Forever Foals (by SouthernKiller)

61 Likes

I feel like I read a story about this concept or something similar

The idea of forcing a fluffy to stay young forever feels like it scrapes the borders of sadbox. Do they stay mentally three weeks forever? Or is it a Kirsten Dunst Interview with a Vampire situation?

*shudders
Very neat concept

18 Likes

Not going to lie but I’d be a sucker for them. I adore kittens and puppies at that stage, so…

8 Likes

Oh 100% same
My dark analytical mind aside, I like the concept for what it is at face value, without obtrusive thoughts of what it means behind the curtain as it were :heart:

7 Likes

Don’t fluffies pretty much stay mentally two years old from the moment they can open their eyes and say “mummah?”

10 Likes

I can see lots of non-pet applications for this as well.

(And no, not just food, but of course food came to mind first.)

5 Likes

I remember a story where the new owner of a mother and foals tormented the smallest as a finger puppet. He treated the mother and rest of the foals great so they would tell the smallest to quit complaining. The owner told the smallest it would continue until he wasn’t the smallest anymore and and one of his siblings would take his place. So the foal would eat and eat and eat, but he was given a low calorie/nutritious formula design to keep him a foal while the rest got normal stuff.

7 Likes

Depends on the headcanon

I myself have always had fluffies be more naĂŻve rather than stupid, with the capacity to learn. I basically treat fluffies like little people when writing, some smarter, some not so much.

5 Likes

There is an easier way.

6 Likes

Yeah. Honestly, I’ve seen a lot of people call folks stupid when it was really ignorance. Same thing with “common sense” (its kind of hard to have “common sense” when folks don’t have much in common).

3 Likes

I would… love a forever foal. Chirpies and foals are my favorites !!

6 Likes

I was considering a chemical that would do this called “everfoal formula” or a “yearling formula” meant to extend foaldom without making it permanent, considering the really fast maturation rates the geniuses at hasbio decided were a good idea.

Love your vector work btw

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t have any sort of tablet, but I can make a basic jellybean shape.

1 Like

I think they exist in a sort of constant in-between state. Their brains don’t develop beyond childhood, but they have the ability to take in a lifetime’s worth of experiences that shape their thinking. They know they’re missing out on adulthood, even if they’re not entirely sure what “adulthood” is.

3 Likes

I remember that as well! One of @Stwumpo’s characteristically bleak tales, I believe.

2 Likes

They’re a favorite of mine as well, second only to microfluffs :heart:

2 Likes

My favorite sketch comedy group.

1 Like