Gayroomate got banned

What else? I mean I sorta think a lot of the shit on here falls into dumbass moral justification or fascist ideology. Not that I’m exactly surprised taking shit like that in a place like this is sorta a given.

5 Likes

To be honest, I expected a few people to say that.
If that’s your decision, there will be no hard feelings.

12 Likes

Turkey reee

7 Likes

Mind if I ask if the video is accurate?

4 Likes

Didn’t really come off that way to me and she seemed to really care about the community.

6 Likes

she did she could not let any thing go

4 Likes

I don’t have a horse (or perhaps fluffy) in this either way; the mods banned her, she says she deserved it and wouldn’t contest it, that’s that.

That said, I did learn that if the mods have feedback, they are likely to use email. I don’t check my email often, so if you need to tell me something, commenting on one of my posts might be faster. Thanks in advance.

8 Likes

You are saying it like you are on a death row or something

7 Likes

As far as I know I’m 100% fine so far. But people have been annoyed by my fluffies-as-food content in the past.

10 Likes

those where fun times

3 Likes

I don’t think someone not liking your work is a ban reason. If it was, marak would be long from here

10 Likes

Haven’t seen it yet, I’m working

4 Likes

Alright :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That sucks, I liked her content.

8 Likes

I don’t trust that it’s real.

I mean the date of suspension is 3021

3 Likes

As with everything that ever happened centering on Gayroommate, there is a mix of truth and omission.
In this video she claims that someone was “defending Hitler”
Well I’ll let you read the comment yourself and decide whether this is a “defense of Hitler”.

This report elicited a three hour discussion between GR and one of my team. This was not the first multi-hour discussion that she chose to take on with us over the last few months, nor was it the longest running.
By itself, this would not be enough of a reason for removing anyone from the community. But the cumulative effect of us constantly getting report after report about things that are not nearly what she painted them as being, and then having her pick apart every little word that any of us spoke to her in these multi-hour conversations, drawing them out, extending her fun, and in essence trying to make us give up and give in to her complaint; All of this had a cumulative effect.
I estimate that my team and I spent a combined 24-28 hours talking to her, and a similar amount of time discussing her complaints among ourselves. Far more than anyone else has ever required.
And this morning when I saw that one of her responses to my team explaining how the comment in question was not a “defense of Hitler” was to change the staff member’s words in the quote to “Hurr Durr”, as though any thought that didn’t align with hers must be utterly foolish, we made the decision to remove her from the community.
It’s a decision I stand by, and if I were to change anything at all about it, we should have made this decision sooner.

For those of you who are insistent that GR was absolutely angelic, all I can tell you is that you only saw her public face. The face we saw over these many hours of discussions was decidedly different.

45 Likes

Overall all I can say is that I’m saddened but it is what it is.

4 Likes

I am not happy about it. I enjoyed her content quite a bit.
But not enough to make it worth the trouble she would bring along with that content.

20 Likes

Of course. The health of the forum in the long run is paramount regardless of the person.

8 Likes

In the end I stopped making jokes about her not because the jokes were actually mean, but because every single one of them ended up in those arguments with the mod team

8 Likes