Helping a Friend Out Ch. 1 (by fluffysomething)

AN: This series uses @BFM101’s character, Josef and their ideas for this series. Enjoy!

You are Dr. Harriet Roseman, and you finally feel well enough to go home. When you get there, everything seems… fine. Almost a little too fine, considering what you’ve been told.

“Mom-mee bak! Mom-mee giv huggies tu Eff-vee-zewo-fouw-fouw-siks 'gain?” FV-0446 squeals joyfully, reaching their stubby arms out to hug you. It looks a bit different, though. You guess it’s normal, since you’ve been away from them so long.

“Awwwwwh, sure!” You say, picking them up, hugging them, and placing them in their safe-room.

“Mom-mee giv mowe huggies? Oooh, mom-mee giv wepwication-huggies!?” They ask, shocking you quite a bit at the sudden request.

“That’s funny, FV-0446! But, no.” You reply, laughing uncomfortably as it giggles loudly.

“Yeh, Eff-vee-zewo-fouw-fouw-siks jus maek siwwy jokie…!” They laugh, waving at you and hugging your leg as you sneak downstairs.

“Oh, God. I mean, there’s nothing to worry about. It’s just that FV-0446 looks a little different and it just ‘jokingly’ asked me for replication-huggies.” You mutter to yourself, as Clarke comes over to check on you.

“Everything okay? What happened?” He asks, as you sit down and tell him everything.

“Well, they’ve been a bit odd when they were in my house. But, if you’re really that worried, I think I know who to call.” He implies, picking up your phone and handing it to you.

“No. We don’t need to call him, right…? Right?” You mumble, handing the phone back to him as you sit back down.

“If you’re worried about it, and it sounds should like you should be, you might as well. Here.” He looks down, handing you the phone again and waiting for you to call him.

You are FV-0446, and you feel… different. Your mommy is looking at you differently, as well! Your pointy-thingies feel different, and you want huggies. In fact, you want anyone to simply just touch you on your pointy-thingies right now. Wait, who’s that?

“FV-0446, this is Josef. He’ll be looking at you closely for a bit.” Your mommy waves at him, walking out of your safe-room.

“You’re one of those fluffy-like, new Bestest Sickie Friends, right? I actually know quite a bit about you all.” He asks, picking you up and placing you on a blanket he has in the bag he brought. He even brought a fluffy! Maybe they’ll finally give you the replication-huggies you so desperately need?

“Yeh, am a sickie-fwiend. Hoo that?” You point at them, confused as they stare you down.

“Daddeh Joesep, hoo dat mummahfuka? Am wun of dose sickie-poopies? If sickie-poopie fink dey am gittin’ anee ‘wepwication-huggies’ out of Cwimson, dey am wong.” They snap, scaring you into leaking sickie-juicesies onto the blanket as they try to hit you with their hoof.

“Crimson, that’s someone else’s bio-toy. Leave the room so I know you won’t hurt them.” He orders, pointing at the door as they stare at you again, then leave.

“Now, your mommy told me about what happened. All the bad things that happened?” He continues, closing the door to your safe-room and looking closely at you while taking notes.

“Yeh… Wan bay-bees an’ speshew-fwiend an’ be weawwy happie 'gain…” You sigh, as he pats your pointy-thingies, causing you to tremble a bit.

“Does that hurt or feel different at all?” He asks, touching your pointy-thingies again as you try to hold back a squeal.

“Yeh…! Pwease wet Eff-vee-zewo-fouw-fouw-siks hav wepwication-huggies wif Mistah Joesep? Wiww hav bestest bay-bees evah…!” You yelp as he frowns at you and pats your not-head.

“No, I’m sorry. Anyways, you said you really want ‘replication-huggies’, your mommy said you look different than she’s used to, and you’re not acting very normal…” He sighs, writing something down again before heading downstairs while holding you.

You are Dr. Harriet Roseman, and you are waiting for Josef to say something about FV-0446. Is there something wrong with them?

“Well, at least we got it early.” He sighs, showing you the notes he wrote.

“Got wh- Oh, that. I didn’t know Bestest Sickie Friends could mu-” You mumble, getting cut off by him as he motions at FV-0446.

“We can’t say that, since Bestest Sickie Friends associate mutation with being a ‘bad sickie-friend’, and they’ve been through enough.” He nods at you as you nod back and ask him to continue.

“Anyways, we caught it in the early stages. I don’t know exactly what parts of their genome changed, but it definitely did.” He continues, placing FV-0446 down on the floor to go play upstairs.

“So, what do we do about it?” You question, as he sighs again and answers.

“Well, I’ll take them off your hands and study them for a bit.” He responds, waiting for you to reply.

“Go ahead, but I wanna see it back in one piece.” You laugh, waving FV-0446 goodbye for now as it looks at you confusedly.

1 Like

“But Doc, how can Josef be alive in this story if this takes places after Trials & Tribulations when it’s already been established by the crossover story Old Wounds that Josef died before the Trials series!”

“It’s Multiversal fuckery Marty, don’t think on it too hard.”

Solid start, loved the Crimson cameo, very on-point. Looking forward to seeing where 0446 goes from here. Likely nowhere good with Josef involved but I’m intrigued

3 Likes

I mean, Josef is the same guy who almost weaponized a literal fluffy-infecting virus before and would definitely take that chance again

1 Like

Easy answer: Ricky cloned him and Crimson so he could forever hold that over his head.

1 Like

Joseph and Rick would very probably be friends if they ran in the same multiverse. I accept.

1 Like