hellgremlinism, my take on it.

you know hellgremlins? how they were the justace abuser’s fantasy and the hugboxer’s pain? how they were so controversial that the community died? yea, they’re the worst.
whats a hellgremlin? well, two words: extreme smarty.
anyway.

my headcannon is that smarty syndrome can be developed in any fluffy, but such extreme lengths are genetic. for example: say the mother goes hellgremlin and completely neglects the other 5 babies while spoiling her one foal with a gradient color pattern, even trying to trade them to a stallion as “enfie babbehs” for food. there’s also other taboo atrocities, like baby rape/infantcide, open murder, willing and cold blooded cannibalism(no cannibal mutation needed), and insulting and shitting on everything. this degree is impossable to correct. pre-preemptive countermeasures can be set in place, like being a victim to this behavior, or knowing that your life could end in seconds, but is always incurable when developed(traditional smarty syndrome is, smarty hellgremlin isn’t)
hellgremlinism is a recessive* trait, and is fairly rare. 1/10 have the trait, 1/10 of those have the trait actually being expressed but not used/inhibited, 1/10 of those are actually being expressed but not used fully, and 1/2 of those are full hellgremlin. however, that asterisk refers to a 1/100 chance of the trait turning co-domanent and increasing the threshold that a fluffy goes smarty.

i want hellgremlins in my story, without saying “all smarties are like this”. wanted to keep hellgremlins as a rare sight.

yey?
  • yey
  • ney
  • smartey

0 voters

7 Likes

My problem with hellgremlins (and more aggressive smarties) is that fluffies are supposed to be inferior to us in every way yet still be our moral superiors. If we have the moral upper hand (by simply not being cannibalistic baby rapists), that makes humans the good guys, and humans really should not be the heroes in a FC story. It comes off as self-insertion and wish fulfillment when a noble (read: all powerful to fluffies) human steps in to save a helpless fluffy from one of its own kind. And a hellgremlin story without humans feels… off. Then fluffies are facing a pscyhopathic threat, when I love that normally fluffies face eldritch lovecraftian threats (humans).

Just my 2 cents on the meta. You do you :+1: Some peeps can do very satisfying smarties/hellgremlins

13 Likes

Funny you say that, because when it comes to human beings usually being the victim of severe and unending abuse is a major cause of psychological disorders rather than the cure. Just take a look at virtually every serial killer in history.

8 Likes

I see your point but aren’t hellgremlins basically the fluffy version of psycho killers by his metric? Still puts fluffies well about humans if you grade on the morality curve.

6 Likes

And like I said, some peeps can do hellgremlins well. I just prefer the psychopaths to be the all-powerful humans. It’s always strange that a fluffy is super weak and couldn’t harm a cockroach, unless it’s a smarty, then it can rip a fluffy limb from limb with its (weak) jaws. Mind you, these are the same fluffies that abusers use for recreation, so these fluffs tend to be durable unless it’s a smarty attacking. Then they are made of paper.

8 Likes

Now that you mention it they are pretty over the top, fluffy don’t even have real hooves kind of hard to see one as lethal (well maybe if it sat on something smaller then it), the more I think about it, the more cringy it is

4 Likes

hellgremliins are just a lazy crutch for lazy writers

8 Likes

or can be a slow decent into insanity.

5 Likes

I would actually love to see a way from a normal good fluffy to a hellgemlin. If breaking bad showed Walter at his lowest right in the first episode, it wouldn’t be as interesting

6 Likes

Why involve genetics where parenting works perfectly? Helgremlins are also found in real life: they are called “golden youth” or, if without romance, “ordinary asshole”. It is enough to spoil a young idiot, indulge his every desire and say that he is special - the output will be excellent scum.
So, it seems to me, genetics is not necessary. It is enough if the farm staff/the leader of the herd loses sight of an overly caring “mummah”. She will be able to spoil her child so that the genetic psychopath will seem like a nice person (at least he understands that his behavior is disgusting and tries to control himself). Actually, in my opinion, there are two advantages to this approach:

1. Hellgremlin can appear anywhere.
  2. Hellgremlin can’t be fixed, as it likes to be a hellgremlin.
6 Likes

By the way, fluffy can be turned into a full asshole in adulthood. Flattery, honor, and power are sweet poisons that can quickly corrupt all the weaks and that the strongs who seek them. So, if the insignificant fluffy or the fluffy that was originally looking for a place of smarty, will become the leader of the herd in a quiet and satisfying place… After a very short time, the head of this herd will be an egoist for whom there is only his own “I WANT!!!”.

5 Likes

What fun is there in abusing a creature that “deserves” it? Of course your job as an abuser is to make the fluffy believe that it deserves to be punished, but you shouldn’t be buying into that fantasy yourself, you should be having fun senselessly dealing hilariously disproportionate retribution on artificial technicolor pig horse hamsters.

Even IF it’s a baby-raping smarty - who the fuck cares? It’s just raping worthless feral foals anyway, it’s not doing anyone any real harm. Sure when you’re playing the role of judge jury and torturer for the smarty, it’s fun to virtue signal and front as if you actually feel for the foals he raped to death, but actually getting angry over a fluffy doing something that doesn’t involve you is just kinda lame. It’s just a fucking fluffy.

The only “justified” abuse is when a fluffy does something that mildly inconveniences you, like shitting all over your lawn, asking for “nummies and wawm howsie”, or raping YOUR foals to death.

5 Likes

yikes, a strong abuser. lisen, im a neutralbox through and through. i’d rather shut the door on a fluffy that has asked me to adopt it than kick it, feed it, or take it in to abuse/adopt. also, this headcannon of mine applies to my story, which i will have on of these charicters decend into the madness of hellgremlinism.

please, if you want to express your ideas, make a community post :sweat:

edit: there’s a group for abuser, i recommend you check it out

3 Likes

But… This is very inviting for opinions. Its half the point of posting.
Did you not want peoples thoughts?

4 Likes

point made, though i’d rather have peaple criticizing on functionality rather than their own alignment

4 Likes

Alright, but admittedly that where people’s thoughts come from, though I understand your reasoning.

4 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

In my story the smartys are only able to do sorry hoofsies and sorry poopies. Not really able to kill or maim, just injure.

4 Likes

And that’s usually the line that separates smarties and hellgremlins. Anything more than sorry hoofsies and poopsies and you got a hellgremlin on your hands.

2 Likes

Just by Newton’s third law, a fluffy shouldn’t be able to injure another fluffy to any significant degree without also hurting itself. Let’s assume fluffies to be the size of a large cat. Cats do damage with their sharp teeth and claws - without those, a cat isn’t really going to be able to beat its prey to death, simply because it’s too small to exert the necessary blunt forces. A fluffy is likely weaker and fatter than a cat, with blunt teeth and soft hooves. A full-grown fluffy might be able to bruise up a foal or squish some chirpies under their hoof, but I don’t think one can physically exert the forces necessary to seriously injure another adult fluffy without a well-placed strike to the special wumps. They are, after all, designed to not be able to hurt children.

3 Likes