Granny’s little helper (by: Flarey)

Hey there! I’ve been wanting to make my first fluffy story for a while so I thought I’d use my newly adopted foal from @infraredturbine to do just that and expand a bit on his lore and stuff! Sorry that I’m not very good at writing, but hopefully I’ll get to do more with Blueberry in the future!

It’s been a month since Evelyn has rescued Blueberry. Blueberry is a blue unicorn fluffy with a lighter blue mane and tail that she had found as an abandoned foal. Taking pity on the little foal, being a chirpy-baby when she found him, she took him back to her house and nursed him back to health. Now he’s walking and talking and honestly, having him around the house has made things a little less lonely for 76 year old Evelyn. Before then, the only thing she has to look forward to are weekly phone calls from her two sons, one being a surgeon and the other, a college professor. The calls haven’t been lasting much longer than 10 mins and last time she’s had a visit from them had been months ago, for Easter.

Ever since she had rescued Blueberry, she has new stuff to look forward to.

Today, she decided to make a batch of homemade cookies from scratch when she felt Blueberry’s soft hooves on her legs.

“Wut Gwanny doin’?” He asked?

“I’m making a fresh batch of cookies, dear, would you like to help?”

“Bwuebewwy wuv hewp Gwanny make nummehs!” He said excitedly.

Evelyn picked up Blueberry and placed him on the kitchen table next to the mixing bowl next to the mostly ready dough.

“Okay, Blueberry. Granny needs you to add the final ingredient to the cookie dough here” she then points to the measuring cup full of chocolate chips.

“Otay Gwanny!” Blueberry shuffled over to the measuring cup and pushed it over to the mixing bowl, being held by Evelyn to make it easier for him to pour the chocolate chips in the dough and then he pushed it over and the chocolate chips got knocked into the cookie dough. Well, most of them. A few of them fell down to the floor.

“Nuuuu some choccy nummehs feww down huuhuuhuu Bwubewweh am sowwy” Blueberry cried

“Shhhh it’s okay dear, you can help me clean up the mess once we put these cookies in the oven” Evelyn said, petting Blueberry gently in order to comfort him. It worked and Blueberry had calmed down.

Evelyn put the cookies in the oven and placed Blueberry on the floor, and handed him a dustpan. “Hold this steady for me please”

“Otay Gwanny” Blueberry said as he held the dustpan steady.

Evelyn took her broom and swept up the spilled chocolate chips while Blueberry did his best to hold the dustpan steady. When they were done, Evelyn thanked him for his help and had a present for him. It was a cloth bib that was hand embroidered that said “GRANNY’S LITTLE HELPER” on it.

“Fank ‘ou! Bwuebewweh wuv bib!! Wan’ put on!”

“I’m glad you like it dear” Evelyn said as she helped Blueberry into his bib.

“DING!” The oven timer went off, cookies were ready. Time to take them out of the oven.

“Nummehs smeww pwetteh!! Can bwueberreh has nummehs?”

“Not yet, the cookies need time to cool off, but I promise you can have one when they cool off”

“Otay bwuebewweh wait fo’ nummehs” as he trotted over to his safe area to play with his blocks

Evelyn decided to use this time to sit in her rocking chair and knit, all while thinking about when her sons were still kids. She made cookies for them once a week, and they used to love helping out. Once cookies were in the oven, her sons would go to play pretend. They’ll usually take turns either playing doctor or playing school. Suddenly she got a phone call from her youngest son.

“Hello Jason, it’s always nice to hear from you.”

“Hi mom, just calling to see how things are going, sorry that I haven’t had the time to visit lately, teaching at the university has been rough and I’ve often had to stay overtime to help students out”

“It’s okay I know you’ve been busy these past few weeks. I’m just happy to get to hear from you.”

“How’s that fluffy of yours doing?”

“Blueberry? He’s been such a dear. He helped me make cookies today. They’re cooling off right now. You know, I’d love for you to come and meet him sometime soon.”

“I have some free time this weekend, I can stop by for a little bit. How’s Saturday at 3 sound?”

“Sounds just lovely, dear. I’ll ask your brother if he can join too. I’ll even make your favorite, pepperoni pizza pasta.”

“Sounds great mom! I’ve always loved your cooking! Anyway, I have to go finish grading my student’s essays. Catch you this weekend. Love you!”

“Love you too, Jason!”

beep

Evelyn went into the kitchen. The cookies have cooled down enough to eat.

“Blueberry!! Come get a cookie!!”

“YAAAYYYY NUMMEHS WEADY!!” Blueberry rushed over to the kitchen, knocking down his block tower in the process.

“As promised here’s your cookie as a reward for helping me bake. “

“Fank ‘ou Gwanny! Bwuebewwy wuv nummehs an Bwuebewwy wuv Gwanny”

“I love you too Blueberry!” Evelyn said with a smile. Life has certainly become livelier ever since she rescued him.

16 Likes

Ugly Cry GIFs | Tenor
Fuckin adorable man… Fr fr

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve had this idea in my head for quite some time about fluffies being pretty good at providing company to lonely old folks or even like being good emotional support animals in general :blush:

2 Likes

Dog, i cannot wait to possibly read more from you! i love hug-box, even if most of my stories are fucking filled with abuse

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: nice story :sparkling_heart:

. . .Describe this please.

Gladly! So I make this myself on occasion, and basically I’ve used either rotini or penne pasta that’s been cooked (honestly pasta shape doesn’t really matter too much it’s just what I’ve used) in marinara sauce, have it topped with shredded mozzarella cheese though if I feel like using different cheeses I’ll add some other type of shredded cheese to it, top it with pepperoni, bake it in the oven for about 15-20 mins and then it gets taken out and served. Can be topped with Parmesan cheese.

To a fluffy, it smells and tastes a lot like skettis so I’m sure they’d love the taste a lot too if your fluffy likes pepperoni.

3 Likes

Neat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Evelyn and Blueberry seems like a really cute little family unit. Warmed my heart to read and now I crave more of that sweet duo. :heart:

1 Like

Yes, drop the recipe for us :spaghetti:

2 Likes

Cute and wholesome story, where fluffies are seen as the pets and friends they were intended to be :slight_smile:

2 Likes