Fluffy eggs?

Okay I know what were all thinking of when I say fluffy eggs; foal-in-an-egg or some variation of the such but what if fluffies did not give live birth?

Sure it would take all the fun of seeing a hopeful pair of fluffie’s dreams of having a family be destroyed by half a dozen stillborns. Or all the fun of abortions.

But I think it would also introduce an interesting dynamic, fluffy mothers do not bloat and have to be rolled around instead they simply lay eggs a few days after fertilization and must roll the eggs around.

Instead of sitting in a nest keeping warm and full on food while awaiting to give birth mothers would instead have to keep them warm by carefully laying on them. They must also be careful that their nest is well hidden when they leave so that the eggs are safe.

As for a name and other attributes?
It could be something like for R&D/Logistics/Economic reasons Hasbio had fluffies lay eggs instead of giving birth? Perhaps the ability to speak is due to a large amount of parrot DNA that causes fluffies to have human-like vocal chords? Maybe these fluffies have a pouch to transport their eggs or a large amount of belly fluff and fat to help keep the eggs warm?

As for a name ive already chosen: Chuckies sounds too much like Chucky and Chuck E Cheese so im calling them Chickies

Anyways thats my contribution to the alternative fluffy scene, i’d like to know what you think.

8 Likes

Furbys canonically lay eggs and the last generation was partially about breeding them. So its works for parody there.

You’d miss out on Mare teats as the biggest shorthand to show gender, and all egg-layers have cloacas meaning gendering them would be very difficult when sorting for gender since I assume they would be torn open far easier than baby chicks.

They also would both need to be able to survive the mother resting on them and have some manner for opening them. No hard hooves, claws, beaks, or protruding teeth to help. Yinglets come to mind here.

2 Likes

On the other hand…

UFXGWT6

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, but could they harvested and eaten like real eggs?

I could see something like,Balut It’s a hard boiled duck egg with duck fetus inside, very popular in the Philippines . It’s like eating a hard boiled egg with chicken meat inside. The tough tea part is eating the crunchy duck bill.

1 Like

I could see a whole lot of mishaps regarding eggs, balls, and misundertandings of which is which.

2 Likes

personaly, i think SwiftBitchs’ Fluffy-like “Sweets” lay eggs that look like shark eggs/mermaid purses, i’ve been trying to get a story out of that for months.

as for the chicken egg type eggs you’re talking about. i really dont know if fluffies could handle the long term task of nesting, having to remmeber where the nest is, stockpile 2-3 weeks of food, having to move the eggs if they’re truely like bird eggs or not moving them if they’re like reptile eggs.

i could see it being a failed fluffy breed. like a home gene hacker being like “oh i can get fully feathered pegusi with a few tweaks here, i’m going to be rich” then the first gen mothers try to play with the “pwetty bawws”( they could look like easter eggs), or they could not recognize eggs as babbehs and abandon their brood to look for the foals. perhaps they might look at these eggs and think their babbehs are trapped inside and smash the whole clutch only to find the eggs all contain egg gunk.

there’s some potential for some real sadbox, like a fluffy finds a bouncey ball and spends YEARS taking care of it only for it to outlast her.

gonna have to keep this in mind. regardless of the proper name, they would 100% be nicknamed birdbrains

3 Likes

Allright, add some platypus dna so we have a water based fluffy variant and boom.

Fluffy eggs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

fluffies go “enf enf”, out comes an egg!

2 Likes