Fluffy Breeder v1.26.239-beta (by Eidalac)

None that I know of.

I just felt like I should hunt down one of these posts to mention how often I still return to playing this game butā€¦ Whoa? Am I not even playing the latest version of it?? !!! This update sounds so cool! Iā€™ve still been majorly enjoying the version of the game that I downloaded in May of last year!

This update sounds really cool, but I donā€™t know if I want to lose my game progress yet, so Iā€™m conflicted!

1 Like

https://github.com/eidalac/FluffyBreeder/raw/main/bin/FluffyBreeder.zip is the most recent version. (1.41.384) - it should be able to load older saves without any issue, but always a chance there is a bug we didnā€™t check for.

havenā€™t had any updates since that in a few months though.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for pointing me towards that!

Unfortunately, I canā€™t seem to get the menu to open in the 1.41.384 version. It came in a zip folder, unlike the other versions I had to find the html from within a zip folder this time so it might be that Iā€™m launching it the wrong way or something.

Either way, Iā€™m still able to play the older versions and I got to see some of the art for the angoras when I accidentally extracted it. I love how they practically turn into balls of fluff! :laughing: Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s no way you can find those breeds feral!

Edit, nevermind! I found the post for the latest version and I think I found one that is playable for me!

Been playing this for a bit and itā€™s very addicting!

But, Iā€™m using the 1.26.239 version - after seeing it in the comments I tried switching to the 1.41.384 version, but it gave me an error saying ā€œCannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜lengthā€™).ā€ and wonā€™t load my file. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Not sure off the top of my head - if you can jump in the discord (Fluffy Tycoon) and upload the save (might have to load it in the old version and use the export button to save it to a file) then I can take a look.

2 Likes

Just started playing this and I am really liking it thus far. :smiley:

dog ever since ive been playing this ive been loving every thing about it, any more updates coming?

1 Like

Not any time soon, both of us are a bit burned out, so itā€™s effectively on hiatus till the mood comes back around (or another person wants to hack at the code)

2 Likes

Iā€™m addicted to this- itā€™s such a good little tycoon sim. When you do get the oomph to update again, Iā€™d like to suggest a couple of quick-filters on the side? itā€™s a bit tedious to have to click through the same menu six times to do actions on all of my breeding dams.

Edit to add: is there any way for those of us in the community to mod the game? Iā€™m playing around with learning to draw fluffies and I think it would be a fun way to practice

Iā€™ll hack your code.

Anally.

In that I donā€™t know how to code and I will make your game as incontinent as a fluffy.

1 Like

Cool game! Stupidly addictive, though. Iā€™ve wasted so many hoursā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Itā€™s a good game so far, I just have a couple of things Iā€™d like to point out:
-If you switch food types for any fluffy, and forget to set it to a certain quality on the Food page, the game will change your daily cost to NaN, and your overall available funds will also be NaN. This is caused by not setting a default base for food quality when changing food types.
-I wish there was a way to un-Smarty your fluffies. Be it through training (even if theyā€™re at 200), or having a Discipline option among Shear/Play/Train/Abuse (which could also work to lower their Temperament stat.)

This is one of the reasons development is on pause - itā€™s a limitation of the TWINE engine weā€™ve been using. It will ā€˜pickā€™ what data type it thinks something is (string vs number), but isnā€™t consistent in what it picks and forcing it to pick isā€¦ not working.

So sometimes the code says ā€œvalue = 1ā€ and it decides that 1 is not the number 1 but the string ā€œ1ā€. Try to do math on ā€œ1ā€ returns NaN an buggers everything.

Trying to redo the thing on a new engine without that (and many other limitations) killed my mojo, so been waiting on that to come back around to get anything done.

4 Likes

Ah, Iā€™m sorry to hear that the original engine wanted to be spaghetti brained.

2 Likes

If itā€™s too much of a hassle to make work, cut it and continue trucking. If you come up with a way to make it work later, add it in then.

I think i found a bug. My money and upkeep turned into NaN after the first day despite only spending on like one thing

Yeah, see a few comments back - TWINE likes to do randomly turn numbers into not numbers and it breaks every thing in really stupid ways.

Some day, when I have energy again, Iā€™ll be re-starting with a different code base because I need math to work or I will loose my MIND.

again.

And itā€™s random to boot. Sometimes 1+1 is 2. Sometimes itā€™s ā€œ1.1ā€. Sometimes itā€™s ā€œ1+1ā€. other times itā€™sā€¦ ā€œTwoā€.

been months and Iā€™m still angry about it.

1 Like

quick question does the inbreeding score do anything yet?

IIRC, and itā€™s been a while, it just amps up the odds of a negative defect.