Fluffmart Does Pride Month! (Ace)

A “fun” part of growing up is recognizing that the world we grew up in can be pretty damn unpleasant in some ways that were “normative” at the time. Representation is an ongoing process and unfortunately we’re currently at a point where planned representation is unfortunately kind of needed. Because otherwise, it would default back to “very special episode”/“One off gag”. Hopefully, any progress made can push things past tokenism towards more natural representation.

But when even a token push to inclusion is responded to with accusations of racism/forcing it down people’s throats/indignant pearl clutching by people utterly horrified by a character who doesn’t think and look exactly like them? It’s freaking hard.

4 Likes

Guys if we’re going to have in-depth discussions on society then can we move it out of the comments section so Ace isn’t inundated with notifications

9 Likes

Oh, thanks for the rec! I’m not Black but I’m glad to see someone repping themselves and I love how afro styles look. (Favourite style I ever saw was a woman who sculpted her hair into the shape of Hello Kitty’s head. I’ll see if I can find the pic if you want.)

2 Likes

Shit me that was fucking hilarious, I could 100% see that happening as real world thing.

1 Like

Absolutely loving the mad gay and that one clueless dude duking it out in the comments too lamo

2 Likes

Apparently no, no we cannot

2 Likes

Last chance guys, stop hogging Ace’s comment section or I’ll turn them off. Take this to DMs or chat but not here

4 Likes

Hello. I attempted to clean up the post from offtopic. I’m going to “ask nicely” that any further discussion remains directly related to the story.

1 Like

Does bruno is gay?

1 Like

truly nothing says corporate pride like cheap plastic rainbow riding crops. imagine a joyce messier fluffy saying the line here i guess

2 Likes

I think the boss was holding the bag because those at the top did not want evidence of said aberration to be found. at least bruno is saved

But who was phone?

1 Like

hm, I would adopt Bruno.

I lol’ed at Silver Shamrock. “Sacrifice children to druidic gods… for LOVE!”

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

Yeah, I need to check them out, too. It’s nice to see people bringing themselves to the community.

This is a disturbingly accurate straight, corporate interpretation of Pride. I both cringed, and loved it. It even reaches into “turning your CHILDREN GAY!” It’s damn near impossible to simply be queer when many people’s only real access to queer people is a combination of this kind of shit, and whatever chaos is on the news. I live in a VERY unsafe US state for LGBTQ+, and a worrying percentage of the populace actually believes that queerness is exactly like this story.

In other words, I cringed, I puked in my mouth a little, great story.

(If you want to know what state I’m in, a nonbinary kid recently died after being attacked in the bathroom, and the state superintendent basically said, “LOL, freak.” There’s a reason I don’t advertise my preferences, and let people gender me as they see fit.)

2 Likes

Any -insert race here- pride is vomit-inducing.

1 Like

The rumor come out.