Like

LMAO :rofl: Fluffies vs Nature is always great. And holy shit the artwork is so cool look at that water! WOW

Man thanks for knocking out such a great story & class artwork (like the water). Pain & death is the true reward for being a fluffy.

nuuuuuuu huhuhu pretty enfie babehs T-T

1 Like

The art and comics craft are divine. I cannot get enough of it. You have a unique mood to your comics, heck to all of your art.

2 Likes

Welcome back, where you been?

1 Like

life’s a bitch and then you die

I’m very glad that you like it!

1 Like

Busy. But hopefully soon I’ll be able to do more fluffy stuff

2 Likes

So to answer some questions here regarding the story content of this work, considering I commissioned it and wrote the premise.

A. There is no Special friend for the mare, or more so he just isn’t important to the concept of the story. Whether he left or is dead, I leave solely up to the reader.

B. I wouldn’t consider the mare dumb for making a nest on the riverbed, because most likely she was unaware what it was. What she saw was a very secure shelter for her and her newborns, with easy access to water and safety. She probably could not fathom the concept of a flash flood, let alone one happening to her and her children.

C. Flash flooding can happen very very quickly and without warning. I’ve witnessed it IRL several times (Once in Navarre during a Hurricane) and even literally today driving through a heavy storm. There are some areas that are prone to flooding, hence the title being called “Floodplain”.

D. There are no survivors. This was just a simple sad box, with a cruel and unfortunate fate. The Mare did everything right as far as a fluffy is capable of, but still failed.

Working with KerosineCannibal was a wonderful experience and I definitely would like to do so again, if I can thing of a story that suits their artistic style and theme. If KC is accepting commissions, I whole heartedly endorse them and encourage people to consider KC for future projects.

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. Everything started as a regular happy day, until nature itself just turned sour for them. I absolutely love her motherly courage as she looks for her babies, not even hesitating to reach towards the rushing waters to rescue her baby. She truly gave her best until the very end. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Miwkie Theif was about a single father.

1 Like

Another goddamn masterpiece!

What a beautiful ending for an amazing comic strip. Love it