Fluffy Growth Rate

Hello everyone I was wondering how quickly fluffies tend to age, i.e from newborn to colt/filly, to adult I remember a OG artist did a illustration of it but I cant remember the time frame or name of the artist. Thank you all in advance. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Depends on headcanon, really, but the average seems to be adulthood in one to three months.

8 Likes

That varies from headcanon to headcanon. One month to six months is from what I have seen.

8 Likes

They grow like a pot plant but are more needy than a toddler, the perfect toy isn’t it?

5 Likes

In my headcanon the time it takes from them to grow from Chirpy to adult is like a year and a half so they’re “cute” for a longer period of time. But mature as quick as most headcanons so they still have a large population.

5 Likes

I’d personally say one month. In the first year of their life in the wild they were managed to breed fast enough to create a population large enough to pull trough the winter. If we optimistically assume that they were released in the beginning of spring, it would give us only ~9 months. 1 mounth growth rate × exponential population growth = the highest possibility of thair survival.
Or you can just remember about our pluralistic views on headcanons and just set the growth rate that suits you

4 Likes

I would 4 weeks or a month from birth to talkie baby and another 4 weeks until sexually mature.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that they can breed and are full grown at three months and the absolute max is 6 months.

3 Likes

In my head cannon… 1-6months to mature… 1hour for GRUNTY convert (it gets nasty), and 4-5weeks gestational development for Foals.

2 Likes

For me they’re not a full-fledged adult until six months of age but they stop growing at four months. The remaining two months are for emotional growth.

3 Likes

For me its 1 1/2 years until they are adults. They are fully grown at one year. I made a picture because the size difference is quite large between the different stages so early in life. But yeah, after around 2 months, they are able to breed, even though they are neither old enough (maturewise) nor is it save yet, as they are so small.

4 Likes

In my head they are chirpies for around a week after birth. They are then foals for around three months, after which they reach adulthood.

2 Likes

My headcanon is:

Week 1 - newborn
Week 1 to Month 1 - chirpies
Months 1 to 3 - foals
Months 3 to 6 - kids
Months 6 to 1 year - adult
Fluffs have a natural lifespan of 5 to 10 years.

Most don’t make it to 2.

9 Likes

I’ve been trying to explore canons/serttings where most make it past two

2 Likes

Here’s Carpdime’s illustrated headcannon. I’m pretty sure this is the one you’re looking for.

1 Like

That’s not the one but thank for your help!

1 Like

I wrote a multipart on a herd that, yanno, survives. I can’t remember if I uploaded it to the booru or not. If I find it, I’ll start upping it again

1 Like