Fluffmart Does Pride Month! (Ace)

It is kind of pleasing that now they DO realise enough people support us that not marketing to us would look worse, but it undermines its own point. Queer is inherently connected to punk.

4 Likes

Yeah I view Corpo Pride as graffiti: Weā€™re prominent enough we get to throw our colors up on signs all over the goddamned place.

2 Likes

Could you guys please stop arguing in my comment section lmao

3 Likes

The eternal curse of The Story Thatā€™s Also About Something lol

5 Likes

He doesnā€™t seem sad to me, he just needed to poop.

2 Likes

Need to give him a measure of hope. Really twists the knife when heā€™s thrown out.

1 Like

Damn it is so painfully accurate. Being a massive queer myself, I have seen some of the worst corporate pride has to offer, and they almost ALWAYS donate to hate groups anyways.

7 Likes

If it makes you feel any better the other side of the political spectrum is no better. everyone just wants the money.

1 Like

There is not an ideal or identity that cannot be transformed into a commodity by those consumed by the pursuit of profit.

3 Likes

CVS. A unicorn with textured hair

1 Like

I remember seeing those at Walmartā€¦think those were for black pride or something but itā€™s definitely in a similar vein

3 Likes

It just means the work is truly a sublime masterpiece when people argue. The story is just that good.

3 Likes

oh my god I saw that at walmart. fucking ā€œafro unicornsā€ plastered onto one of those kids books with the patterned shiny spine. Even I thought that was offensive and Iā€™m not even the type to complain about that kind of thing. God itā€™s hard to discern the things that are supposed to be less racist and the things that are trying to be more racist.

1 Like

Those are made by Black people, specifically to combat the stigma that textured hair still faces (mostly for women and girls). Some real horses do have ā€œtexturedā€ hair, too: American Bashkir Curly - Wikipedia

6 Likes

MLP uses Zebras along those lines, I do believe. Which they also associate with Native Americans. & Kelpies?
Does not do much for the hair.

2 Likes

The reason he assumed it was racist is because heā€™s racist, just mute the dummeh babbeh and move on with your life.

2 Likes

The other half wants us dead unfortunatly so Iā€™m aware

1 Like

is it not racist? even with good intent it can end poorly

1 Like

Itā€™s representation. Even if itā€™s just a unicorn with hair like a child or a childā€™s family members have? Itā€™s something that goes ā€œHey, thereā€™s someone/something like meā€ instead of a cavalcade of things that reinforce a sense of othering or being ā€œabnormalā€.

Just like having a character in a same sex relationship that isnā€™t either a joke, or a one off character in a ā€œVery special episodeā€, it helps. It helps a LOT and the ā€œThatā€™s racist!/No one wants to see that!/Donā€™t shove them down our throats!ā€ crowd? Tend to come from a place of feeling threatened that thereā€™s the slightest hint of a piece of media might not be tacitly reinforcing that heterosexual white anglo saxon protestant and cisgendered are the only traits that should be on display.

AlsoWavyWizard is a queer, Black user who did some great fluffies with natural hair.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know itā€™s just not the world I grew up in. When we did representation it was haphazard and simple. Characters were complex and complete without having to consider what race they were. Putting it on a pedestal front and center as their primary trait seems wrong, the representation feels planned and forced rather than incidental. all thatā€™s made worse by how many stories donā€™t bother fleshing out characters beyond that. It comes down to them being present and it makes them shallow and story suffers for it.

1 Like