Fluffies in fluff-mart stasis pool (thatmotherfluffer)

In my headcanon, fluff-marts use stasis pools to keep their fluffies calm and quiet.
When a fluffy is selected, the catheter inside the fluffy detaches, and wires pull the fluffy up and out of the stasis pool, where their VR headset and oxygen/food tubes are removed.

11 Likes

How will the buyers choose what fluffy they want, if all of them are just differently coolerd vegetables without any differences in attitude and behavior?

2 Likes

Brainwave activity displays personality traits

3 Likes

Maybe it would be better to show what are they doing in VR? Display can tell that the fluff is shy, but it it can’t tell what kind of shy

1 Like

In the back of the shop are controls for the different VR headsets, and different personalized cartridges for them. First, brainwave activity is scanned and a personalized cartridge is inserted into the controls. There are also punishment cartridges to discipline the fluffies.

3 Likes

Before removing the catheter, a worker puts on a diving suit, dives into the pool, and squeezes the shit out of the fluffy.

2 Likes

It already sounds extremely expensive. What if such technology were used only for premium designer fluffs?

Microorganisms dwell in the broth then?
Only consuming a particular material, which is what the Fluffies are fed?

I’m getting some serious Simic vibes and I love if.

2 Likes

Sounds good for the far future. Not so much the “present” in most cases.

I’m writing in the 2060’s, and hobbyists can afford ectogenic tanks and simple gene smelters like a large Warhammer army, paints, and a 3d printer.

1 Like

In my headcanon It’s rarely the case for premium designer fluffies, many fluffies that carry those rare traits are poorly colored, and unfortunately, no one really tries breeding the poorly colored fluffies, and so, they are disposed of.

2 Likes

What about show-accurate fluffs? You can easily train it to act like it’s show counterpart that way

1 Like

Cartridges of the characters in the shows are kept, this does influence their behavior

2 Likes

Imagine mlp-hater getting this job, and being forced to learn about every single character

1 Like

This happens occasionally, there was a worker who dove into the pool and strangled the fluffy while a child was watching. Let’s say he’s gone

2 Likes

Lots of story potential there

1 Like

The dude went into a coma, the stasis gel is hella potent

2 Likes

The shit goes through the catheter and into the waste reservoir. The tubes pump nutrigel into the stomachs of the fluffies

1 Like

Well I am not talking about him specifically. It could be a guy who give to show-accurete fluffs sorry cartridges more often, or the one who block the food supply only to see them getting hungry in vr and trying to combat this with virtual food, which of course doesn’t work

1 Like

Too many blunders and the screwups go missing

1 Like

Forever

1 Like