Fluffy Jobs #2: Cleaner (by Chikahiro)

I’ve been told there are breeds of dog that “need” to have jobs or they get depressed, bored, etc. Domestic fluffies are just there to look cute which isn’t the worst thing, but it seems that having a sense of purpose, a role, isn’t bad either. Feral fluffies will have those within a herd, so how to get domestics something similar? Well, small jobs and chores…

I kind of see this little one saying, “fo’ mammah!” or “fo’ daddeh!” while doing this.

58 Likes

I like the idea of fluffies as intelligent cleaners that could take orders better than a roomba

Summary

Especially in canons that don’t have them excessively defecating!

11 Likes

My friends had a roomba for their shop. Kept trying to kill itself by falling down the stairs (even with the infrared guard thing), pulling down things from desks by sucking up the wires, etc.

Part of the idea here, and the main reason its in Japan, is giving the fluffy a real sense of ownership over its environment. Japanese students help out a lot at their schools, including cleaning, and from the outside they’re better for it (mind you, old knowledge here, might be out of date). So, if they’re at least partly responsible for cleaning up then they’re less likely to make a mess I think.

That sense of ownership would also be part of bonding I think. They’re part of the family, even if its lower in the overall hierarchy. As such, the humans clean (doing stuff they can’t), they clean, etc. So they’re all working together as a herd so to speak.

Obviously I’m working on the cute and cuddly realm of possibilities. I need to watch some more Miyakazi/Studio Ghibli later on <3

10 Likes

Wholesome and cute :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve always been a fan of teaching fluffies at least minor household chores. Just make them think of it as a game and they’ll do anything gladly.

Also, I didn’t know about the point of japanese students cleaning their own schools being giving them a sense of ownership over their space. That’s a really good idea - I’ve had way too many pony meetups where people ruin the parks and hideouts they hang out at because they don’t understand that while no one owns those places, messing them up means no more partying there for them either.

7 Likes

I know this is hugbox content, but I could see this idea being adapted to every other kind of box.

“Fluffherders: give your fluffies chores! Just thirty minutes of work a day keeps your fluffy fit, increases their psychological resilience, and lessens your workload as a fluffherder!”

4 Likes

What’s a fluff herder?

2 Likes

Long story, but basically: a fluffherder is a fluffy owner who raises them for meat. In my fluffyverse they’re common and normal throughout North America.

4 Likes

your arstyle is really cool

4 Likes

roombas are just robotic fluffies

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been stealing things here and there from people*, plus the how to tutorials** folks have put up have been tremendously helpful :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

*For example, changed my snoot game thanks to countless artists here (not the least of which being @Carpdime) and using darker shades of an area’s color is something I just noticed then lifted from @Heroboitellem.

** @Moesius, Carpdime, @Foxhoarder, etc, have drawing fluffies I’ve bookmarked. I have your comic guide as well as @Fluffus’ bookmarked as well for when I make that leap.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say stealing, you’re learning from the others :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

The Van Gogh quote, “good artists borrow, great artists steal” informs my wording.

4 Likes

It’s a Picasso quote.

That guy stole like it was going out of style! Love Picasso, that ol’ quote machine.

3 Likes

D’oh! Thank you!

3 Likes

I like Van Gogh better anyway ^^

3 Likes

At least Fluffies feel bad when they spread shit around and knock things over.

Cheaper maintenance too.

4 Likes

I sort of want to give my fluffies fluffy versions of yukata now. The ideas for fluffies you’ve got are great and really cute.

3 Likes

Thank you. I am a simple dork who wants nice things :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Eeeeeeeeeeeek

2 Likes